Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

aviphysics Jun 24, 2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1337529331)
the 350 is the tower fan and pump watts

my two systems can max out about 750 to 850 watts each so say 1500 watts of heat or about 5200 btu so you would need about a 1/2 ton window unit would do it and that uses about 600 watts and noisy as h*ll
mini split ac would be quieter but cost 4 times as much

I just put a mastercool evap cooler on my office just for it and it working great till the monsoon season hits
and by using a 1/2hp motor and a 3" pulley I got the total amps down to 1.3 on low and 2.9 on high at 240 volts, so 312 watts on low and 696 watts on high

Your systems can max out at 750-850 watts, but they don't run that all the time, do they? Most of the time I imagine they are somewhere between 100-200 watts or even lower.

In terms of A/C requirements, I just made an assumption that you already had decent full home A/C (that is probably a poor assumption. Where I live, you would be pretty miserable without A/C)

In my area, I wonder what the water usage would be like. There are already communities that will have to ration this summer. No more water for home irrigation and stuff like that.

bill dennison Jun 24, 2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1337529383)
Your systems can max out at 750-850 watts, but they don't run that all the time, do they? Most of the time I imagine they are somewhere between 100-200 watts or even lower.

In terms of A/C requirements, I just made an assumption that you already had decent full home A/C (that is probably a poor assumption. Where I live, you would be pretty miserable without A/C)

In my area, I wonder what the water usage would be like. There are already communities that will have to ration this summer. No more water for home irrigation and stuff like that.

yea I got full home a/c and full home evaporative cooling plus now the small slowed down 5000 cmf evaporative cooler on the office

and i'm a hvac contractor :hmm:

and idle on the 3930k system is about 275 watts and the 3770k is around 240 watts

evaporative coolers do use a bit of water and have a bleed off of about 3 gal. a hour when running but I reuse it to go to the trees

aviphysics Jun 25, 2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1337529394)
yea I got full home a/c and full home evaporative cooling plus now the small slowed down 5000 cmf evaporative cooler on the office

and i'm a hvac contractor :hmm:

and idle on the 3930k system is about 275 watts and the 3770k is around 240 watts

evaporative coolers do use a bit of water and have a bleed off of about 3 gal. a hour when running but I reuse it to go to the trees

Wow. I am surprised they use that much at idle. I thought the newer i7 systems idled below 100W. Even a Titan + 3930X based system idles near 100W.

Edit: 290x + 4960X based system idles below 90W. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/t...290x-review/19

I don't think even a second 290x and monitor power consumption would push you above 200 W at idle. What are you doing to those poor computers?

bill dennison Jun 25, 2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1337529881)
Wow. I am surprised they use that much at idle. I thought the newer i7 systems idled below 100W. Even a Titan + 3930X based system idles near 100W.

Edit: 290x + 4960X based system idles below 90W. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/t...290x-review/19

I don't think even a second 290x and monitor power consumption would push you above 200 W at idle. What are you doing to those poor computers?

well that maybe with a system with nothing loaded in

and some of it has to be Kaspersky and steam, origin and all the other background crap

BababooeyHTJ Jun 26, 2014 05:51 AM

Yeah, but none of that stuff pushes the hardware. My pc draws very little at idle too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bill dennison Jun 26, 2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337530226)
Yeah, but none of that stuff pushes the hardware. My pc draws very little at idle too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm just going by the watt meter on my UPS
and a d5 pump is 23 watts plus 8 140mm fans 2 120mm fans plus fan controller & 4 hard drives a bluray

and actually there is a directv dvr box is on my ups power supply so it is about 27 watts and the dsl router

it all add up

lazyx Jul 8, 2014 02:39 PM











trash my corsair 200r for Define r4.

BababooeyHTJ Jul 8, 2014 06:51 PM

Looks really good. :up:

Shadowless Jul 17, 2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyx (Post 1337536814)










trash my corsair 200r for Define r4.

That's a sexy case, I should buy one... Oh wait, that's right, I already did :D

lazyx Jul 18, 2014 12:31 AM



Replace the CM 212 Evo for Noctua NH-D14. Temps want down 8-9c.

AdamK47 Sep 6, 2014 11:26 PM

Some minor updates.

