Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AMD Radeon Discussion and Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Official 6x00 Stock Thread(or lack thereof) (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051861)

Nagorak Dec 10, 2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338250489)
I was just typing most of what Nunz just said so I'll echo that. For the same price as a 6800XT a 3080 simply has more features that allow it to give a better visual quality.

Assuming you can find one to buy one of course.

The one thing I think the 3080 has over the 6800 XT is DLSS, and DLSS also means it has usable ray tracing (without RT the need for DLSS isn't that great since you generally are already getting enough performance). AMD really needs to come out with their answer to that ASAP. Especially if it can be universally used, even if it is a bit lower quality, it would offer a good alternative.

The lower base RT performance (excluding DLSS) is not a plus, but at this point RT games are still so few and far between that I'm not sure it matters that much, especially if the 6800 XT is cheaper and more efficient (granted right now the AIB cards are not cheaper, but then again everything is out of stock and being scalped anyway).

badsykes Dec 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338251045)
I managed to get a 6800 XT and 5600X into my cart, but couldn't bring myself to go through with the purchase. The problem is I don't actually want a 5600X, but instead a 5900X, and I didn't really want a reference 6800 XT.




:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

pax Dec 10, 2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338251045)
I managed to get a 6800 XT and 5600X into my cart, but couldn't bring myself to go through with the purchase. The problem is I don't actually want a 5600X, but instead a 5900X, and I didn't really want a reference 6800 XT.

Id have grabbed the 6800xt ref as its prized by water cooler enthusiasts apparently and its going out of production soon. If only to make a few bucks on the side to help pay for a pricier AIB/6900xt.

One rumor has it that SR/DLSS for amd is coming out with the 6700xt. I guess we'll see.

Really thought it would have been out for CP2077 but its probably not an easy thing to program for.

CyanBlues Dec 10, 2020 04:03 AM

i think i'd rather have the reference to make the price difference worth it, with aib 6800xt are expensive, even more then some aib 3080

Crawdaddy79 Dec 10, 2020 05:57 AM

Nagorak won the lottery and shredded the ticket.

Should have scalped them both.

Riptide Dec 10, 2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338251064)
Id have grabbed the 6800xt ref as its prized by water cooler enthusiasts

Well shoot I hope so. This 6800xt reference gigabyte card, supposedly going to ship in a couple days if amazon is to be believed, cost 149 over every other one out there. But it's the one I could get.

Maybe in April or whenever I can get a 6900xt AIB I can re-sell this and get some of my cost back.

This 5500xt is not a bad little gpu, but it most def is not up to anything over 1080p.

acroig Dec 10, 2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338251047)
The one thing I think the 3080 has over the 6800 XT is DLSS, and DLSS also means it has usable ray tracing (without RT the need for DLSS isn't that great since you generally are already getting enough performance). AMD really needs to come out with their answer to that ASAP. Especially if it can be universally used, even if it is a bit lower quality, it would offer a good alternative.

The lower base RT performance (excluding DLSS) is not a plus, but at this point RT games are still so few and far between that I'm not sure it matters that much, especially if the 6800 XT is cheaper and more efficient (granted right now the AIB cards are not cheaper, but then again everything is out of stock and being scalped anyway).

:yep:

KAC Dec 10, 2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338251047)
The one thing I think the 3080 has over the 6800 XT is DLSS, and DLSS also means it has usable ray tracing (without RT the need for DLSS isn't that great since you generally are already getting enough performance). AMD really needs to come out with their answer to that ASAP. Especially if it can be universally used, even if it is a bit lower quality, it would offer a good alternative.

The lower base RT performance (excluding DLSS) is not a plus, but at this point RT games are still so few and far between that I'm not sure it matters that much, especially if the 6800 XT is cheaper and more efficient (granted right now the AIB cards are not cheaper, but then again everything is out of stock and being scalped anyway).

