Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quitters Will Be Terminated Fantasy Football... (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33922442)

Guybo May 4, 2008 06:43 AM

Quitters Will Be Terminated Fantasy Football...

QWBT is a fantasy football league which is entering season #6. We have a rookie draft, a keepers system, live draft and we are very serious about managers not quitting the league even if they have a team that sucks and they are out of it- we have created a fantasy football league around the concept of looking long term and staying with the league.

We start so early because soon we are having our Rookie Draft.

If you are interested, PM me. Also bear in mind, if you get picked for QWBT, you are trapped for an entire season. I need a personal email address and home phone number in case anything happens and you cannot set up your team or whatever. The league demands attention on your part, as the seasons of 11 other managers (both female and male) depends on you doing your little part (in other words- show up to the live draft, and set your lineups every week). It's not like you are going to spend hours and hours with the league, but it is important to the entire league that everyone sticks with the league for the season. This is why QWBT is different from other leagues you've been in.

PM me.

Guybo May 6, 2008 08:00 AM

No one here plays fantasy football?

Cowzrul May 6, 2008 08:07 AM

95% of the people here don't even watch football. And I can't be arsed to play fantasy sports, because it takes too much time.

Bamboozled May 6, 2008 08:16 AM

Any $$?

I prefer money leagues- it keeps the owners involved.

How many flakes do you usually have? I might be interested, but not if anyones starting RB is on their by-week:mad:

Guybo May 8, 2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

I prefer money leagues- it keeps the owners involved.
This is a fallacy. The managers' own dedication keeps owners involved and nothing else. I have been in plenty of free leagues and money leagues and the only league I have ever been in where managers stayed with the league have been free. Why? Because my selection process is based entirely on picking managers with dedication.

Money in fantasy football leagues does not guarantee anything.

Crowichi- PM me. I need to know your history in fantasy football, whether you've ever completed an entire season, and some more about you. Also, if you get selected, you need to provide your email address and phone number. The phone # is in case you cannot keep up your team for whatever reason- I will call you up and as the commish I can edit your team over the phone.

I just realized that you are in Australia..... you do realize this is American Football right? Not soccer. If you have access to watching American Football I don't mind letting in an Aussie, but if you have no way of watching the sport, I cannot let you in. We tried this once before with a Brit and he was lost because you can't keep up with a sport you can't even watch.