Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Official Mining Thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34046664)

LordHawkwind Jan 9, 2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIGELG (Post 1338259629)
New cards are scarce and now the scourge of mining is making things even worse.

Thanks, miners:bleh: .

Hey NIGELG I've got a new card and I'm very chilled. Gaming at 1440p 144hz Ultra settings absolutely loving it. No compromises, no regrets I've paid for it move on happy times hopefully.

Seyiji Jan 9, 2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338259632)
Hey NIGELG I've got a new card and I'm very chilled. Gaming at 1440p 144hz Ultra settings absolutely loving it. No compromises, no regrets I've paid for it move on happy times hopefully.

If you're so happy and content with moving on why do you keep going into any thread you can find to try and justify your purchase?

Seems more like your hiding behind a mask....



Fuku2 Jan 9, 2021 09:31 PM

I'd buy an RTX 3090 if I could order one online and get it delivered safely to my dwelling without getting jerked around on the price and jumping through hoops to procure it.

Not for mining. I don't that. Just for gaming purposes.
Sure, the 3080 is a better *value* but the top end has become even more top heavy for pricing in recent years.

Whatever happened to more units sold=lower price to attract even more customers to increase revenue?

Popular now means raising prices for the sheep because we eat it up like Pac Man chomping on a brown ghost.

Seyiji Jan 9, 2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuku2 (Post 1338259645)
I'd buy an RTX 3090 if I could order one online and get it delivered safely to my dwelling without getting jerked around on the price and jumping through hoops to procure it.

Not for mining. I don't that. Just for gaming purposes.
Sure, the 3080 is a better *value* but the top end has become even more top heavy for pricing in recent years.

Whatever happened to more units sold=lower price to attract even more customers to increase revenue?

Popular now means raising prices for the sheep because we eat it up like Pac Man chomping on a brown ghost.

Pacman gai gonna die chomping on brown ghost tho. Needs moar power pellets :yep:

NIGELG Jan 9, 2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338259632)
Hey NIGELG I've got a new card and I'm very chilled. Gaming at 1440p 144hz Ultra settings absolutely loving it. No compromises, no regrets I've paid for it move on happy times hopefully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338259633)
If you're so happy and content with moving on why do you keep going into any thread you can find to try and justify your purchase?



Seems more like your hiding behind a mask....



I think it's possible he might be swimming in regret. :lol:

KAC Jan 9, 2021 10:48 PM

He is mining now. The card will pay for itself. :bleh:

SirBaron Jan 10, 2021 05:01 AM

So does Nicehash automatically payout after 0.001 bitcoin or can you keep going as far as possible and then sell it when the market is good?

KAC Jan 10, 2021 05:19 AM

It will keep adding the BTC to your wallet. You can exchange for cash whenever you feel like.

KAC Jan 10, 2021 09:42 AM

Dagger difficulty up from 0.9 to 2.0. :lol:
Also for some reason I am unable to login. :mad:

Leprechaun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259740)
Dagger difficulty up from 0.9 to 2.0. :lol:
Also for some reason I am unable to login. :mad:

Same and same!!! :mad:

SirBaron Jan 10, 2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259740)
Dagger difficulty up from 0.9 to 2.0. :lol:
Also for some reason I am unable to login. :mad:

What does the difficulty do exactly, dictate how fast you can make a bitcoin? Is that something they can even control?

I also had login issues early but they didn't last long.

KAC Jan 10, 2021 09:20 PM

Difficulty does not typically scale linearly but in a few weeks it would mean that earning will be less than half of what people were enjoying on that algo. Most likely other algos will also get a cut in parallel as is always the case. This is my limited understanding and it maybe wrong. But when I was mining previously every time difficulty went up the earn rate fell drastically in max 1/2 - 1 week. It doesn’t help that BTC also went down by 5K which will further reduce earnings. So essentially the dude with 78 graphics that was supposedly making 20K per month will probably be down to 8-9K in a week’s time. :lol:. Given past experience you can expect BTC price to go back to about 11-12K level in 2-3 months.

For some reason though my profitability is showing as 8.5 bucks today whereas, in past few days it was 6.5 bucks. So what do I know lol. :nuts:

Leprechaun Jan 10, 2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259847)
Difficulty does not typically scale linearly but in a few weeks it would mean that earning will be less than half of what people were enjoying on that algo. Most likely other algos will also get a cut in parallel as is always the case. This is my limited understanding and it maybe wrong. But when I was mining previously every time difficulty went up the earn rate fell drastically in max 1/2 - 1 week. It doesn’t help that BTC also went down by 5K which will further reduce earnings. So essentially the dude with 78 graphics that was supposedly making 20K per month will probably be down to 8-9K in a week’s time. :lol:. Given past experience you can expect BTC price to go back to about 11-12K level in 2-3 months.

