Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

TriGGlety Mar 16, 2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genci88 (Post 1336526321)
There is a flower on your case. Not much you can do. :bleh:

Maybe spray some silver color to make it look like this:

Aaww Radioactive symbol.

Ooh maybe not ideal at this time.

eNforcer Mar 16, 2011 06:21 PM

Not much to look at, cable management isn't that great but the case isn't the best for that unless I drill some holes but I don't want to. It's the first generation P180.

Jerker desk that I'll probably never get rid of.

Here's inside the P180.. specs in my sig

Here's the guts of the Blue Dragon case
Specs are:
768mb SDRAM
Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.0 GHz
Hercules 3D Prophet III (Geforce 3 Ti500)
and no fans LOL

caveman-jim Mar 16, 2011 08:25 PM

:drool: a dragon case! had one of those, had my golden dragon mobo with athlon XP 2500+ M and a R9800SE unlocked to Pro. :)*

eNforcer Mar 16, 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman-jim (Post 1336526462)
:drool: a dragon case! had one of those, had my golden dragon mobo with athlon XP 2500+ M and a R9800SE unlocked to Pro. :)*

Sweet :)

I picked this Dragon case up just about a month ago. $50 got me the case, two Athlon XP's and two motherboards to match. Wasn't a bad deal :)

Case is damn tall :drool:

caveman-jim Mar 17, 2011 09:09 AM

yeah, I used mine as a desk. Put the monitor on top of it. :D

Mangler Mar 17, 2011 09:20 AM

I remember when almost everyone had one of those, or mid tower version that only had room for one psu.

Maybe that version also counts as a fulltower though.

Ristogod Mar 18, 2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1336526856)
I remember when almost everyone had one of those, or mid tower version that only had room for one psu.

Yep, I had one too.

Debello Mar 19, 2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UDHA (Post 1336464191)
Ok I found that the cooling in my Lian-Li PC60 wasn't coping well and was making too much noise for my liking.

Enter my new PC, finally complete in the new Corsair Graphite 600T :drool: First, the case with and without the side, top, and front panels:

-

Before starting:

All Finished:

Here is mine, with a crappy phone camara

Need to clean up the cables on the desk next now that I have it set up.

Ristogod Mar 19, 2011 06:32 PM

Got my Swiftech H20-220 Edge Liquid cooling kit installed.

Mangler Mar 19, 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ristogod (Post 1336529284)

Nice, you might want to install the optional fan that came with the motherboard since asus recommends it for people who watercools their cpu.

Ristogod Mar 20, 2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1336529371)
Nice, you might want to install the optional fan that came with the motherboard since asus recommends it for people who watercools their cpu.

That's true. I forgot about even having that.

andino Mar 21, 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Ok I found that the cooling in my Lian-Li PC60 wasn't coping well and was making too much noise for my liking.

Enter my new PC, finally complete in the new Corsair Graphite 600T :drool: First, the case with and without the side, top, and front panels:

-

Before starting:

All Finished:

I have the same case. It's a dream. I liked it so much that I bought the windowed side panel from them.

shadow001 Mar 27, 2011 12:37 AM

First picture of what's going to be a very long project....Worked most of the day today to get it done this far, and i've only worked on the motherboard itself...:lol:

I gotta admit it was a massive pain in the ass to install that motherboard water block, but it's done now thogh there's still the second CPU water block and a couple of fittings to deal with...

nycdarkness Mar 27, 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336536505)
First picture of what's going to be a very long project....Worked most of the day today to get it done this far, and i've only worked on the motherboard itself...:lol:

I gotta admit it was a massive pain in the ass to install that motherboard water block, but it's done now thogh there's still the second CPU water block and a couple of fittings to deal with...

What case are you using for that monstrosity. The Mountain mods case?

shadow001 Mar 27, 2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1336536753)
What case are you using for that monstrosity. The Mountain mods case?

Lian LI V2120x....All black edition(inside and out) and it's an HPTX case right off the bat, so there's no modifications and the case looks amazing....They pretty much thought of everything and the fit and finish is top notch,all aluminum of course, but it is 450$ for the case alone so not much cheaper than a mountain mods case once one starts packing the options(at least the smaller cases)...

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...dex=138&g=spec

Here's another pictuure with it fitted on the motherboard tray:

nycdarkness Mar 27, 2011 12:57 PM

See your assembling quite the monster there. Always wanted to do a dual cpu build myself. What procs are you running?

shadow001 Mar 27, 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1336536855)
See your assembling quite the monster there. Always wanted to do a dual cpu build myself. What procs are you running?

Xeon X5650's, wich are 6 core/12 thread processors, so the system will have 12 physical cores and can handle 24 threads,using 24 GB or corsair dominator GT DDR 3 2000, and they'll hopefully be running in the 4 Ghz ballpark...It's the only dual socket motherboard that supports overclocking.

It'll also have 3 GTX580's in triple SLI and a pair of OCZ vertex 3 240 GB SSD's in raid 0

Greasy Mar 27, 2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336536868)
Xeon X5650's, wich are 6 core/12 thread processors, so the system will have 12 physical cores and can handle 24 threads,using 24 GB or corsair dominator GT DDR 3 2000, and they'll hopefully be running in the 4 Ghz ballpark...It's the only dual socket motherboard that supports overclocking.

