Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Dachshund Oct 3, 2004 11:58 PM


Reese Oct 4, 2004 03:49 PM

i guess im a little(alot) late:


mishy Oct 5, 2004 07:35 PM

Reese,nice, tho i never thought i cud use the heat of my PC to cook my dinner, nice idea!

ViSioN Oct 8, 2004 05:03 PM

Ghetto fabulous
 
I dont have much money and I have done everything you see for around 3000 bux... most of it was free....

Just an old Pentium 2 550 256MB PC100 with a Riva TNT2 Ultra (free) with a ISA TV CARD works great....



Just for the bills and some kitchen internet access. Pentium 1 233 was (free)



LOL my old 486 I cant seem to throw it away.. I use it for when I am modding or whatever else....



Dual pentium 3 1ghz - Windows 2003 Domain Controller - 512 PC 133
4 120GB Hard Drives first 2 are a mirrored. Geforce 2 GTS 64MB, also have the wheel for my racing games, and for entertainment for friends and LAN parties... also running exchange with a pop plugin for my email to be anywhere with outlook in the house..

then there is my work laptop its a pentium 233 crap toshiba, but its great for pinging, tracert's, and packet sniffing when im on site doing my network thing.
Windows 2000... Also use this to sync my Treo 300 sprint phone and I use the phone for internet on the go and VPN to my house for invoicing, faxing, or e-mail..



This is the chibang ghetto fabulous setup for the poor. Not pretty and i know spagetti wire but hey.... Its my crappy basement I dont care...

Top left machine is celeron 500 (free) with A geforce 2 196MB PC100. Dual booted for XP, and Xandros Desktop (Linux).

Bottom left machine is Pentium Pro 233 (free), with 128 EDO RAM lol.... Dual booted Windows 2000, and Mandrake 9.1.

top right is a Pentium 2 400 connected to its own dedicated cable modem for downloading pleasure, with 2 nic cards one for its own internet and one for the domain. Win XP...

bottom right is a pentium 3 733 with a radeon 8500 OEM modded to retail. 256MB Ram. Dual booted Win XP/Linspire

computer below the desk is a Athlonx XP 2400 oc'd by FSB to 2.2ghz. Radeon 9700 128. 768MB PC2100, sblive whatever my gaming machine.. lil outdated but it works.... DVD burner.... all that... This computer pumps video to all the TV signals in the house for movie watching... Dual booted WinXP/98se, Mandrake 10.

Two cable modems total... one for downloading one for the rest of the house.

Cisco 2501 Router/ Linksys Cable modem router/ linksys switch/ 10mb crap hub.

Cybex KVM switch older than hell and also cheap as ****... I only use it for Keyboard and mouse....

built the desk mod... with ****** wood from my friend in construction and painted it black...

ummmm..... All the PC's are pumped to my Yamaha 1978 uber stereo hooked up to my 15 inch cerwin vega's.. I never was interested in surround sound I just want LOUD!!!!!!!

everything is on the domain and wired up.

This camera is the new PSC-150 sony camera with a gig of PRO mem...

ok I am done ghetto fabulous bragging now.... thnx for the thread... now i feel super uber....




Yes I am wierd!!!!!!!!!! and a geek, but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

multicycle Oct 8, 2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSioN
I dont have much money and I have done everything you see for around 3000 bux... most of it was free....

Just an old Pentium 2 550 256MB PC100 with a Riva TNT2 Ultra (free) with a ISA TV CARD works great....



Just for the bills and some kitchen internet access. Pentium 1 233 was (free)



LOL my old 486 I cant seem to throw it away.. I use it for when I am modding or whatever else....



Dual pentium 3 1ghz - Windows 2003 Domain Controller - 512 PC 133
4 120GB Hard Drives first 2 are a mirrored. Geforce 2 GTS 64MB, also have the wheel for my racing games, and for entertainment for friends and LAN parties... also running exchange with a pop plugin for my email to be anywhere with outlook in the house..

then there is my work laptop its a pentium 233 crap toshiba, but its great for pinging, tracert's, and packet sniffing when im on site doing my network thing.
Windows 2000... Also use this to sync my Treo 300 sprint phone and I use the phone for internet on the go and VPN to my house for invoicing, faxing, or e-mail..



This is the chibang ghetto fabulous setup for the poor. Not pretty and i know spagetti wire but hey.... Its my crappy basement I dont care...

Top left machine is celeron 500 (free) with A geforce 2 196MB PC100. Dual booted for XP, and Xandros Desktop (Linux).

