Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

BababooeyHTJ Mar 1, 2013 06:35 PM

I'll be water cooling my titan. :)

Dungeoncrawler Mar 2, 2013 02:58 AM

What a day. While installing my new proc, the tension mounting on the h100i always seems to be a little loose when sitting on top of the cpu. So anyway I'm trying to put the mini-usb plug into the h100i's pump but that retention bracket is up just enough where the mini-plug is hitting it and not letting it connect. Course I couldn't see that was the issue, I just though the connection is a little snug. Hence a small push, the whole damn mini-usb port disappears into the h100i pump assembly :eek: . Scratch one h100i kit :mad: . I swear, it was just a very gentle push and the thing just caved-in. What a day. I need a drink.

methimpikehoses Mar 2, 2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1337176782)
What a day. While installing my new proc, the tension mounting on the h100i always seems to be a little loose when sitting on top of the cpu. So anyway I'm trying to put the mini-usb plug into the h100i's pump but that retention bracket is up just enough where the mini-plug is hitting it and not letting it connect. Course I couldn't see that was the issue, I just though the connection is a little snug. Hence a small push, the whole damn mini-usb port disappears into the h100i pump assembly :eek: . Scratch one h100i kit :mad: . I swear, it was just a very gentle push and the thing just caved-in. What a day. I need a drink.

send it back. a small push should not destroy a usb port. corsair ought to replace that.

Dungeoncrawler Mar 2, 2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses (Post 1337176787)
send it back. a small push should not destroy a usb port. corsair ought to replace that.

Might send them an email to test the water?

update - problems continue; bad mobo burns my proc. Fortunately I can replace at microcenter. RMA already requested with evga for the motherboard. Basically back where I started at 2 days ago until evga fixes/replaces.

aviphysics Mar 4, 2013 09:21 PM

This is an old computer I built back in 2003 or early 2004. I mainly remember building it because my old computer outright refused to run Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. IIRC it had 4GB of RAM, HT P4 2.4 GHz, and a Radeon 9800 Pro and ran with little to no changes accept for an HD 2600XT a year before I got my current system.

One the funny peculiarity of the Vi7 motherboard was that despite it supporting HT, its FSB defaulted to the old 100 MHz instead of the 200 MHz that the FSB was supposed to run at for HT P4's were. If you bumped up the FSB to 200MHz, it cause faults in the HD. The power supply was also terribly inefficient.

I have always been really proud of the case though. It sure made the computer easy to carry to friend's houses for LAN parties. Didn't really help with lugging around the bulky CRT monitor though. I would really like to make a much cleaner version some day but it isn't likely to happen now that I don't drag my computer all over the place anymore.

Dungeoncrawler Mar 4, 2013 11:09 PM

^^ is that ati red I see? The 9800 pro is still one of the best cards I've ever owned. Course that was when Ruby was still a virgin :P

Dungeoncrawler Mar 5, 2013 06:59 AM

:lol: My whole problem was a GD fan header. I mistakenly had it plugged into the wrong 3-prong connector :nuts:

Hapatingjaky Mar 5, 2013 07:05 AM

My build has not gone well.... :bleh:

I'll post some pics in a couple of days when I get back into town. Sorta happy with the case, just not happy with the rest of the build.

aviphysics Mar 5, 2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1337179558)
^^ is that ati red I see? The 9800 pro is still one of the best cards I've ever owned. Course that was when Ruby was still a virgin :P

It is, as stated in the text. The whole system was ruined by that terrible MB though. A 1.2GHz P4 was really slow, even in 2003.

Does it bother anyone else that graphics cards mount upside down so you can't see how cool they look?

I believe it has something to do with the old ISA slots mounting component side up and then they decided to make PCI mount component side down so they could cram PCI and ISA into the same slot (of which the card would use either one or the other). Seems like they had the opportunity to fix that with PCI-e but didn't for whatever reason.

