Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

1madman1 Jul 17, 2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1336316750)
If you do end up getting a new monitor I recommend steering away from another horribly overpriced mac ones.

Apple's aren't an option anymore. At the time of the original Cinema Display, they were among the cheapest on the market in the class. Now, they only have one model with HDCP support, and it's got an insanely glossy sheet of glass on the front. I'm likely gonna end up with a 24" NEC or something similar. I may try a Lacie 324 as they seem to review well and I can get a considerable discount on them through my employer, though I am doubtful about any panel that isn't IPS.

aviphysics Jul 18, 2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1madman1 (Post 1336316770)
Apple's aren't an option anymore. At the time of the original Cinema Display, they were among the cheapest on the market in the class. Now, they only have one model with HDCP support, and it's got an insanely glossy sheet of glass on the front. I'm likely gonna end up with a 24" NEC or something similar. I may try a Lacie 324 as they seem to review well and I can get a considerable discount on them through my employer, though I am doubtful about any panel that isn't IPS.

I would recommend finding an opportunity to check out an ordinary TN panel. My panel at home is IPS and my panel at work is TN. I think the only time I really notice the difference is when I work in Photoshop and some color is out of gamut on the TN panel. Viewing angle isn't much of a problem cause I don't look at my PC monitor from anything other then head on.

I am not saying you shouldn't care but if you aren't sure how you feel then checking out a TN panel if one of your friends has one might be a good idea.

If your are doing print work then a good monitor is definitely worth it.

1madman1 Jul 18, 2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1336317424)
I would recommend finding an opportunity to check out an ordinary TN panel. My panel at home is IPS and my panel at work is TN. I think the only time I really notice the difference is when I work in Photoshop and some color is out of gamut on the TN panel. Viewing angle isn't much of a problem cause I don't look at my PC monitor from anything other then head on.

Viewing angle is very important to me as there is often two or three people looking at the display. My primary monitor at work is a TN 24" Acer x-series something or other and I hate it - it's impossible to calibrate. We also have a pair of (admittedly old) PVA Samsung 173P displays in the house. While their accuracy pretty decent head on, the viewing angles are horrific in spite of the on paper 178/178.

Pepsin Jul 22, 2010 01:32 PM

Just yanked out my 4850 512MB and replaced it with a 1GB GTX460.

Pretty generic looking, almost looks like a low-end card. Much, much shorter than the 4850, which extended right up against the top hard drive.

The Luggage Jul 27, 2010 10:06 PM

Got my eyefinity setup up and running.

Auric Jul 28, 2010 12:23 AM

Are the additional displays used primarily for other than games where an angle is preferred? 'Cause the perspective is all screwy. The aspect ratio on the right one seems quite distorted too. Are those supposed to be box car wheels? :confused:

Have you tried the alternate mode for bezel compensation?

The Luggage Jul 28, 2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auric (Post 1336326309)
Are the additional displays used primarily for other than games where an angle is preferred? 'Cause the perspective is all screwy. The aspect ratio on the right one seems quite distorted too. Are those supposed to be box car wheels? :confused:

Have you tried the alternate mode for bezel compensation?

I only switch to an eyefinity profile when I'm playing certain games. For everyday computer use I just extend the desktop across the three displays. I don't think there is any way to get rid of the distortion; bezel compensation has no effect.

caveman-jim Jul 28, 2010 07:54 AM

Obviously, the distortion is the game's lack of support for a superwide FoV. Tools like widescreenfixer can help a lot of cases.

Dungeoncrawler Jul 30, 2010 12:20 AM

when is samsung planning on releasing those ultra-thin bezel displays?

Dungeoncrawler Jul 30, 2010 12:42 AM

Got tired of the old quad in my nvidia box and decided to upgrade to a 930. Course, had to bring along some buddies :lol:. Before I open the i7 proc I was curious if I should have gone with something a little higher? I'm running a 950 with my ati gpu's, but guess its splitting-hairs so-to-speak (930 or 950). The clerk at microcenter was trying real hard to get me to buy one of the extreme intel's. Thousand dollars is still a little extreme for a proc imo. Anyhoo...

caveman-jim Jul 30, 2010 11:31 AM

930 was the right choice. :up:

fasedw Aug 4, 2010 11:06 AM

Here's my new Case Appliques

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bearclaw Aug 4, 2010 11:12 AM

You guys all have some very nice rigs in here. :)

Qb2k5 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsin (Post 1336320547)
Just yanked out my 4850 512MB and replaced it with a 1GB GTX460.

Pretty generic looking, almost looks like a low-end card. Much, much shorter than the 4850, which extended right up against the top hard drive.