Bottom left machine is Pentium Pro 233 (free), with 128 EDO RAM lol.... Dual booted Windows 2000, and Mandrake 9.1.

top right is a Pentium 2 400 connected to its own dedicated cable modem for downloading pleasure, with 2 nic cards one for its own internet and one for the domain. Win XP...

bottom right is a pentium 3 733 with a radeon 8500 OEM modded to retail. 256MB Ram. Dual booted Win XP/Linspire

computer below the desk is a Athlonx XP 2400 oc'd by FSB to 2.2ghz. Radeon 9700 128. 768MB PC2100, sblive whatever my gaming machine.. lil outdated but it works.... DVD burner.... all that... This computer pumps video to all the TV signals in the house for movie watching... Dual booted WinXP/98se, Mandrake 10.

Two cable modems total... one for downloading one for the rest of the house.

Cisco 2501 Router/ Linksys Cable modem router/ linksys switch/ 10mb crap hub.

Cybex KVM switch older than hell and also cheap as ****... I only use it for Keyboard and mouse....

built the desk mod... with ****** wood from my friend in construction and painted it black...

ummmm..... All the PC's are pumped to my Yamaha 1978 uber stereo hooked up to my 15 inch cerwin vega's.. I never was interested in surround sound I just want LOUD!!!!!!!

everything is on the domain and wired up.

This camera is the new PSC-150 sony camera with a gig of PRO mem...

ok I am done ghetto fabulous bragging now.... thnx for the thread... now i feel super uber....




Yes I am wierd!!!!!!!!!! and a geek, but I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you have like what, 10 pc's :nuts:

mishy Oct 8, 2004 06:48 PM

ViSioN, i bet ur electricty bill is mental!
i can understand why u have so many PCs,i do a network course, u can never have too many,and a P200 with 64mb of ram and a 3com NIC is good enough to do anything network traffic wise. linux and networkin traffic i bet is what u use them for. keep up the good work(and mess) ull earn plenty of money later.

ViSioN Oct 8, 2004 07:14 PM

well thnx for a usefull comment....(no sarcasm)
 
Electric bill is actually not bad with Air Conditioning its about 140..... 2 years ago when I had about 1/8 the PC's the bill this time of year was 132. PC's really dont take up that much power the AC takes up way more plus electric companies charge seasonly or something its like ranged on price I dont really know but thats what they told me when I was up at the electric companies office...

You are correct in the guess on the extra PC's... I also use them for @home projects and stuff as well with the left over processor power.. So yeah bandwidth and helping out a good cause. Also just for experimenting and sometimes I use them to macro a game I play called asheron's call.

Other than that.. the other PC's around the house serve a purpose for the kid, wife and my self the biggest kid :nuts:

shees that guy actually wants to demean me by calling me wacky for being different just goes to show you the level of depth at which some people think.. yeah I am a lil crazy big deal who isnt in a age when even self conserved yuppies are nutty in their own right. Their suburban salad clean outlook on life is a compulsive disorder in it self.

mishy Oct 8, 2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSioN
You are correct in the guess on the extra PC's... I also use them for @home projects and stuff as well with the left over processor power.. So yeah bandwidth and helping out a good cause. Also just for experimenting and sometimes I use them to macro a game I play called asheron's call.

my next guess wud have been u were copyin the beowulf servers or tryin to do the same as 'Google.com' and its large commulative farm power!
Quote:

yeah I am a lil crazy big deal who isnt in a age when even self conserved yuppies are nutty in their own right. Their suburban salad clean outlook on life is a compulsive disorder in it self.
chill out, no 1 called u anything, if u pick the right ppl some1 will always find some1 else crazy...hell some ppl think forums in general are crazy.ull always meet ppl who simply dont understand...but now were off-topic

multicycle Oct 8, 2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSioN
Electric bill is actually not bad with Air Conditioning its about 140..... 2 years ago when I had about 1/8 the PC's the bill this time of year was 132. PC's really dont take up that much power the AC takes up way more plus electric companies charge seasonly or something its like ranged on price I dont really know but thats what they told me when I was up at the electric companies office...

You are correct in the guess on the extra PC's... I also use them for @home projects and stuff as well with the left over processor power.. So yeah bandwidth and helping out a good cause. Also just for experimenting and sometimes I use them to macro a game I play called asheron's call.

Other than that.. the other PC's around the house serve a purpose for the kid, wife and my self the biggest kid :nuts:

shees that guy actually wants to demean me by calling me wacky for being different just goes to show you the level of depth at which some people think.. yeah I am a lil crazy big deal who isnt in a age when even self conserved yuppies are nutty in their own right. Their suburban salad clean outlook on life is a compulsive disorder in it self.

wtf? i didnt call u crazy.

now u mentioned it, i do think u r a little nuts. :p

ViSioN Oct 9, 2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicycle
wtf? i didnt call u crazy.

now u mentioned it, i do think u r a little nuts. :p

maybe i read u wrong but i thought you were being a smart ass. Forget about it my bad for being ill temperd.... Im only crazy in the morning when i wake up, normal when i fall asleep.

