Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

MangaSpawn64 Apr 24, 2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336907132)
I was trying to be funny due to the large nature of the photo's - Meant nothing by it though :)

I was gonna say, man the iphone 5 takes shitty picture :p

VW_Factor Apr 24, 2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion X2 (Post 1336906663)
Even if you're overclocking on a BUS a 20$ RAM cooler would suffice to keep your RAM sticks cool and probably provide some airflow to the chipset as well.

Its the reason I use a RAM cooler. Just to help move air around too keep other things cooler. Not really so much for the RAM as its rarely more than simply warm to the touch.

Dungeoncrawler Apr 25, 2012 02:58 PM

Kinda disappointed with my cpu temps after adding my watercooling unit. I guess the one rad is just not enough for 2 gpu's and a cpu. Under load I'm sometimes getting close to 65c on the proc. The gpu's are staying extremely cool (usually around 50c in 3d mode). Not sure what to do at this point since I don't have room for another rad. The money I spent on the watercooling unit and its just barely beating the temps I was getting with my h70 :(.

Roadhog Apr 25, 2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Kinda disappointed with my cpu temps after adding my watercooling unit. I guess the one rad is just not enough for 2 gpu's and a cpu. Under load I'm sometimes getting close to 65c on the proc. The gpu's are staying extremely cool (usually around 50c in 3d mode). Not sure what to do at this point since I don't have room for another rad. The money I spent on the watercooling unit and its just barely beating the temps I was getting with my h70 :(.
Those are pretty good temps for cpu and two gpus. Don't see what there is to complain about there.

Greasy Apr 25, 2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336908153)

Could you add a 120mm rad on the back of the case? I'm kind of surprised if your CPU is running hotter than those GPUs if it's first in line coming out of the reservoir. You may want to pull the block, and make sure it was seated correctly.

Roadhog Apr 25, 2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1336908171)
Could you add a 120mm rad on the back of the case? I'm kind of surprised if your CPU is running hotter than those GPUs if it's first in line coming out of the reservoir. You may want to pull the block, and make sure it was seated correctly.

Loop order does not matter. Cpus will also always run hotter than a gpu. You could check the contact on the cpu block, wouldn't hurt.

Dungeoncrawler Apr 25, 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog_ (Post 1336908161)
Those are pretty good temps for cpu and two gpus. Don't see what there is to complain about there.

Was just going off of some similar setups where the person was reporting cpu temps not breaking the mid 50's *shrugs*. However, you guys know more about this stuff than me :). Speaking of correct seating, I did use the thermal paste that came with the setup. I remember noticing it looked slightly more 'watery' than other thermal pastes I have used before. I applied in the standard X pattern. I've recently acquired some Arctic Alumina compound. Maybe a re-seat is in order?

Roadhog Apr 25, 2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336908209)
Was just going off of some similar setups where the person was reporting cpu temps not breaking the mid 50's *shrugs*. However, you guys know more about this stuff than me :)

Is their ambient temp the same as yours? ;)

Dungeoncrawler Apr 25, 2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog_ (Post 1336908211)
Is their ambient temp the same as yours? ;)

Good question that I don't know the answer to. Granted it does get rather hot in the room. I've got another pc with a pair of 580's venting into the area so I get ambient temps sometimes in the 80f. Question bout pulling the waterblock to check thermal seating. Do I need to back-off the tension spring fastener's before loosening the actual water block retention bolts?

Roadhog Apr 25, 2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336908219)
Good question that I don't know the answer to. Granted it does get rather hot in the room. I've got another pc with a pair of 580's venting into the area so I get ambient temps sometimes in the 80f. Question bout pulling the waterblock to check thermal seating. Do I need to back-off the tension spring fastener's before loosening the actual water block retention bolts?

80f is pretty high. In that case i would say your temps are damn good.

jjyiz28 Apr 26, 2012 08:25 PM

shoddy on my cell phone, but u get the gist. q6600, x1950pro, would you look at the size of my heatsink??

Meteor_of_War Apr 26, 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjyiz28 (Post 1336909626)
would you look at the size of my heatsink??

I know it looks big but that is actually the standard these days for an after market heatsink.

CurrentlyPissed Apr 26, 2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1336909717)
I know it looks big but that is actually the standard these days for an after market heatsink.

Not if you count water cooling :p

VW_Factor Apr 26, 2012 10:33 PM

A bit more playing with long exposure times. This is 4 seconds. Even with the monitor brightness all the way down, it still was WAY blown out. My betta tank shows nicely though.

