Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

shadow001 Aug 9, 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullet (Post 1337008017)
Shadow we are gonna need more pics.!.!.!

Only thing i could do is take a picture of the system alongside the three 27" screens in eyefinity....:)

mullet Aug 9, 2012 08:29 PM

Get on it!!!!!!

shadow001 Aug 9, 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mullet (Post 1337008052)
Get on it!!!!!!

First thing tomorrow morning then....Still doing updates drivers wise, and in windows itself and in some games.

Greasy Aug 9, 2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337007922)
Why the hell do you need three laing D5s for just four cards in parallel? Couldn't you run that whole rig with just one D5 strong or an mcp35x2? Hell a couple of varios in series could probably pull it off too.

That's overkill to the max. :yep:

shadow001 Aug 9, 2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1337008064)
That's overkill to the max. :yep:

Goes nicely with the rest of the system being total overkill, and it's 3 1440p screens....:lol: :p

Like you once said, i am a hardware enthusiast and will die a hardware enthusiast...:D

bill dennison Aug 9, 2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1337008016)
Just for redundancy should any single pump fail.....In any case i have a huge smile on my face since i'm already using the system right now, as i was under the impression that i'd have to redo the raid 0 setup and with that, go to the trouble of reinstalling all the software over the next several days, but no the raid controler detected the drives properly and i setup the boot options and windows booted right away as if nothing had happened....:lol:

hmm you have 3 pumps in parallel for redundancy ?

i have my two d5's in series and when one stops flow is just reduced

with parallel you can get it flowing through the dead pump and not much to system

shadow001 Aug 9, 2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1337008096)
hmm you have 3 pumps in parallel for redundancy ?

i have my two d5's in series and when one stops flow is just reduced

with parallel you can get it flowing through the dead pump and not much to system

Didn't notice he mentioned in parallel actually, they're in series with my setup too...

slaWter Aug 10, 2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek & Destroy (Post 1337007884)
I haven't had the chance to clean up the cables yet but you get the idea.

Xigmatek Praeton low profile ^

This is my first time using ASRock and so far so good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ck%20z77%20itx

Note: I may or may not have been nude while taking these pics.

Thanks for the photos!

So the cube form is mainly there to fit a normal ATX PSU. I thought it might be to somehow fit a full profile PCIe card.

It's a nice form factor for a desktop but a weird one for a HTPC for example.

BababooeyHTJ Aug 10, 2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1337008126)
Didn't notice he mentioned in parallel actually, they're in series with my setup too...

I was talking about the video cards being in parallel since they aren't really all that restrictive.

shadow001 Aug 10, 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337008299)
I was talking about the video cards being in parallel since they aren't really all that restrictive.

Less restrictive flow is acheived this way, and the heat generated from one card doesn't transfer to the other card like it would in series, since all cards receive cold water at the same time, and exit warmer water at the same time in a parallel setup.

Anyhow, one last picture, though the lighting isn't very good as it's shitty weather outside.

Yes, the case is wider than my chair or the monitors....:lol:

Zero Aug 10, 2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** (Post 1337007923)
Nothing special as its cost effective but clean and efficient. I could be cleaner with the cables but meh...

Nice! I have the same case and it's awesome (picked up for $60, can't complain). Well ok I can complain, my mobo's SATA ports don't really match up with the cable management holes. But it's hardly the case's fault.

Nice clean build.

Roadhog Aug 10, 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1337008492)
Less restrictive flow is acheived this way, and the heat generated from one card doesn't transfer to the other card like it would in series, since all cards receive cold water at the same time, and exit warmer water at the same time in a parallel setup.

Anyhow, one last picture, though the lighting isn't very good as it's shitty weather outside.

Loop temperatures are the same throughout.

demo Aug 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Yeh I thought water temp quickly stabilizes throughout the loop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek & Destroy (Post 1337006831)
I put together a cute little secondary PC today.