Nvidia has far more than one thing.

pax Dec 10, 2020 11:39 AM

AIB 6900xt's out Dec 17th?


https://www.techpowerup.com/275798/p...0-xt-red-devil



Quote:

With three 8-pin PCIe connectors for maximum reliability and the highest performance, the PowerColor Red Devil is able to deliver up to 480w of power.

Available starting December 17, 2020.
They recommend a 900w ps for this puppy.

acroig Dec 10, 2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338251194)
AIB 6900xt's out Dec 17th?

They recommend a 900w ps for this puppy.

:lol: , where's Bill? He needs a better room heater in Phoenix and his own solar electric array. ;)

pax Dec 10, 2020 12:36 PM

Theres a liquid devil also coming so Im sure that one will need a 1000w or more ps... :bleh:

acroig Dec 10, 2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338251218)
Theres a liquid devil also coming so Im sure that one will need a 1000w or more ps... :bleh:

How much will that be? :lol:

bill dennison Dec 10, 2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338251200)
:lol: , where's Bill? He needs a better room heater in Phoenix and his own solar electric array. ;)

bet it won't need it or use those 3 - 8 pin plugs and will still suck less power than a stock 3090

and i'm still set up for SLI/CFX and have a 1200 & 1050 watt PSU's


we need SLI/CFX back with 2077 killing all single GPU's

Treeckcold57 Dec 10, 2020 01:09 PM

Where are the 6800 XT in the stocks?? I need a 6800XT so badly since i already played Cp2077 last night. I managed got a 40-50 FPS at 1440p, but graphic still looks good with a right tweak settings. I definitely need a better gpu. :lol::lol::(

bill dennison Dec 10, 2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 (Post 1338251244)
Where are the 6800 XT in the stocks?? I need a 6800XT so badly since i already played Cp2077 last night. I managed got a 40-50 FPS at 1440p, but graphic still looks good with a right tweak settings. I definitely need a better gpu. :lol::lol::(

AMD or NV they are all on ebay :bleh:

acroig Dec 10, 2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338251248)
AMD or NV they are all on ebay :bleh:

Sad but true.... f'ing scalpers. :bleh:

LordHawkwind Dec 10, 2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1338250525)
seems to be lots of 6900 xt's on ebay :bleh:


1750 to 2k :nuts: :lol:

Saw an article where Ebay are starting to clamp down on 6800/6900 sales as people are actually selling PICTURES of the cards instead of the real thing because they don't actually have the cards. Of course this costs Ebay money in refunds so their not happy. One guy even bought a PS5 for $900 and received a PS5 fake box with a breeze box in it. Again Ebay compensated him. Any idiot who buys off those kind of sites get what they deserve IMHO.

You can easily buy the 3090 now in the UK which is what I did last night for USD 1,600 but bottled it this morning when it went to packing and shipping and cancelled it. A stupid frustrated impulse buy but common sense kicked in. I scratched the itch I'm happy now.

LordHawkwind Dec 10, 2020 03:30 PM

Interesting but sad reflection on where we are today with top tech purchases.

https://www.extremetech.com/computin...a-paper-launch

pax Dec 10, 2020 09:17 PM

I just got a notice of the current shipping situation and its for something thats not nearly in demand as a GPU (tho I cant wait to get it!) but probably applies:


Quote:

December 9, 2020 Update:

Shipageddon, Ending non-US orders, LTT review

Let’s cut to it. Shipping Update

All of the Elites that have been ordered have shipped from Taiwan (where they are made) plus more (yes, even if you ordered one minute ago; welcome. We’ve been chronicling our ups and downs in these updates all year).

If you have recently joined us, please know that because air shipping costs skyrocketed to 3-7x their normal values earlier in the year due to COVID-19, we must ship Elites from Taiwan by ocean freight, which takes about 2-3 weeks.

Shipageddon

The port of LA is like Darth Vader, Thanos, Voldemort, Sauron, and the borg all mixed together to form one giant evil super villain. There is a massively long wait to get past customs at the port of LA, where most of our Elites must go through (including non-US orders). Due to the virus + holidays, companies and consumers have all shifted to e-commerce. The ports are at maximum capacity. It’s a mess. We receive no information regarding where our shipments are in the queue- not until they make it past customs. If you would like to know more about Shipageddon, please click here or here or here.

