Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Dave Dec 16, 2013 02:34 PM

looking good. (fix the graphics card leaning though)

Ego Dec 16, 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1337403460)
looking good. (fix the graphics card leaning though)

I have no idea why it sits like this :confused:
The power cables don't pull it down, that's its default position, and it was the same in the old case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1337403457)
Cables don't look too bad.

Just route that 8-pin power connector behind the motherboard tray, though looks like you might need an extension cable to do so. Although, it would just be for looks so probably not even worth doing.

Thanks !
The 8-pin connector is too short, so I'll probably grab an extension when I buy some extra fans for the top and bottom exhausts.

Here's a few better quality pictures, kinda:

Ristogod Dec 16, 2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1337401581)
Show the other side too.:)

Next time it's out I'll take that pic. Only thing impressive about that will be the number of cables shoved into a small area.

_TiTaNiuM Dec 24, 2013 08:33 PM

Redeemed Dec 25, 2013 12:42 AM

Nice Tits! :up:

:bleh:

t0adp1p3 Dec 25, 2013 05:12 AM

That is a really nice setup titanium. After a few minutes of playing a game do you get used to the bezels. I'd always thought that would be the case.

_TiTaNiuM Dec 25, 2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 (Post 1337409218)
That is a really nice setup titanium. After a few minutes of playing a game do you get used to the bezels. I'd always thought that would be the case.

yeah they don't really get in the way, they do keep you a bit seperated and focusing on "center" which isn't so bad. sometimes you look to your left or right and then realize you've not been looking ahead for 5-10 seconds and that's never good lol.

The peripherals are awesome though, can't tell you how advantageous that is when flying in BF, or anything in BF really, I catch people out of the corners of my eye where I would have to have my FOV at like 120 or better to have seen them.

If you ever consider doing it, I highly recommend getting a proper stand, I got an ergotech 3x1 stand. It's not meant to be mounted to anything byt I had an easy enough time taking the huge baseplate off it and bolting it directly to my desk with some hardware from lowes. The stand cost almost as much as a monitor but at the same time, I would never have been able to fit this on my workspace without it. the two side displays are pushed back further against the wall than a regular stand would have ever allowed, also it frees up so much space UNDER the monitors you never realize you didn't have until they're just free-floating there.

CurrentlyPissed Dec 25, 2013 09:52 AM

Bezels are a pita for the first few weeks. But until someone mentions them, I tend to forget about them.

demo Dec 26, 2013 12:30 AM

I honestly tried for a few weeks but couldn't get past them, they annoy the hell out of me. The side screens are stretched and distorted and a waste of performance too imho. I feel 21:9 is better for gaming whilst still giving you a much wider view than 16:9 or 16:10.

That said, it's still a very nice set up titanium and I'm sure I could have a lot of fun with it. :)

logical Dec 26, 2013 01:19 AM

Indeed, I have played extensively on a triple monitor setup(3x23 120hz) and I couldnt get over the bezels. For competitive gaming or any FPS game you are trying to kill things its a bit too much. For a game like batman where you dont have to worry about the sides it works out nicely. The 2 side monitors are like extra fluff.

The 29 inch 21:9 is nice buts its physical dimensions are too far for me. I think the best compromise is going to be that 34 inch 21:9 monitor thats rumored to be coming out soon will be nice.

_TiTaNiuM Dec 26, 2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1337409694)
Indeed, I have played extensively on a triple monitor setup(3x23 120hz) and I couldnt get over the bezels. For competitive gaming or any FPS game you are trying to kill things its a bit too much. For a game like batman where you dont have to worry about the sides it works out nicely. The 2 side monitors are like extra fluff.

The 29 inch 21:9 is nice buts its physical dimensions are too far for me. I think the best compromise is going to be that 34 inch 21:9 monitor thats rumored to be coming out soon will be nice.

Sometimes it can be a little distracting for competitive gaming, but it does give me an edge over someone with a single monitor FOV. You catch things in the corner of your eye.
I think there's a common misconception about playing on triple-wide where you'd think you're using all three displays simultaneously like some sort of VR environment, looking left and right as you move about. That's really not the case. You are almost entirely focusing on the center screen like any other game, you just have additional visual information in that traditional deadspace which would be "outside the box"

I don't find myself looking left or right often at all, but it adds tons to immersion, increases my peripherals by large amounts, and even when not gaming, 3 monitors are naicceeee.
Afte using multi displays (two) for years, I don't think I could have a PC without at least a second display. It just gives you so much more extra functionality you wouldn't normally expect until you actually try it. Windows always tried to bake that stuff in from day one with tabs and the taskbar and ****, but it's so nice to have a giant desktop and being able to have all these different things open at once and merely need glance at them instead of tabbing around.

logical Dec 26, 2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM (Post 1337409783)
That's really not the case. You are almost entirely focusing on the center screen like any other game, you just have additional visual information in that traditional deadspace which would be "outside the box"

I don't find myself looking left or right often at all, but it adds tons to immersion, increases my peripherals by large amounts, and even when not gaming, 3 monitors are naicceeee.