Lian Li PC-Q02A mini ITX
i5 3570K
8GB Corsair Vengeance
ASRock Z77E-ITX
Intel 80GB X-25M G2

Fast little beast. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek & Destroy (Post 1337007884)
I haven't had the chance to clean up the cables yet but you get the idea.

Xigmatek Praeton low profile ^

This is my first time using ASRock and so far so good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ck%20z77%20itx

Note: I may or may not have been nude while taking these pics.

That is a cool build :drool:

BababooeyHTJ Aug 10, 2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Yes, less restrictive flow is achieved this way meaning it really doesn't need to be on its own loop. Doesn't a couple of pumps in series also make up for lost head pressure? Having a single loop would have looked cleaner and might have netted you better temps.

Also water temp doesn't vary much through out an effective loop from what I've heard.

Roadhog Aug 10, 2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337008779)
Yes, less restrictive flow is achieved this way meaning it really doesn't need to be on its own loop. Doesn't a couple of pumps in series also make up for lost head pressure? Having a single loop would have looked cleaner and might have netted you better temps.

Also water temp doesn't vary much through out an effective loop from what I've heard.

It's a closed loop so there is no head pressure.

Sazar Aug 10, 2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Why in the world do you not have a mechanical keyboard :runaway:

If too loud, get some o-rings and reduce key travel at the same time :bleh:

Btw, per the grapevine, Logitech should have mechanical keyboards being released soon (like October) :drool:

shadow001 Aug 10, 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog_ (Post 1337008621)
Loop temperatures are the same throughout.

Maybe so, but it's still less restrictive this way and frankly, with the amount of money already spent on the setup, it isn't 3 extra extensions between each card, worth about 30$, that's going to break the bank....:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337008779)

Cleaner with a single loop?.....Perhaps, but it would mean dealing with much shorter tubing lenghts overall, wich would also be making tighter radius turns with a higher possibility of kinking the tubes, and being a bigger pain to work the tubing into those tighter turns, and i don't really like the use of those spiral coils on the tubing.

I like the fact that each one has it's own loop with their own pumps and powered by a seperate power supply, so unless the power goes completely out due to external factors, there's no chance of a single failure affecting the entire cooling loop.....One or the other might be affected, but not both at the same time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1337008955)

Btw, per the grapevine, Logitech should have mechanical keyboards being released soon (like October) :drool:

Funny you should mention it, a friend of mine got one of those razor mechanical keyboards last week and it failed 4 days later with one of the keys stopped working and he took it apart and couldn't get that key to work no matter what he tried....:lol:

BababooeyHTJ Aug 10, 2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1337008955)

About damn time that they catch on. Although I doubt that I'm going to be replacing my $60 Rosewill anytime soon. ;)

shadow001 Aug 10, 2012 09:10 PM

Been doing reference baseline temperature checking with the CPU's overclocked to 4 Ghz and trying out various games and the load temperature, even though the room where the PC is in is at 28*C, doesn't exceed 50*C on the hottest core( the others run cooler).

Even more impressive are the GPU temps, wich at stock clocks and again playing games that i have, don't exceed 45*C, so it's looking good once i overclock them as i'm doubting they'll even hit 60*C under load...

Fans and pumps at 50% on both loops so the system is barely audible, and plenty of cooling power left in reserve if going for an all out overclock(crank everything up), or leaving the system under load for long periods of time without supervision(Me going to bed).

BababooeyHTJ Aug 10, 2012 09:13 PM

How are the vrm temps with those blocks? I just picked up a couple and am wondering what to expect. You can monitor them with HWinfo64.

shadow001 Aug 10, 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337009099)
How are the vrm temps with those blocks? I just picked up a couple and am wondering what to expect. You can monitor them with HWinfo64.

I'll install the utility this weekend and let you know on the VRM side of things.