We’ve sent increasingly larger shipments from Taiwan every week since mid-October, and now, they’re just stuck. Grinding halt. We are truly and sincerely sorry for the long wait.

Our first and second shipments made it past customs in November, each waiting roughly two weeks at the port. These were also our smallest shipments since they were our first batches, each with a little more than 100 Elites. Our third shipment finally just made it past customs yesterday, Dec. 8 (after waiting 2+ weeks). Two shipments are currently waiting in the port right now. We’ve got three large shipments scheduled to arrive for the next three weeks, which will fulfill the pre-orders plus more.

Please know, once your Elite is past customs and in the hands of our shipping partner, we will email you with tracking information (we did miss a few of you guys in our second shipment while we were working out kinks in our system).

Until then, any estimated time of delivery is more of a haphazard guess since it’s based on when your shipment is scheduled to arrive at the port (somewhat accurate) and getting through customs (as accurate as a stormtrooper shooting at a target, i.e., laughably not accurate).

Note on EU orders if you ordered before the end of November

From our last update (Nov. 19), remember that we had a shipment of Elites headed to Europe but we had to cut ties with our shipping partner. While we still do not have a definitive delivery estimate, progress is being made. The shipment is in Germany and waiting to go through customs (which has to take less time than in the US); it will then be transferred to our new shipping partner’s warehouse in Ireland. Again, once a tracking number is generated, we will notify you.

Note on Canadian and Australian pre-orders

These shipments were shipped directly to Canada and Australia. The Canadian shipment is in Canada and waiting to go through customs. The Australian shipment was recently shipped, and we do not have an estimated delivery just yet. Once a tracking number is generated, we will notify you.

Closing non-US orders after Tuesday, Dec. 15

After Dec. 15, we will only take orders that will be delivered in the US. Now that the pre-ordered Elites are all made and shipped, the plan is that retailers worldwide will get inventory and start selling in their regions.

Currently, we have partnered with retailers in Canada, the EU, Australia, Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia with hopefully more to come soon. If your country is not listed, feel free to send us a message with your preferred retailer.

Once we have fulfilled our pre-orders, our retailers have the greenlight to start selling.

Linus Tech Tips Review!

Sorry we didn’t send out the first review when it came out on Saturday, November 21. We had been told that it would be released the following Wednesday but it popped up unexpectedly on Saturday, and the person that would have sent the email was out camping in the woods unconnected to the world and got quite the surprise when returning to civilization on Tuesday. Then, we were completely swamped + Thanksgiving + waiting on good shipping news to send out (third shipment finally came through yesterday, whew).

Linus Tech Tips: Water Cooling Performance for Half the Price

We have sent out test units to everyone that reviewed the prototype plus more. We haven’t received any confirmation on when other reviews will be out unfortunately.

A Big Thanks to Everyone

It’s been a long 2+ years to get IceGiant and the ProSiphon Elite launched. While 2020 has been different for everyone, quite honestly, all things considered, it’s been a good year for IceGiant cause you’re with us now, and you’re pushing us forward. Thank you to everyone who has ordered or thought about ordering or were just interested in what we were doing and what we have planned for the future (spoiler: very cool things on the horizon).

IceGiant is a 2-person operation, and we’ve been hustling and grinding and pivoting and problem-solving just to keep the lights on, and now, finally, we have all of the pre-ordered Elites made, packaged, and shipped.

It is beyond exasperating that the last hurdle to get Elites delivered is outside our control, and we know how disappointed people are (and rightfully so). To those that are waiting for their Elite, humbly, we ask for your continued patience.

Also, if you’ve got a connection to Santa, please remind him that all we want for Christmas is getting Elites delivered!







Nascar24 Dec 10, 2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 1338251104)
Well shoot I hope so. This 6800xt reference gigabyte card, supposedly going to ship in a couple days if amazon is to be believed, cost 149 over every other one out there. But it's the one I could get.