UDHA Oct 9, 2004 09:32 AM



My desk as of today, on the floor, nothing much, runs a test server for my php and mysql tests and my friend's stupid phantom guy comic :p That big thing to the right is the games rig, a little updated from the sig below, mainly the addition of a 9800 Pro.

GhOsT_89 Oct 17, 2004 02:00 AM

:eek: WOW...i thought my desk was a mess but compared to yours mine is decent...you have a spaghetti of cables in the back and a lot of garbage and stuuf on the desk and floor:hmm: ....man u have almost no space te move the mouse... i bet u your mouse gets stuck, because you cant move it more to the right or to the left, while you are gaming and u get angry because u get killed.:nag:

I will send u a photo of my desk with my gaming rig when i finish up building it in december.

EDITED BY GATOR FOR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT

TARRANTELLA_BMG Oct 18, 2004 09:59 AM

Wow...compared to most of you, my rig looks very pedestrian.
(Will be doing a full system upgrade in late Q1/2005 though)

Mine started as an Alienware rig 1/2002. Since then I have rebuilt it from
the case up.

These pics also don't show the recent sleeving to the wires and
larger (50-90CFM) and more fans I have put in. As far as cooling
goes, I have a friggin loud jet plane engine monster.<img>


Perhaps a pic of me circa Dec. 2003 will scare you l33ts into
submission...lol



Ristogod Oct 18, 2004 01:46 PM

OMG people, learn to resize

GhOsT_89 Oct 18, 2004 03:51 PM

alien wares suck ass....too MUCH money for crap!

ViSioN Oct 18, 2004 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhOsT_89
alien wares suck ass....too MUCH money for crap!

it may be overpriced but a PC is a PC, besides he rebuilt it so Im sure he learned. Its all just marketing but Alienware is no worse than any other gaming machine seller, its still a PC that can play up to date games.

you remind me of Jan.... MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA!

GhOsT_89 Oct 18, 2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViSioN
it may be overpriced but a PC is a PC, besides he rebuilt it so Im sure he learned. Its all just marketing but Alienware is no worse than any other gaming machine seller, its still a PC that can play up to date games.

you remind me of Jan.... MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA!

i said crap becasue i may get a much better system for too much $$$$ less, its totally true the play nicely games, but they are TOO overpriced!!!!too much $$$$$$$ for them, just build oyur own pc, its the only wise way for gaming

Darklord215 Oct 19, 2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhOsT_89
i said crap becasue i may get a much better system for too much $$$$ less, its totally true the play nicely games, but they are TOO overpriced!!!!too much $$$$$$$ for them, just build oyur own pc, its the only wise way for gaming

I second that!!

ViSioN Oct 21, 2004 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhOsT_89
i said crap becasue i may get a much better system for too much $$$$ less, its totally true the play nicely games, but they are TOO overpriced!!!!too much $$$$$$$ for them, just build oyur own pc, its the only wise way for gaming

this is true..

Tyr-Sog Oct 21, 2004 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytprice
What do you guyes think of my first attempt? [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]


Now you just need a nice big white winged wheel on the side of that case. ;)

Yosh70 Oct 21, 2004 02:25 PM

Its not fancy or anything but it gets the job done......



And a close up of the rig itself.....


multicycle Oct 22, 2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Its not fancy or anything but it gets the job done......



And a close up of the rig itself.....


oh man, that was the case i wanted to get, but the store doesnt have it in stock, so i picked antec 1000amg instead :)

Turnbull2000 Oct 23, 2004 02:22 PM


Ryan45 Oct 24, 2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Its not fancy or anything but it gets the job done......



And a close up of the rig itself.....



Thats one nice rig man. :drool:

Yosh70 Oct 25, 2004 01:21 AM

Thanx man but I decided to change the case recently and now have this one instead....




Im having a couple of issues with this case tho....the DVD wont even open with the button and the CDRW seems to tight, will open and close by itself if I push on the button, and then of course, both buttons decide to act like turtles and I gotta take off the front bezel.Any idea on how to adjust those cover plates?

And....the power LED cable for this case is a two pin design. The header on my motherboard is also a two pin design, but with with a space in the middle! So it's really for a 3 pin design.
Wth? Anybody have any ideas on these things?

VW_Factor Oct 27, 2004 11:42 AM


Drives??



VW_Factor Oct 27, 2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waqas

I wish I could keep my desk that clean and neat..
:eek:

Hyrax Oct 28, 2004 11:56 AM



My computer has heating issues with the case panel on. :o :)

Edit:
I took the pic with my brothers $80 3.1 MP camera. My camera is still on my desk broken :(

multicycle Oct 28, 2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrax


My computer has heating issues with the case panel on. :o :)

Edit:
I took the pic with my brothers $80 3.1 MP camera. My camera is still on my desk broken :(

:lol:

1madman1 Oct 29, 2004 05:32 PM

Updated pic of main PC:



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com