EDIT: I'll try it now and with the heaven benchmark demo on the single middle screen while the utilities are on the side screens...

shadow001 Aug 10, 2012 09:44 PM

Did 4 passes of heaven at 2560*1440,8x AA and 16x AF and extreme tesselation, and the results are as follows:

GPU's leveled at 48*C and VRM's leveled at 54~56*C between all 4 cards at the end of the 4th pass(took a while to get there), and again room temperature at 28*C and pump and fan controls at 50%, so expect lower figures if i cranked it up.

Ristogod Aug 10, 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1337009043)
Funny you should mention it, a friend of mine got one of those razor mechanical keyboards last week and it failed 4 days later with one of the keys stopped working and he took it apart and couldn't get that key to work no matter what he tried....:lol:

Rule 1. Don't buy Razer.

Mechanical keyboards are so worth it. I have a Coolermaster Storm Trigger. It's absolutely fantastic.

aviphysics Aug 11, 2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

This also can be a problem. If somehow a restriction develops in one of the cards, you wouldn't really notice until the card overheated. If they are in series, the flow will slow down and you will be able to notice right away. If the flow rate is high enough, it shouldn't matter if the last card is getting sloppy 4ths.

BababooeyHTJ Aug 11, 2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1337009124)
Did 4 passes of heaven at 2560*1440,8x AA and 16x AF and extreme tesselation, and the results are as follows:

GPU's leveled at 48*C and VRM's leveled at 54~56*C between all 4 cards at the end of the 4th pass(took a while to get there), and again room temperature at 28*C and pump and fan controls at 50%, so expect lower figures if i cranked it up.

Thanks, if thats at 1200mhz then that is really good. What core voltage are you running?

BababooeyHTJ Aug 11, 2012 10:06 AM

Well, I just installed my new Koolance blocks and the new motherboard and am bleeding the loop now. It looks a lot cleaner than it did before. So if all goes well I'll get to see how the temps are with my cards. I'll post a couple of pics later.

Oh, it really is pretty crappy of koolance to not include any screws for around the gpu. I have a non reference card which didn't come with a backplate so the screws were too long. Thankfully I had some rubber washers lying around from my HR-03 bracket.

shadow001 Aug 11, 2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1337009219)
This also can be a problem. If somehow a restriction develops in one of the cards, you wouldn't really notice until the card overheated. If they are in series, the flow will slow down and you will be able to notice right away. If the flow rate is high enough, it shouldn't matter if the last card is getting sloppy 4ths.

Hence why i've been monitoring the temps of both the GPU's and the VRM's and there's hardly any difference between the 4 cards even after putting them under load for over 30 mins running heaven non stop....We're talking 2~3*C differences here, so it's nice and even between all 4 and i can only imagine if i cranked the pump and fan speeds to max, but i don't want the system sounding like a vacuum cleaner...:lol:

shadow001 Aug 11, 2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337009292)
Thanks, if thats at 1200mhz then that is really good. What core voltage are you running?

0.030v higher than stock on all 4 to keep it even.

shadow001 Aug 11, 2012 11:08 AM

To keep any confusion out of this, the earlier heaven benchmark runs were run at stock, fans and pumps at 50%, and the temperatures were:

GPU's averaging 48*C( across all 4).
VRM's averaging 54-56*C across all 4 cards.
Voltage for the GPU's at 1.170mv(stock basically).
Clocks at 925/1375 Mhz( core/memory).

The run i did just now was with the cards overclocked and fans/pumps set at the same 50% of their max as the stock run, and the results were:

GPU's reaching a peak of 54*C across all 4 GPU's.
VRM's at 64*C across all 4 as well.
Voltage for the GPU's at 1.200mv(+ 0.030 volts).
Clocks at 1125/1575Mhz( core/memory).

No graphical anomalies detected and it seems like the cards couldd run this endlessly at the overclocked settings without issues, so the cooling handles this just fine and can handle way more....The question is, how much more do i push it...:evil:

BababooeyHTJ Aug 11, 2012 11:37 AM

Nice I'm just hoping to be able to pull off 1.2v with the vrms at a comfortable temp. The pos xspc block that I had couldn't do that.