Maybe in April or whenever I can get a 6900xt AIB I can re-sell this and get some of my cost back.

This 5500xt is not a bad little gpu, but it most def is not up to anything over 1080p.

Not likely or for sure dont count on it, I had a 3080 ordered from them and the date came and went without them updating it till after the day it was suppose to be delivered, that one I ended up canceling.

Nagorak Dec 11, 2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338251091)
Nagorak won the lottery and shredded the ticket.

Should have scalped them both.

Probably should have tried to buy and passed them on to someone from the forum who needed one. Oh well.

Honestly, who knows if I'd actually have been able to get through check out anyway.

Nagorak Dec 11, 2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338251171)
Nvidia has far more than one thing.

What else do they have?

KAC Dec 11, 2020 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338251465)
What else do they have?

Better drivers (especially with VR titles)
Better Geforce games program
Better RT performance (even without DLSS)
Better streaming support and tools
Better ancillary tools like shadow play and ansel
Better pricing on AIB boards (for RTX 3080 series)
Better Geforce Now program plus ecosystem with NV Shield

I can go on but you get the point. It is not only foolish to buy a Radeon rather

Riptide Dec 11, 2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338251422)
Not likely or for sure dont count on it, I had a 3080 ordered from them and the date came and went without them updating it till after the day it was suppose to be delivered, that one I ended up canceling.

Yah it's not a done deal until it's done. It hasn't shipped yet and it's 'arriving dec 12-14' supposedly lol
Wouldn't surprise me if it slips into lala land, though they have moved the date up at least once which tends to imply they think stock is going to be there.

Someone on a discord channel offered to sell me a sapphire at his cost plus 5% which was reasonable. Even sent me a picture, and a picture of his order receipt from amazon. Got to the point of paying for it and he just suddenly had some family emergency and disappeared, hasn't been back since. :bleh:
So yah, another dead end there.

Been difficult for people who can't camp the comp or microcenter to get anything so I'm in that boat.

LordHawkwind Dec 11, 2020 07:44 AM

In normal times Henklemanís statement about AMD keeping on producing MBA 6800/XT would be great news. In these times its can be construed as being somewhat disconcerting. AMD have traditionally sold their MBA cards for an exclusive period of time and then backed off and let the AIB partners sell everything else. I had to wait 6-8 weeks to get my Sapphire Pulse and that was fine as I was prepared to wait for the AIB cards to launch.

Now, two weeks after the AIB launch every single board partner appears to have no stock in the channel. There arenít even ETAís and prices available to display. Now there is a rumour doing the rounds that AMD are trying to charge exorbitant prices for the chips to the point the AIB partners margins are virtually wafer thin.

If thatís true it could explain two things. Firstly, why the board partners are still heavily promoting older products because theyíre not making the new cards yet. Secondly AMD are acutely aware there is no stock of 6800/6900XT in the retail channel and have therefore reversed their decision to stop making MBA cards as they need to sell the new cards.

Previously I and many other AMD owners were delayed sales waiting for the AIB cards, however, given the current circumstances there could be a lot of AMD owners like me who will now consider a 3600/3700/3080 (if they can get one :lol:) and hence we become lost sales.

The other worry is the deafening silence from both AMD & the board partners. If they are having trouble shipping the cards and some are stuck in the ports as is now widely accepted why not shout it from the rooftops. Attached is a guide to how to react to a crisis. https://www.commpro.biz/the-golden-r...is-management/. AMD have currently done none of them and thatís a little worrying. You only need to see how Nvidia and their board partners have responded to their own launch issues. They seem to have read the crisis manual and AMD havenít.

This is not a rant against AMD, Iím only trying to stimulate a discussion as to whatís going on and how this has managed to arrive where itís at. Maybe Riptide is right and the main issue is they simply couldn't cope with releasing the consoles, Zen 3 and RDNA 2 in in such a short window. They had total control over two of those launches and might have been forced into a corner with the consoles. Who knows?

acroig Dec 11, 2020 10:47 AM

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...ar-demand.html

pax Dec 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338251527)
In normal times Henklemanís statement about AMD keeping on producing MBA 6800/XT would be great news. In these times its can be construed as being somewhat disconcerting. AMD have traditionally sold their MBA cards for an exclusive period of time and then backed off and let the AIB partners sell everything else. I had to wait 6-8 weeks to get my Sapphire Pulse and that was fine as I was prepared to wait for the AIB cards to launch.