I think your next upgrade should be a more modern case.:lol:

Pepsin Aug 6, 2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qb2k5 (Post 1336331315)
I think your next upgrade should be a mofore modern case.:lol:

I've only had three cases in the last eleven years :) This one should last another two until the next complete upgrade. Then I may have to fork out 30 for a new one...

Dungeoncrawler Aug 13, 2010 07:10 PM

Picked me up one of thos HAF-X cases today. Will post back some screens after I get home from work. It is a heavy biatch!

What I finished on Sunday night. Pretty much all the hardware is in place but I need to get an extension cable for the 4-pin mobo. Also, cable-management is incomplete.

Greasy Aug 13, 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336339188)
Picked me up one of thos HAF-X cases today. Will post back some screens after I get home from work. It is a heavy biatch!

Must be nice having a microcenter near by. :p

Probably a good thing that I don't have one, or every other Saturday, I would have a new rig.

nycdarkness Aug 13, 2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1336339239)

Probably a good thing that I don't have one, or every other Saturday, I would have a new rig.

Having a microcenter near you is like having another child that's the impact on your wallet ;)

Progression Aug 15, 2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greasy (Post 1336339239)

I got a Frys near me, I can get there walking in 15 minutes. Believe me, it's very tempting.

Bearclaw Aug 16, 2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

What I finished on Sunday night. Pretty much all the hardware is in place but I need to get an extension cable for the 4-pin mobo. Also, cable-management is incomplete.

Awesome rig right here! I am also going for a black case/black interior. Looks so sharp, IMO.

Soong Aug 16, 2010 12:25 PM

Black on black looks great untill something called "dust" finds your case.

caveman-jim Aug 16, 2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soong (Post 1336341136)
Black on black looks great untill something called "dust" finds your case.

Yeah, but you just take a pic before you every turn a fan on and then show that to people. :D:up:

sygnus21 Aug 16, 2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

I need to get an extension cable for the 4-pin mobo. Also, cable-management is incomplete.

You can't use the extension cable that comes with the case? And do you plan on using the PS cover to hide the PS wires?

BTW here's mine... http://www.sevenforums.com/overclock...r-s-haf-x.html

Dungeoncrawler Aug 16, 2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

You can't use the extension cable that comes with the case? And do you plan on using the PS cover to hide the PS wires?

Nice case and cable managment! I didn't get an extention cable with my case :(. Also, is the front fan suppose to light-up? If so, mine is not working. Fan is, but not the lights.

caveman-jim Aug 16, 2010 10:54 PM

take off the other side panel, the plug probably came apart for the fan LED.

sygnus21 Aug 17, 2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336341762)
Nice case and cable managment! I didn't get an extention cable with my case :(. Also, is the front fan suppose to light-up? If so, mine is not working. Fan is, but not the lights.

Uh.... yeah, you was supposed to get an extension cable with the case. See here.... http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1311/6/ Notice the black and yellow cable. It's about 8 inches long. If you didn't get one, call Cooler Master about it.

As to the fan being lite.... as Caveman Jim stated take off the side panel and hook up the LED cable. Look here.... image 6.... http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1311/5/

BTW thanks for the comments.

Dungeoncrawler Aug 17, 2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sygnus21 (Post 1336341812)
Uh.... yeah, you was supposed to get an extension cable with the case. See here.... http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1311/6/ Notice the black and yellow cable. It's about 8 inches long. If you didn't get one, call Cooler Master about it.

As to the fan being lite.... as Caveman Jim stated take off the side panel and hook up the LED cable. Look here.... image 6.... http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1311/5/

BTW thanks for the comments.

Thanks gents; I'll checkout the connection for the fan light. About the extension, I found it however it appears to be an pci-e8 type.

Update: Last two pics; finally got her finished. Not exactly what I wanted with cable management, but not that shabby either (you should see my wife's pc). Might see about moving the front panel fan wire to a lower profile area. Also, seems my 480's like it better here as well. Seeing about a 2-5 degree drop in idle temps.

sygnus21 Aug 17, 2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1336341843)
bout the extension, I found it however it appears to be an pci-e8 type.

Not a problem, you can still use it on the board. You have a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, I have the X58A-UD5 with an i7-930 and I just plugged the 8-pin connector right into the baord, no problems :)

And your system looks good now, especially since you installed the power supply cover.

Peace.

Greasy Aug 17, 2010 11:48 AM

I like that PSU cover. That come with the case?

sygnus21 Aug 17, 2010 01:10 PM

Yes :) - http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1311/4/