On the right, the light I'm sure is coming from the other fish tanks. All the lights were off in the room.

MangaSpawn64 Apr 27, 2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjyiz28 (Post 1336909626)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/jjyiz28/0426121804.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/jjyiz28/0426121803.jpg

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/jjyiz28/0426121802.jpg

shoddy on my cell phone, but u get the gist. q6600, x1950pro, would you look at the size of my heatsink??

You'll never be a mod with that much dust in your computer son.

kakarot Apr 27, 2012 12:51 PM

I have finally reached my goal after many weeks of low beer and food consumption. It is amazing to say the least but I have a feeling my video cards hate me now:lol: Next mission is upgrading my 3+ year old cpu and mobo.

Btw, awesome wiring job on that t600 Penguin. I could not make mine look like that even if I tried

Dungeoncrawler Apr 29, 2012 07:41 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here. When I had my proc oc'ed to 4.6GHz (3.8GHz default) I noticed the temps would vary as much as 10c degrees from core to core. After I updated my bios, I kept the proc at default speed. Now I notice my temps are pretty close on all cores and was wondering if that is normal? Oc'ing the proc is what produced the fluctuating core temps?

spike700 Apr 29, 2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336912137)
Didn't want to start a new thread anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here. When I had my proc oc'ed to 4.6GHz (3.8GHz default) I noticed the temps would vary as much as 10c degrees from core to core. After I updated my bios, I kept the proc at default speed. Now I notice my temps are pretty close on all cores and was wondering if that is normal? Oc'ing the proc is what produced the fluctuating core temps?

It is normal, although the bios update may have something to do with it. The temp sensors in Intel's chips were never meant to be terribly accurate and the hotter or cooler the cpu is the more difference there will be between the sensors.

Dungeoncrawler Apr 29, 2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike700 (Post 1336912161)
It is normal, although the bios update may have something to do with it. The temp sensors in Intel's chips were never meant to be terribly accurate and the hotter or cooler the cpu is the more difference there will be between the sensors.

:up:

kakarot Apr 30, 2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike700 (Post 1336912161)

yup. it also doesn't help that windows likes to "park" cores on it's own which will also make some warmer than others

Treeckcold57 May 1, 2012 11:36 AM

After seeing everyone posted their nice case and a great cable management...I will post some pictures when I get a new 2nd build once when I move to NC completely...I just don't know when yet. :p

Dungeoncrawler May 1, 2012 08:43 PM

I have all my case fans running to the controller, having to use extenders I'm sorta in a mess about cable management. I think I'll keep the case fans on the mobo, and just run my rad and the exhaust fan off the controller. Btw, is the speed adjustable on the rez pump?

BababooeyHTJ May 1, 2012 08:58 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can throw it on the fan controller, I've done it with my H50.

shadow001 May 1, 2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336914019)
I have all my case fans running to the controller, having to use extenders I'm sorta in a mess about cable management. I think I'll keep the case fans on the mobo, and just run my rad and the exhaust fan off the controller. Btw, is the speed adjustable on the rez pump?

Carefull with that since the pump that may come with the kit you bought can use close to 20 watts of power, so plugging it into a CPU fan header is asking for trouble, as it's too much load compared to a fan motor.

There's this if you have an open drive bay, and works like a charm:

http://koolance.com/index.php?route=...roduct_id=1147

Or single pump versions like this:

http://koolance.com/index.php?route=...product_id=750

CurrentlyPissed May 15, 2012 10:24 PM

Changed out graphics cards. Went from 2x MSI 7950s for a Single Asus 680 CUII. TERA doesn't support CFX, and you get a heavy amount of negative scaling. So since that will be the only game I play for a bit, figured I needed to change things around.

How it looks naked, no cards in there... It's so weird.

Opening the New box of goodies.

I inserted her into my case.

Meteor_of_War May 15, 2012 11:05 PM

Beastly.

Meteor_of_War May 17, 2012 12:18 PM

Here's my new 670:

demo May 17, 2012 07:06 PM

Nice looking card, but you should have washed your hands before installing it :p

Meteor_of_War May 17, 2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demo (Post 1336927890)
Nice looking card, but you should have washed your hands before installing it :p

Oh FFS who gives a ****.:rolleyes:

demo May 17, 2012 07:09 PM

Me! Are you a mechanic? :p