Now, two weeks after the AIB launch every single board partner appears to have no stock in the channel. There arenít even ETAís and prices available to display. Now there is a rumour doing the rounds that AMD are trying to charge exorbitant prices for the chips to the point the AIB partners margins are virtually wafer thin.

If thatís true it could explain two things. Firstly, why the board partners are still heavily promoting older products because theyíre not making the new cards yet. Secondly AMD are acutely aware there is no stock of 6800/6900XT in the retail channel and have therefore reversed their decision to stop making MBA cards as they need to sell the new cards.

Previously I and many other AMD owners were delayed sales waiting for the AIB cards, however, given the current circumstances there could be a lot of AMD owners like me who will now consider a 3600/3700/3080 (if they can get one :lol:) and hence we become lost sales.

The other worry is the deafening silence from both AMD & the board partners. If they are having trouble shipping the cards and some are stuck in the ports as is now widely accepted why not shout it from the rooftops. Attached is a guide to how to react to a crisis. https://www.commpro.biz/the-golden-r...is-management/. AMD have currently done none of them and thatís a little worrying. You only need to see how Nvidia and their board partners have responded to their own launch issues. They seem to have read the crisis manual and AMD havenít.

This is not a rant against AMD, Iím only trying to stimulate a discussion as to whatís going on and how this has managed to arrive where itís at. Maybe Riptide is right and the main issue is they simply couldn't cope with releasing the consoles, Zen 3 and RDNA 2 in in such a short window. They had total control over two of those launches and might have been forced into a corner with the consoles. Who knows?

Dont think AMD can do in 3 weeks what it took Nvidia 3 months to fix.

LordHawkwind Dec 11, 2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338251605)
Dont think AMD can do in 3 weeks what it took Nvidia 3 months to fix.

Agreed valid point. However, launch day +1 and Nvidia were straight out with an apology and a reason for the issues. Asus followed on launch day +2 with an apology both classic crisis management responses. Nvidia followed that up with the jacket and the CFO addressing the issues at their earnings call and publicly stating what the issues were in the supply chain and they were working hard to fix them.

The CFO even went granular saying poor yields and substrate issues were a major contributor. They also gave a date of March where they thought supply would meet demand. Fantastic information and a time line for us to understand.

Two weeks after the AIB launch and we've heard no apologies from anyone at AMD or the AIB partners about their being absolutely no stock of 6800/6900 AIB cards in the retail channel. I'm on AMD facebook, AMD community and Sapphire Nation and if people thought I was ranting last week take a look on there. Pure vitriol. Again a classic failure by not addressing social media. And where's Frank Azor hiding? Surely as VP of Gaming he should be front and center dealing with these issues. All anyone's heard is he's "taking a leave of absence from Twitter" :lol:

So no apologies, no reasons why and no timeline from AMD on this matter. Having spoken to retailers they have no shipping dates or even prices. Look what Scan Computers UK say on their front page.."At this time we will not be taking pre-orders for (AMD) cards as we are unable to give any estimates on wait times." Riptide mentioned Micro Centre staff laughed when he mentioned availability of AMD cards. Something is definitely not right with this situation and one conclusion that could be drawn is AMD are covering up something more serious than just supply issues. Just my 2c's.

bill dennison Dec 11, 2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338251605)
Dont think AMD can do in 3 weeks what it took Nvidia 3 months to fix.

where have NV fixed it

you can't buy a NV card either at any store

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...vidia/rtx3080/

acroig Dec 11, 2020 01:38 PM

Bill from what I've seen on Falco there's been more stock of nV cards than Radeon cards. All of said stock goes in seconds but it is there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com