For some reason though my profitability is showing as 8.5 bucks today whereas, in past few days it was 6.5 bucks. So what do I know lol. :nuts:

Same I made more today than previous days. So it takes a few weeks for the difficulty to set in?

KAC Jan 11, 2021 02:29 AM

Yes because typically a lot of retail gays stop mining when this happens. This improves earning for a bit until all the gays come back. lol.

Taman Linkin Jan 11, 2021 03:25 AM

also since ath broke there's no retest on that level (20k) and there's a cme gap at 25k and 40k. usually the price goes there 90% of time. so prepare to reload and hodl. ath restest is a possibility now.

Leprechaun Jan 11, 2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259880)
Yes because typically a lot of retail gays stop mining when this happens. This improves earning for a bit until all the gays come back. lol.

That's what I assumed, less people mining. I'm a noob but if a person thinks Bitcoin/crypto will skyrocket in price then its current $dollar value isn't an issue? I've mined a third more BTC the last 24hrs even though price$ is down. If it goes back up my $dollar value will too. Am I not thinking about this right?

KAC Jan 11, 2021 09:04 AM

Keep mining till it makes sense for you. No one can tell you when it stops making sense to mine since everyone's cost and price target is different. For me personally, I am mining on and off but not really feeling it. 5-7 bucks a day is a pittance. I would rather spend that money on the stock market and try to play there.

KAC Jan 11, 2021 09:59 AM

This shite be crashing.

Leprechaun Jan 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259935)
This shite be crashing.

It's going down faster than KAC on yo mamma.
Yet I've earned more BTC than any previous period. I'll ignore the dollar$ amount and focus on how much BTC is mined. You either believe in crypto or you don't.

Do those humongous mining farms mine 24/365 regardless of how cryptocurrencies are doing?

KAC Jan 11, 2021 10:27 AM

Yes they do. Most are in China where cost of electricity is less than trying to sell your turd.

Leprechaun Jan 11, 2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338259942)
Yes they do. Most are in China where cost of electricity is less than trying to sell your turd.

Ya China. Govt subsidized crud. What about Iceland they had about the biggest one? There's quite a few in Canada and even one in my city. Wonder how they do.
Solar panels are going up at the office this year...many ideas flowing through my head now.

I've mined ~2.1x the BTC these past two 4 hr sessions than any time before. More $$ even at lower prices and twice the BTC. I'm one confused noob.

LordHawkwind Jan 11, 2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338259633)
If you're so happy and content with moving on why do you keep going into any thread you can find to try and justify your purchase?

Seems more like your hiding behind a mask....



Just spreading my happiness around y'all. I also like NIGELG's quote about swimming in regret :lol: :lol: It's my first enthusiast card for a decade having owned AMD cards. Just making sure everyone knows. I think mission accomplished.

Seyiji Jan 11, 2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338260057)
Just spreading my happiness around y'all. I also like NIGELG's quote about swimming in regret :lol: :lol: It's my first enthusiast card for a decade having owned AMD cards. Just making sure everyone knows. I think mission accomplished.

Mebbe keep it in your pants a bit next time you're scaring the kids :bleh2:

LordHawkwind Jan 11, 2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprechaun (Post 1338259976)
Ya China. Govt subsidized crud. What about Iceland they had about the biggest one? There's quite a few in Canada and even one in my city. Wonder how they do.
Solar panels are going up at the office this year...many ideas flowing through my head now.

I've mined ~2.1x the BTC these past two 4 hr sessions than any time before. More $$ even at lower prices and twice the BTC. I'm one confused noob.

I'm not into mining but I was surprised to find out that it voids your warranty. Here's a snippet from EVGA warranty. The same wording is on my warranty too.

"Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes)."

LordHawkwind Jan 11, 2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338260062)
Mebbe keep it in your pants a bit next time you're scaring the kids :bleh2:

Aye aye Captain.

Dave Jan 11, 2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprechaun (Post 1338259940)
I'll ignore the dollar$ amount and focus on how much BTC is mined. You either believe in crypto or you don't.


Pretty much this.

KAC Jan 11, 2021 09:37 PM

Already BTC is down from 0.18 mBTC to 0.14 mBTC. Think I will stop here. For 5 bucks a day it is just not worth my time.

Leprechaun Jan 12, 2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338260124)
Already BTC is down from 0.18 mBTC to 0.14 mBTC. Think I will stop here. For 5 bucks a day it is just not worth my time.

After yesterday's 80% extra BTC mining it's down a decent 1/3 today. What sorcery is this?

KAC Jan 12, 2021 12:17 PM

Told you it takes 1/2 to 1 week to stabilize. Your rate will be cut in half. Expect it.

SirBaron Jan 13, 2021 01:55 PM

Hash rate is 92 at the mo, set Fan to 100% and it increased, seems my vram was too hot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com