Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Xion X2 Feb 21, 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound_Card (Post 1336848769)
nice rigs to the both.

Thanks, Sound_Card.

VW_Factor Feb 21, 2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion X2 (Post 1336848775)
Shadow, the air compressor for cleaning out dust is an excellent idea. These cans of compressed air are way too expensive.

Wait wut?

Meteor_of_War Feb 21, 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1336848790)
Wait wut?

Yeah that's nuts.

One can of that stuff lasts me an entire year.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 21, 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1336848821)
Yeah that's nuts.

Not me, usually need 2 cans. But I am extremely anal with it.

Greasy Feb 21, 2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Wait wut?

Those cans of compressed air don't do much for cleaning out a res. I use them for basic cleanup, but I bust out the air compressor every few months to clean out the fins in the res. ;)

Sazar Feb 21, 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336848824)
Not me, usually need 2 cans. But I am extremely anal with it.

I bet you are :bleh:

Sazar Feb 21, 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336848576)
Everything is included in the kit....

If you were to put the kit outside your case, at the back, is there enough clearance to still have your USB and video card cables and stuff?

The Swiftech site doesn't give me much idea about clearances and I am not sure I can get one of their kits to fit in my Corsair 500R, except on the back or the top. :(

Your case is looking sweet :D When's the next upgrade :bleh:

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 07:54 PM

Final pictures incoming:

System is fully assembled with everything connected(i hope), and ready for the first full power up of the entire system.

Shows the plumbing for the cards more clearly.

I really need to replace that blue hose once i flush the CPU loop sometime in the future...:lol:

The top fillport for the larger of the 2 radiators used for the CPU loop, wich i had to drill the hole to the exact location where the built in reservoir is located on the radiator.

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1336848855)
If you were to put the kit outside your case, at the back, is there enough clearance to still have your USB and video card cables and stuff?

The Swiftech site doesn't give me much idea about clearances and I am not sure I can get one of their kits to fit in my Corsair 500R, except on the back or the top. :(

Your case is looking sweet :D When's the next upgrade :bleh:

The adapter is adjustable both horizontally and vertically, so it can clear the I/O back panel quite easily and can be bolted to any of the 3 fan locations on the radiator itself....I just did it the painfull way by wanting everything internally...:lol:

Edit: Upgrade to what exactly?....There isn't anything much faster than this for the time being...:lol:

Sazar Feb 21, 2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336848863)
The adapter is adjustable both horizontally and vertically, so it can clear the I/O back panel quite easily and can be bolted to any of the 3 fan locations on the radiator itself....I just did it the painfull way by wanting everything internally...:lol:

I bet you did :bleh:

Cool, I just returned my H80 because apparently it's hit or miss to find one where the pump is not whining with a high pitched noise :cry:

Sad because it cooled like a champ.

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1336848865)
I bet you did :bleh:

Cool, I just returned my H80 because apparently it's hit or miss to find one where the pump is not whining with a high pitched noise :cry:

Sad because it cooled like a champ.

The pump on the swiftech kit is PWM controled so you can plug it in a CPU fan header and it'll automatically change the pump RMP depending on the temperature that the CPU is reporting, but even at full RPM it isn't noisy and the cooling fans will make more noise depending on their RPM anyhow.

Sazar Feb 21, 2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336848868)
The pump on the swiftech kit is PWM controled so you can plug it in a CPU fan header and it'll automatically change the pump RMP depending on the temperature that the CPU is reporting, but even at full RPM it isn't noisy and the cooling fans will make more noise depending on their RPM anyhow.

Given that I have a mid-tower, I was looking at this:

http://www.swiftech.com/H2O-x20-Edge-HD.aspx

Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1336848870)
Given that I have a mid-tower, I was looking at this:

http://www.swiftech.com/H2O-x20-Edge-HD.aspx

Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

It's more than enough if only cooling a single CPU.

Xion X2 Feb 21, 2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Yeah that's nuts.

I don't know what sized cans you guys are using, but I've used this one I just bought twice and it's already half empty.

I take lots of photos so usually spray it out once a week. And the cans are like 6$/apiece here.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 21, 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336848875)
It's more than enough if only cooling a single CPU.

You know it actually comes with the MP35X too, so can easily take on a radiator and cool a whole bunch more.

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336848911)
You know it actually comes with the MP35X too, so can easily take on a radiator and cool a whole bunch more.

True, the pump is pretty good on that kit and you can add another block for the motherboard or ram or even a second radiator in series.

Anyhow the beast is now plugged in and everything seems to be working just fine with a huge amount of water flow on the GPU loop with those 3 pumps, so i might connect the PWM headers on the bottom pumps to the touch screen fan controler as it has 2 headers available....They're MP35x pumps too btw.

Xion X2 Feb 21, 2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1336848571)
Xion where did you get the cf bridge or is it an overlay.