Intel Core i7 5960X
Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
Four Nvidia GTX Titans in 4-Way SLI
256GB Samsung 850 Pro (System)
Four 1TB Samsung 840 EVOs in 4TB RAID-0 (Games)
4TB Deskstar 7K4000 HDD (Backup)
Pioneer BDR-206 BD-RW
Corsair 750D case
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate cooler
LEPA G1600 power supply
Assorted Corsair SP and AF LED fans


Megaman Sep 6, 2014 11:41 PM

Nice! At what interest rate did you get that mortgage on? :bleh:

Redeemed Sep 7, 2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1337569875)
Nice! At what interest rate did you get that mortgage on? :bleh:

:lol:

Freaking Adam- what the hell dude? The rest of us might as well just give up. My computer will always be but a pocket calculator compared to yours. :lol:

Fantastic build buddy, as always. :up:

Kain Sep 7, 2014 03:16 PM

:up: :drool:

AdamK47 Sep 7, 2014 03:57 PM

Snapped some more photos of "Project Overkill".




MangaSpawn64 Sep 7, 2014 04:43 PM

"Minor upgrade" ??? :lol: The board / CPU / memory combo is worth my comp.

shrike126 Sep 7, 2014 09:26 PM

Some... *cough* ...minor updates. :bleh2:




What can I say? I'm proud of the work I've done over the past few weeks.

Sazar Sep 7, 2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrike126 (Post 1337570216)
Some... *cough* ...minor updates. :bleh2:




What can I say? I'm proud of the work I've done over the past few weeks.

Dat cable management.



:drool:

wabbitslayer Sep 8, 2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1337569870)
Some minor updates.


Can you post some benchies ran on your system? Just curious.

Redeemed Sep 8, 2014 02:44 PM

What's the point? I've donated my rig to a local charity and have decided to take up knitting. Because I will never have as epic an e-peen as Adam.

Game over man. :cry:

AdamK47 Sep 8, 2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbitslayer (Post 1337570614)
Can you post some benchies ran on your system? Just curious.

Some quick benchmarks. I'm not going to pushing my system hard right now, so nothing fancy in terms of clock speeds. CPU at an even 4GHz, memory at 2666, and the Titans at only 1GHz.

3DMark (2013):
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2722354

3DMark11:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/8698238

AdamK47 Sep 8, 2014 09:16 PM

Oh, and I also ran AS-SSD on my new SSDs before writing data on them.

256GB Samsung 850 Pro
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/51...673/t5GMv5.png

Four 1TB Samsung 840 EVOs in RAID-0
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/51...538/BDVVjm.png

shrike126 Sep 8, 2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazar (Post 1337570220)
Dat cable management.



:drool:

Is it wrong that a part of me is already trying to find a more clever way to wire it? Like using .5" cables for the right half to make it a bit neater. But I'm not OCD I swear. :bleh2:

Now... to find a good NAS setup recommendation.

KAC Sep 9, 2014 06:38 AM

Adam, why not go multi-monitor and/or upgrade your screen with gsync functionality?

Great rig btw. Can you play minecraft on it? :bleh:

aviphysics Sep 9, 2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1337569870)
Some minor updates.

Intel Core i7 5960X
Gigabyte X99 Gaming G1
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
Four Nvidia GTX Titans in 4-Way SLI
256GB Samsung 850 Pro (System)
Four 1TB Samsung 840 EVOs in 4TB RAID-0 (Games)
4TB Deskstar 7K4000 HDD (Backup)
Pioneer BDR-206 BD-RW
Corsair 750D case
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate cooler
LEPA G1600 power supply
Assorted Corsair SP and AF LED fans

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/12...538/xODO9d.jpg

I am surprised you didn't go with 780 Ti over Titans (or are they Titan Blacks)

Mangler Sep 9, 2014 09:44 AM

I think he got those titans before the ti even existed.

wabbitslayer Sep 9, 2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1337570805)

meh, that's OK, I guess.






:eek::p

AdamK47 Sep 9, 2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1337571105)
I think he got those titans before the ti even existed.

Correct.

I'll be going with four of whatever nVidia is releasing soon.

AdamK47 Sep 9, 2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1337570960)
Adam, why not go multi-monitor and/or upgrade your screen with gsync functionality?

Great rig btw. Can you play minecraft on it? :bleh:

Bought that BenQ BL3200PT a couple weeks ago to replace my DoubleSight DS-307W.

KAC Sep 9, 2014 11:46 PM

Isn't this a 60 Hz monitor? Doesn't look like an upgrade considering you have 4 titans. Should opt for 120 fps or higher gaming?

Either way great setup!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com