Afte using multi displays (two) for years, I don't think I could have a PC without at least a second display. It just gives you so much more extra functionality you wouldn't normally expect until you actually try it. Windows always tried to bake that stuff in from day one with tabs and the taskbar and ****, but it's so nice to have a giant desktop and being able to have all these different things open at once and merely need glance at them instead of tabbing around.

Thats exactly how I felt playing with a triple monitor setup. Main focus is always on the main screen and because of this the 2 other screens are fluff. In a single player game like Batman the fluff is cool. But in a game like battlefield its way too distracting IMO.

I have been using multi monitor (desktop) for a long time as well and Id never go back either. One monitor is way too restricting especially if you are doing work that requires you to look back and forth between things.

andino Dec 27, 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM (Post 1337409783)
Sometimes it can be a little distracting for competitive gaming, but it does give me an edge over someone with a single monitor FOV. You catch things in the corner of your eye.
I think there's a common misconception about playing on triple-wide where you'd think you're using all three displays simultaneously like some sort of VR environment, looking left and right as you move about. That's really not the case. You are almost entirely focusing on the center screen like any other game, you just have additional visual information in that traditional deadspace which would be "outside the box"

Triple monitors with TrackIR.... FTW

WyreTheWolf Jan 25, 2014 05:14 AM

CurrentlyPissed Jan 25, 2014 11:24 PM

Added a 280x to the 3rd PC to mine while it sits there.

Without the card

Sys specs

AMD 6800K @ 4.4Ghz
MSI ITX Board, forget which model
2x4GB Corsair GT 2000Mhz Ram
128GB Samsung Pro
1TB Seagate Barracuda
Corsair H80
XFX 280X DD @ 1150c/1800m
Bitfenix Prodigy Case

KAC Jan 28, 2014 05:41 AM

Looks tight.

Payne3d Jan 28, 2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyreTheWolf (Post 1337428120)

Is this the fancy Silverstone case? FT something or other?

dreamwalker Feb 1, 2014 09:41 PM

So the last time I built a PC was maybe half a decade ago as I've been massively out of the loop - but there are some games I'd like to try this year so I thought I'd upgrade a couple of components. Kept the same Phenom II CPU for now and case.

Before and after :lol:

WyreTheWolf Feb 1, 2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payne3d (Post 1337430008)
Is this the fancy Silverstone case? FT something or other?

Indeed it is the Silverstone Fortress FT03B

Meteor_of_War Feb 2, 2014 08:29 AM

Nice work, dreamwalker.

You've done about as good as job as possible with cable management in the Antec 900 case.

dreamwalker Feb 2, 2014 12:50 PM

Thanks guy. It was fun :D

Just need to stay away from the classifieds in case I'm tempted to SLI :bleh:

Ristogod Feb 3, 2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwalker (Post 1337433378)
So the last time I built a PC was maybe half a decade ago as I've been massively out of the loop - but there are some games I'd like to try this year so I thought I'd upgrade a couple of components. Kept the same Phenom II CPU for now and case.

Before and after :lol:

Pretty good job for a very unaccommodating case.

KAC Feb 4, 2014 11:51 AM

dreamwalker. Change dat CPU fan ffs.

Meteor_of_War Feb 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1337435162)
dreamwalker. Change dat CPU fan ffs.

Does the job just fine if he's running stock speed.

Dungeoncrawler Feb 6, 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1337435166)
Does the job just fine if he's running stock speed.

No self-respecting gtx titan would be caught dead with a stock heatsink.

dreamwalker Feb 6, 2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1337436940)
No self-respecting gtx titan would be caught dead with a stock heatsink.

Good thing that's not a Titan :lol:

With regards to the heatsink, I was considering it, but some of the ones I was looking at were a pain in the ass to install.

Besides, I'm waiting for something to come on sale as this is really not necessary -- will be overclocking eventually, but its not the best overclocker from what I've read anyway.

Meteor_of_War Feb 6, 2014 07:43 PM

dreamwalker, you should list your system specs in your profile.

GanjaStar Feb 6, 2014 09:30 PM

after rading page 168, im never opening this thread again :cry:

quad titans + 8 ssds... give me a 4th of it and i'd be set till 2020. :lol:

dreamwalker Feb 6, 2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1337437036)
dreamwalker, you should list your system specs in your profile.

Good point, done.

Meteor_of_War Feb 7, 2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwalker (Post 1337437119)
Good point, done.

:up:

Cool, same video card as me.