It'll also have 3 GTX580's in triple SLI and a pair of OCZ vertex 3 240 GB SSD's in raid 0

That's insane! :drool:

nycdarkness Mar 27, 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336536868)

Can't wait to see the final product.

shadow001 Mar 27, 2011 10:40 PM

One more picture coming up, this time with both CPU blocks installed(had to modify one of them to fit),the cooling circuit completed at the motherboard level, 24 GB of ram installed and 3 GTX580's as well as an ASUS Xonar sound card installed....There's not much left to do at the motherboard level execept set jumpers as to what i want enabled or disabled.

I start working on the radiator and PSU wire routing tomorrow.....:D

caveman-jim Mar 28, 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VF- (Post 1336472260)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336537305)

Somebody needs a new camera... or time to learn about focus/stands :p

nycdarkness Mar 28, 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

One more picture coming up, this time with both CPU blocks installed(had to modify one of them to fit),the cooling circuit completed at the motherboard level, 24 GB of ram installed and 3 GTX580's as well as an ASUS Xonar sound card installed....There's not much left to do at the motherboard level execept set jumpers as to what i want enabled or disabled.

No Gpu water cooling?

shadow001 Mar 28, 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman-jim (Post 1336537611)

It's a cell phone that too the pictures....:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1336537634)
No Gpu water cooling?

The loop for the eventual GPU water cooling will be done with the next generation cards made at 28nm, and besides i need to do some more research on how to pull it off as i want it on a seperate loop with it's own radiator\pump\reservoir, and want nothing mounted on the outside of the case itself....It looks so good that having a radiator mounted externally would ruin the visuals.;)

Ristogod Mar 28, 2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

How is it you can afford like $10K in hardware, but not a decent camera to take a picture of it?

Progression Mar 28, 2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ristogod (Post 1336537856)
How is it you can afford like $10K in hardware, but not a decent camera to take a picture of it?

Well to be fair, that's not 10k. :p

shadow001 Mar 28, 2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ristogod (Post 1336537856)

I'll use a better camera once i have it all done....This is more of a worklog style of my progression as the days goes on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrygian (Post 1336538096)
Well to be fair, that's not 10k. :p

It'll be about 7500$ once it's all assembled...:D

On that note, it's progessed quite a bit, as i i've gone to the initial fittment in the case, including the top mounted radiator and modifications required will be detailed as it wasn't easy an had to make every milimeter count....Here goes:

Overall view of how everything is looking and it's easy to note that the top radiator is extremely close to one of the CPU's memory slots and since the last picture, the water flow path has changed to make the tubing more simplified overall,as well as adding a drain port at the lowest point that i have access to within the loop.

View of the top section ,and i'm not out of the woods here, as hole needs to be drilled just behind where you see that little flip up panel with the USB,ESATA and sound jacks, that also lines up with the fill port that's built into the radiator itself....Serious mesuring with precision required here, and i need to get more screws that hold up the radiator itself,since the ones that comes with the kit are too short given the thickness of the case's top panel...

Here is where you see just how close the motherboard is to the blueray drives, wich like lian-li noted, involves removing a fan where the IDE and ATX power conectors on the motherboard is, but unlike they didn't note,also the brace behind that fan and the 3.5 inch adapter that's fitted to the lower pair of 5 1/4 inch drive bays....Basically LiAN- LI certifies it as an HPTX case, but there's a few adjustments involved they don't mention at all...:rolleyes:

Given that the case has a removable motherboard tray though, i was able to gradually push the motherboard forward and check/remove clearance issues along the way....It also shows a better view of the drain port itself.

Sasquach Mar 28, 2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman-jim (Post 1336537611)

Turn off the SSAA or nvidias Quincunx......

Progression Mar 28, 2011 05:43 PM

Shadow, I most definitely envy your setup. :drool:

shadow001 Mar 28, 2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrygian (Post 1336538259)
Shadow, I most definitely envy your setup. :drool:

Thanks....

Tomorrow i got to make a trip to the local home renovation center and pick up some extra bolts for the radiator, and a 1" bimetal hole saw to drill the fill port hole on the top of the case, as i got the exact mesurements supplied at swiftech's site with the use of their PDF's, so i know the exact location where to drill right down to the milimeter...No trial and error here.:D

Once that's done i'll prepare the cooling fluid, fill up the system and use a seperate power supply where only the radiator pump will be powered up, in order to bleed the cooling loop and use lots of tissue paper around all the fittings to check for leaks....As an extra precaution,i'll use non conductive cooling fluid just the same, and the system will be running for at least 24 hours like that, and i check for green spots on the tissue paper(the color of the coolant)....Sticks out like a sore thumb if it does leak.

If everything is ok there, then i install the actual power supply for the entire system and work on the wiring(make it look nice and neat), and install the storage(SSD's and hardrives)....Taking this step by step even if it takes the entire week.

And i haven't even started the software install,patches and configuration or overclocking part for that matter....That might take another week or 2 alone.:lol:

caveman-jim Mar 28, 2011 10:59 PM

measure twice, cut once! :D