Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

LT72884 Jun 21, 2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowichi (Post 1334998518)
It's not like i'm insulting the guy. I just think it looks really bad.

Here's some examples of what rust looks like
http://browse.deviantart.com/resourc...=9&alltime=yes
this one looks especially cool, and could be done in a number of ways such as peeling up dried paint and spraying glue on it to "freeze" it.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33907239/
This would be great for a HL2 look.

If you wanted the sci-fi look, mos deff take Zero's advice about Giger. You could probably mould that stuff, rather than looking like mud, to make pipes going everywhere. eg:

Also, the front of the case has no modding which looks very inconsistent and unfinished... just saying, if you wanted something really nice, you gotta put the effort in. Hope I didn't come across as harsh, but I think you could do better.

LOL no harsh feelings man. i know what ya mean with the front. i didnt want to spend any more tiem because i wanted to get my rig up and running. i had all the parts so i wanted them in there. if i would have done something to the front, it might look all weird or weirder than it all ready is. i like the hammered steel paint look on the front. that bondo took forever to do,along with painting it. any way yeah some people dont like it and some do. no biggie. those rust pics are tight, but im no artist. but my cousin did paint the XPS dell pc's for them. there are only a few of them from dell with his paint job.

TRD Supra Jun 21, 2007 03:58 PM

Zero Jun 21, 2007 04:07 PM

Your rig has myspace angles :bleh:

jk awesome pics! :up:

CR2500 Jun 21, 2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 1334999858)
Your rig has myspace angles :bleh:
jk awesome pics! :up:

What I thought too :lol:

But I do like the perspective they were taken from.

TRD Supra Jun 21, 2007 08:45 PM

lol myspace sucks.

ultimadrift Jun 22, 2007 05:22 AM

eh...wats with the myspace angles XD
samurai crip u need to paint that wall lol its been like that for too long and i noticed u added some mobos on ur wall for display??lol

guest Jun 22, 2007 11:12 AM

Was putting my new stuff together yesterday. I really like the cup holder.

oasked Jun 22, 2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 1335001306)
Was putting my new stuff together yesterday. I really like the cup holder.

Just wait for the day when you knock your drink into the computer. :lol:

Kovster Jun 23, 2007 11:55 AM

Finaly got a decent looking setup, and a descent cpu/etc..

Thats the full case shot.

The guts of the machine.

Heres one final shot of the system with a little longer exposure/no-flash

Greasy Jun 23, 2007 05:31 PM

Just put this together yesterday. I need some cable extenders, so the wiring is crap for now. Also need to shorten one of the lines in my loop, so that I can install the graphics cooling adapter that came with the case.

The radiator cut turned out pretty well I guess. My first time cutting anything other than a circle in a case. :p

OverclockN' Jun 25, 2007 09:16 AM

VW_Factor Jun 25, 2007 05:31 PM

ultimadrift Jun 25, 2007 07:15 PM

Im lovin that case OverClockin, but i never liked cases with doors its annoying its annoying to open them and if u accidentally burned a cd and it pops out itself and it hits the door...ya know...lol
VW factor ur case its awesome XD but do u have any leg room down there??

VW_Factor Jun 25, 2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimadrift (Post 1335006164)
Im lovin that case OverClockin, but i never liked cases with doors its annoying its annoying to open them and if u accidentally burned a cd and it pops out itself and it hits the door...ya know...lol

One nice thing about being tall, I can reach them comfortably.

Anyway, Im still on the lookout for a nice desk. This one is from my apartment where I had limited room. I'd like to find one with a nice wide and large keyboard and mouse pullout thing, because I cant stand it when my mouse and keyboard are on different levels of the desk.

Otherwise. Thanks. :up:

OverclockN' Jun 26, 2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimadrift (Post 1335006164)

Actually no, I don't know. How exactly do you go about accidentally burning a CD?

Honestly, I've never had a problem with it. I don't burn a ton of CD's. When I do, and I know I will be burning a ton in a row...I take the door off the hinges and place it next to the desk. Takes literally less than 2 seconds. I really prefer the clean look of a case with a door on the front, it's so much better looking. All the drive bays, fan controllers, floppy drives or whatever else is too busy for me. It need to look simple and clean.