HyperNovae Mar 5, 2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1337179932)
It is, as stated in the text. The whole system was ruined by that terrible MB though. A 1.2GHz P4 was really slow, even in 2003.

Does it bother anyone else that graphics cards mount upside down so you can't see how cool they look?

I believe it has something to do with the old ISA slots mounting component side up and then they decided to make PCI mount component side down so they could cram PCI and ISA into the same slot (of which the card would use either one or the other). Seems like they had the opportunity to fix that with PCI-e but didn't for whatever reason.

This has irritated me for the longest that I can remember.

Dave Mar 5, 2013 09:54 PM

Abit motherboard :drool: I miss them :(

CurrentlyPissed Mar 5, 2013 10:04 PM

I'm still surprised there hasn't been a case designed where everythings flipped. I mean, other than flipping the mobo upside down. I don't see why it would be an issue? They could easily accodomate the expansion ports and IO in reroute on the backside.

CurrentlyPissed Mar 5, 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1337180603)

Really? I thought they were the bane of existence motherboards.

aviphysics Mar 6, 2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 1337180603)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337180622)

Either he is being sarcastic or he didn't read my post.

Ristogod Mar 6, 2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337180622)

Two of the best boards I ever owned were Abit boards.

Dave Mar 6, 2013 05:17 PM

Got my Coolermaster HAF XB in today, just got it all setup :drool:

So much better than the old case (silverstone raven rv01). Much easier to move around (read: lan parties)

Also: No more upgrades for me for a while lol. I must stop spent, so much on PC hardware in the last 2 months haha

Treeckcold57 Mar 6, 2013 06:13 PM

Dave, I'm curious how much does it weight at? (with installed components) like 50 lbs? In that picture looks kinda a little big box, but is it really actually small in person or not? I would like to know about it.

Sazar Mar 6, 2013 06:18 PM

Dang Dave, that is a much larger chassis than I thought it would be :runaway:

Dave Mar 6, 2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 (Post 1337181450)
Dave, I'm curious how much does it weight at? (with installed components) like 50 lbs? In that picture looks kinda a little big box, but is it really actually small in person or not? I would like to know about it.

I'd say about 35-40lb's. Case weighs 18lb by itself. my old case weighed 33lb's lol

aviphysics Mar 6, 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 (Post 1337181450)

It looks like they saved a lot in depth by moving the drive cages below the MB. Most systems are really deep so that you can put in the worlds longest optical drive in front of the MB.

Rearranging things to be layered where they can be and not designing for ridiculous components can save a ton of space.

BTW, I really like how that MB put a 1x PCIe slot at the top. Almost any other way they could have laid that out would have given less room for your GPU's to breath.

Dave Mar 6, 2013 07:23 PM

having the pci-e slot at the top has one of the reasons i went with this board.

CurrentlyPissed Mar 6, 2013 11:13 PM

That is a pretty neat case, I never knew it even existed.

Added some NZXT FZ series fans, and a 840 SSD for OS drive. Thought I'd take some pictures with the titan in..

HyperNovae Mar 7, 2013 04:52 PM

jesus.

Maverick123w Mar 7, 2013 07:15 PM

Sick rig pissed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AdamK47 Mar 7, 2013 09:54 PM

Performed just one minor upgrade since my last post.

aviphysics Mar 7, 2013 10:00 PM

@#$% and now we know why the prices are so high on this thing. Cause people like you are buying them 3 at a time.

Redeemed Mar 7, 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1337182633)
Performed just one minor upgrade since my last post.

Minor!?:hmm:

:lol:

Sazar Mar 7, 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337181773)
That is a pretty neat case, I never knew it even existed.

Added some NZXT FZ series fans, and a 840 SSD for OS drive. Thought I'd take some pictures with the titan in..

Where's the other shoe :runaway:

Progression Mar 8, 2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Whole foods, eh? :bleh:

aviphysics Mar 8, 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

He should put away his headphones where they belong.