Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

CurrentlyPissed Feb 2, 2019 01:04 AM

Not as fancy pantsy as some of yours, but some upgrades.







Megaman Feb 2, 2019 01:06 AM

Dat GPUs temps must be in the high side.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 2, 2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338116448)
Dat GPUs temps must be in the high side.

Actually not at all, loaded up benches, hasn't gone past 70c yet. The bottom fan really helps.

Megaman Feb 2, 2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1338116449)
Actually not at all, loaded up benches, hasn't gone past 70c yet. The bottom fan really helps.

Ambient temps are low in your room cos winter ATM?

CurrentlyPissed Feb 2, 2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338116450)
Ambient temps are low in your room cos winter ATM?

73 in the room atm. Again, there's 140mm fan pumping air right into the card right below it. Not that hard to believe. Here's a picture I took while running Shadow. Card is OCed +200 core +1000 memory too.

[IMG][/IMG]

CurrentlyPissed Feb 2, 2019 01:13 AM

Also card is about 2" away from the glass. There's also 3 140mm fans up front pumping intake in, and the 140mm below pumping in. (4 intake, 4 exhaust)

KAC Feb 2, 2019 09:02 PM

Very nice build.

Nunz Feb 3, 2019 09:22 PM

I really like that case. Very nice.

kingofslackerz Feb 4, 2019 09:39 PM

Been like 8 years, finally upgraded from my 2500k, woot!




Megaman Feb 4, 2019 10:09 PM

Fractal R6. Same as my build. I really need to take some pics of mine with a decent camera rather than a camera phone.

kingofslackerz Feb 5, 2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338117029)
Fractal R6. Same as my build. I really need to take some pics of mine with a decent camera rather than a camera phone.

Ya, I should have used the wife's pixel, must better shots, although I don't have much natural light in my office, so not sure it would matter.

Saw the R6, but got the S2 for around 100, couldn't pass it up. I love the look, it's clean as hell and had everything I wanted.

Shapeshifter Feb 7, 2019 08:50 PM








Pentium 133 mhz
64mb EDO 60 ns?
fujitsu 1.2gb 5400 rpm hdd
ethernet

Wanted a retro dos gamer machine but not take up a lot of space... It's tiny as hell especially for the time. 292 mm (width) × 224 mm (depth) × 72 mm (height), weighs about 2.5 kg

Just needs a sound card, has one ISA or PCI slot that can be used. Also probably a fan replacement as the current one is loud as hell. I suppose if I wanted more storage space I could replace the IDE hard drive with something else as it's only 1.2gb machine would run cooler then as well.

I'll shove a Pentium 200 I have into it at some point as well provided the motherboard can handle it. perhaps retrobright to make the plastic front cover look new as well.

Omega53 Feb 12, 2019 07:16 AM

^Time to OC and watercool that beast

Omega53 Feb 12, 2019 07:17 AM


0091/2 Feb 12, 2019 08:21 AM

What are the Alkaline Batteries for?

Omega53 Feb 12, 2019 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0091/2 (Post 1338118397)
What are the Alkaline Batteries for?

Xbox one controller.

Silent-Runner Feb 13, 2019 07:47 AM

holy dustmagnet-batman....

KAC Feb 13, 2019 08:46 AM

Nice build Omega!

Omega53 Feb 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338118642)
Nice build Omega!

Thanks! First open air build. Working with this case is so much easier.

VW_Factor Feb 13, 2019 07:06 PM

Need to get some braided PSU cables in white to really complete this, but this is currently on my desk.


KAC Feb 13, 2019 08:20 PM

That steel grill though.

demo Feb 14, 2019 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338118787)
That steel grill though.

I like it ^ Be better if the other fans had it too.

Nice case, wouldn't mind building an AMD rig in one.





And nice build omega.

aviphysics Feb 22, 2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338117596)







Pentium 133 mhz
64mb EDO 60 ns?
fujitsu 1.2gb 5400 rpm hdd
ethernet

Wanted a retro dos gamer machine but not take up a lot of space... It's tiny as hell especially for the time. 292 mm (width) 224 mm (depth) 72 mm (height), weighs about 2.5 kg

Just needs a sound card, has one ISA or PCI slot that can be used. Also probably a fan replacement as the current one is loud as hell. I suppose if I wanted more storage space I could replace the IDE hard drive with something else as it's only 1.2gb machine would run cooler then as well.

I'll shove a Pentium 200 I have into it at some point as well provided the motherboard can handle it. perhaps retrobright to make the plastic front cover look new as well.

Pentium 200 will be too fast for that low rider.

Shapeshifter Feb 23, 2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1338120565)
Pentium 200 will be too fast for that low rider.

It's not meant to use one as the officially highest supported cpu is the 166. But I was looking at the jumpers and there is an unlisted combo and what do you know, it gives the correct divider and the 200mhz works.

Wondering how well something like this would work in replacing the hard drive with something slightly larger cap wise.



Would save a ton of space too boot as well as cutting one of the larger parts that makes noise and heat in the tiny system.

Seyiji Feb 23, 2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338120650)
It's not meant to use one as the officially highest supported cpu is the 166. But I was looking at the jumpers and there is an unlisted combo and what do you know, it gives the correct divider and the 200mhz works.

Wondering how well something like this would work in replacing the hard drive with something slightly larger cap wise.



Would save a ton of space too boot as well as cutting one of the larger parts that makes noise and heat in the tiny system.

Needs more compact flash to ide adapter or SD card to ide if you're feeling frisky.

Shapeshifter Feb 23, 2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338120652)
Needs more compact flash to ide adapter or SD card to ide if you're feeling frisky.

They work fine for dos but if I ever want to install windows 95/98 on it apparently they can much more quickly trash the cards from the heavy use the OS puts on it.

Seyiji Feb 23, 2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338120658)
They work fine for dos but if I ever want to install windows 95/98 on it apparently they can much more quickly trash the cards from the heavy use the OS puts on it.

Hadn't heard about that will keep it in mind when I do my pokins.

Shapeshifter Feb 23, 2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seyiji (Post 1338120685)
Hadn't heard about that will keep it in mind when I do my pokins.

Just hearsay at this point I just have seen people repeat it as fact in a few places calming it has happened, no actual in depth testing or anything done by anyone.

Still I'm leaning towards the DoM due to it.

aviphysics Feb 26, 2019 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338120708)
Just hearsay at this point I just have seen people repeat it as fact in a few places calming it has happened, no actual in depth testing or anything done by anyone.

Still I'm leaning towards the DoM due to it.

It was an early problem experienced when using a USB flash drive for the swap file.

My brother burned through USB drives fast enough that they never ran out of the replacement warranty.

Modern SSD do wear leveling and reserve space to handle failures.

aviphysics Feb 26, 2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapeshifter (Post 1338120650)
It's not meant to use one as the officially highest supported cpu is the 166. But I was looking at the jumpers and there is an unlisted combo and what do you know, it gives the correct divider and the 200mhz works.

Wondering how well something like this would work in replacing the hard drive with something slightly larger cap wise.



Would save a ton of space too boot as well as cutting one of the larger parts that makes noise and heat in the tiny system.

What I meant is that it will be too fast for many classic DOS games.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com