Quote:

Anyway, Im still on the lookout for a nice desk. This one is from my apartment where I had limited room. I'd like to find one with a nice wide and large keyboard and mouse pullout thing, because I cant stand it when my mouse and keyboard are on different levels of the desk.
I feel the same way. I eventually found the desk I'm using now, and it's absolutely perfect. Honestly, there is not one single thing I would change about it. It's huge (L-shaped), sturdy, and has a TON of space for anything.

HalcYoN [nV] Jun 29, 2007 06:46 AM

Done for now.

Gateway FPD2485W

PNY 8800GTX

Updated. Pulled the sticker...

Kovster Jul 3, 2007 08:28 PM

Finally got a descent shot of my small office where my computers are. :)

crowichi Jul 4, 2007 08:05 AM

I like that case HalcYon! What the brand/name?

HalcYoN [nV] Jul 4, 2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowichi (Post 1335018601)
I like that case HalcYon! What the brand/name?

It is the Lian Li V1000. You can read my reiew of it at that other place.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/lianli_v1000plus/

CR2500 Jul 10, 2007 10:05 AM

Was built June 29

Too lazy for any wiring job :rolleyes:

Since Im not overclocking yet, will be using the stock Intel HSF for now. (also, is iTAT an accurate program to measure CPU temps?)

clean and shiny :D

moshpit Jul 10, 2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CR2500 (Post 1335028309)
Was built June 29

Too lazy for any wiring job :rolleyes:

Considering the lack of ribbon cables, I don't think you'll have to sweat it too much, I don't see much in the way of airflow disruption going on there. I think you'll be just fine as is. Looks good btw :D

TRD Supra Jul 11, 2007 10:49 PM

CR2500 Jul 12, 2007 08:53 AM

what happened to your G5 in that first pic?

Dr Gonzo Jul 12, 2007 09:34 AM

^^ HAHA, that's an MX518 and for whatever damn reason, logitech chose that kind of finish for it.

moshpit Jul 12, 2007 01:13 PM

Yeah, they look damaged. It's on purpose tho. They're supposed to look that way...

TRD Supra Jul 12, 2007 03:25 PM

Logitech sent it to me for free when my MX510 right click started messing up.:)

SD-[Inc] Jul 15, 2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshpit (Post 1335028602)
Considering the lack of ribbon cables, I don't think you'll have to sweat it too much, I don't see much in the way of airflow disruption going on there. I think you'll be just fine as is. Looks good btw :D

Except for the hard drive. Why not mount it in the lower compartment? It is blocking a lot of airflow going to 8800 installed where it is.

Also, those power cable are all jammed right behind the video card. (Right where it brings air in).

moshpit Jul 15, 2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1335036780)
Except for the hard drive. Why not mount it in the lower compartment? It is blocking a lot of airflow going to 8800 installed where it is.

Also, those power cable are all jammed right behind the video card. (Right where it brings air in).

Hard drive blocking airflow, or being cooled directly? You have such a glass is half empty way of looking at things...

moshpit Jul 15, 2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1335036780)

And your wrong actually. The intake for his 8800 is at the bottom of the heatsink the way it's sitting, putting the HD in the lowest cage section would put it right in line with that intake. Right now it's sitting above that intake by a couple of inches, and actually above the card itself. I say it's better where it's at then it would be if lowered.

SD-[Inc] Jul 15, 2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshpit (Post 1335036800)
And your wrong actually. The intake for his 8800 is at the bottom of the heatsink the way it's sitting, putting the HD in the lowest cage section would put it right in line with that intake. Right now it's sitting above that intake by a couple of inches, and actually above the card itself. I say it's better where it's at then it would be if lowered.

I meant in the lower cage not on a lower mount in the same cage. The lower cage is the one that is directly across from the power supply in its own separate compartment. (See the second pull ring?) This compartment usually has a fan in it too.