Bought it off some guy on ebay.

shadow001 Feb 21, 2012 11:32 PM

I can connect them to the CPU fan headers on the motherboard, and use the speed fan utility to slow them down, since i'm not sure the fan controler is meant to handle water pump motors in that way as unlike a fan, the power for the water pump motors comes straight from the PSU directly, not the fan controler itself.

Sound_Card Feb 21, 2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Wait wut?

it works.

Sound_Card Feb 21, 2012 11:47 PM

My rig before...

My rig now...

-Running intel SRT mode with 2TB 5900rpm drive and 64GB M4
-Moved all drives to the floppy and 5.25 bays, removed HDD cage for improved airflow
-removed stock case fans for Notcua's for better intake
-push pull config for the Corsair H60 with the Noctua's
-was able to optimizing cabling for better airflow (removed two cables I don't need anymore and rearranged others...)
-added Recon3D sound card
-Filco tenkeyless blue cherry MX keyboard

Bought a couple brackets to pull it off, and saved me $200 from buying and shipping a case. I'm proud of how it turned out. :drool:

CurrentlyPissed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 AM

Why two bridge cables? That would drive me crazy having 2 of those ugly ass things. I can barely stand one.

Roadhog Feb 22, 2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336849015)
Why two bridge cables? That would drive me crazy having 2 of those ugly ass things. I can barely stand one.

That's because you're only supposed to use one. Using two can cause problems and performance decreases.

demo Feb 22, 2012 01:51 AM

Thats true, I've also seen minor artifacts when using 2.

VW_Factor Feb 22, 2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Yeah that's nuts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1336848840)
Those cans of compressed air don't do much for cleaning out a res. I use them for basic cleanup, but I bust out the air compressor every few months to clean out the fins in the res. ;)

I simply meant my comment with surprise. Like using an air compressor instead of "canned air" was a new idea or something.

Some people have been doing that since like, forever.

Edit : I guess I should add as well, that I am easily amused around here lately, especially with silly comments like.. He'd never thought about investing in even a small compressor.

Sound_Card Feb 22, 2012 05:25 AM

I never had any issues with using two bridge cables. I read both that some had issues and others it helps... I don't really think it matters too much. I just like it.

caveman-jim Feb 22, 2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog_ (Post 1336849052)
That's because you're only supposed to use one. Using two can cause problems and performance decreases.

citation needed

Sound_Card Feb 22, 2012 02:32 PM

The GPU's run A LOT cooler now. 10c cooler under heavy skyrim load. No cage or SSD/HDD's blocking direct airflow anymore. As well as much better fans that push way more air than the stock lian li fans. I felt the back of the case while after one hour of skyrim, and it was safely warm. Where as before, it was blistering hot, perhaps could of gotten a 1st degree burn keeping it there more than 10 seconds that hot.

Meteor_of_War Feb 22, 2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound_Card (Post 1336849593)
The GPU's run A LOT cooler now. 10c cooler under heavy skyrim load. No cage or SSD/HDD's blocking direct airflow anymore. As well as much better fans that push way more air than the stock lian li fans. I felt the back of the case while after one hour of skyrim, and it was safely warm. Where as before, it was blistering hot, perhaps could of gotten a 1st degree burn keeping it there more than 10 seconds that hot.

Yeah I would think the way you had your SSD mounted before would block a serious amount of air flow from the front intake fan.

Xion X2 Feb 22, 2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1336849072)
I simply meant my comment with surprise. Like using an air compressor instead of "canned air" was a new idea or something.

Some people have been doing that since like, forever.

Edit : I guess I should add as well, that I am easily amused around here lately, especially with silly comments like.. He'd never thought about investing in even a small compressor.

I'm amused that you find the above amusing.

You must be amused many times a day. I also find that amusing.

junglist1996 Feb 23, 2012 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336846892)
The beast has awoken, but not quite ready yet as i have more wiring work to do, still it took me amost 3 days of work to get it to this point, wich included a lot of mesuring and modding to simply be able to fit everything....Pictures come first:

The 4 HD7970's, water cooled and ready to rock.....:D

2 extra punps besides the one already built into the reservoir itself located on a 5 1/4 bay, so that makes 3 pumps not just for extra flow but also redundancy.

The modifed radiator sandwich this time with 5 fans and i replaced a pair of 120mm by a pair of 140 mm that have high static pressure, and also the flow is improved because i removed some 90* fittngs.

It's bled and still got some detailing work to do on the harness, but the brunt of the work is done.....I'll post a final picture once it's all really finished and nice and clean.

Hi Shadow, that's one hell of a beast! :up:

If you don't mind answering, I've got some questions for you.

1. How much cooling capacity do you have for the quad 7970 loop?
2. Do you think a 4x140mm (560mm) rad is good enough for say tri 7970 in a single loop?
3. Does the last 7970 in your loop get a lot hotter than the other 3?