Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Mass Effect Legendary Edition (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051792)

acroig Feb 4, 2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338266075)
it wasnt not feasable, they couldnt be bothered. They literally said in the interview that they would have to copy over everything manually by visuals because of the changes from ue3 to ue4 and they didnt want to pay someone to do that, when they could just copy the code directly and keep the engine in ue3.

i dont know if you have ever had to copy code manually from visuals alone, but not only does ue4 have tools for ease of doing that but its just a little time consuming and tedious, it isnt remotely difficult. They actually say in the interview that they dont want to put that much effort into the remaster.

They had a budget, it didn't allow for a total conversion to UE4.

xCLAVEx Feb 4, 2021 10:22 AM

Will wait for $30 or below sale. In no hurry, I never got on board with the ME bandwagon either way, couldn't play the first one beyond a few hours without getting bored. The inventory system and clunky combat just drove me nuts.

KAC Feb 4, 2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338266094)
Will wait for $30 or below sale. In no hurry, I never got on board with the ME bandwagon either way, couldn't play the first one beyond a few hours without getting bored. The inventory system and clunky combat just drove me nuts.

You missed out.

Nunz Feb 4, 2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338266077)
They had a budget, it didn't allow for a total conversion to UE4.

Budget? Could have surprised me considering they're charging a full $60. More like profit margin.

I understand "but it's 3 games" but let's be honest here .. instead of coming up with new content, developers are quickly becoming content with just re-releasing old **** with some new lighting and some higher resolution textures, and then expecting the consumer to throw the wallet.

The remaster makes more sense for those who didn't play the original like me, so I don't understand the hype for those who already own/played it. The comparisons so far look extremely mediocre; some upgraded illumination and textures is the bare ****ing minimum, and they're not asking some small $$ amount. Hopefully they even include ultra-wide support. The fact that they're still running it all on the ancient UE3 engine is a major blow; if they actually put some time into this we could have a completely badass remake/remaster that would be worthy of a $60 price tag.

If the big bonus is all the DLC, then call it a "Game of the Year" or "Gold Edition" instead of a remaster.

SirBaron Feb 4, 2021 10:50 AM

Skip to 3:05 if you want to get the slide comparisons.

Why would they call it a game of the year edition when it is a remaster?

They've changed the gameplay in the first one to match the two later games, they've revamped models, and replaced textures, even added stuff to scenes.

It might not be a demon souls level, but it's a remaster none the less.

Nunz Feb 4, 2021 10:59 AM

I was being a smartass with the Game of the Year comment, but I think you knew that :p

Some of those shots look better, hadn't seen all of those. Certainly better than some of the others I've seen. I get that the updates to ME3 will be less noticeable because it's a more recent/modern game, but much of the upgrade to the graphics is coming from the sharpness they added and lighting that isn't from 2003.

If they have ultra-wide support I'll probably buy it just so I can actually play through these games, but won't be day-1 for me.

SirBaron Feb 4, 2021 11:00 AM

it has ultrawide support.

Nunz Feb 4, 2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338266106)
it has ultrawide support.

Okay I'm in :bleh:

logical Feb 4, 2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338266104)

Skip to 3:05 if you want to get the slide comparisons.

Why would they call it a game of the year edition when it is a remaster?

They've changed the gameplay in the first one to match the two later games, they've revamped models, and replaced textures, even added stuff to scenes.

It might not be a demon souls level, but it's a remaster none the less.

This video shows a little more. There are a few more texture changes in a few scenarios and fire looks better as well.

It almost looks like someone took off the blur filter in the original game to finally let it shine.

OverclockN' Feb 4, 2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

instead of coming up with new content, developers are quickly becoming content with just re-releasing old **** with some new lighting and some higher resolution textures, and then expecting the consumer to throw the wallet.

The remaster makes more sense for those who didn't play the original like me, so I don't understand the hype for those who already own/played it.
Nah, bring on the remasters. Loving every minute of it. :drool:

Because of all these great remasters we're being showered with, I get to experience games I never got around to playing (and won't because they control or look like garbage now), or get to experience games I really enjoyed a 2nd time (but won't play because they control or look like garbage now).

Keep 'em coming, I say. There are still plenty of new games coming out for anyone looking for a totally new thing to play.

Exposed Feb 4, 2021 04:20 PM

They also finally added controller support. All it took was a remaster. :bleh:

JohnnyFlash Feb 4, 2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exposed (Post 1338266202)
They also finally added controller support. All it took was a remaster. :bleh:

Heresy.

Jimby Feb 4, 2021 07:24 PM

Game looks good, but will wait for the sales since I already own them.

Megaman Feb 4, 2021 07:39 PM

Ray tracing support?

Trunks0 Feb 4, 2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1338266109)
It almost looks like someone took off the blur filter in the original game to finally let it shine.

Yea they clearly swapped out the low quality blur filter original used. Looks much nicer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338266252)
Ray tracing support?

Nope. Likely way outside the budget to add that as it's just a slightly upgraded UE3 engine. But they have clearly overhauled the lighting, which has resulted in a nice improvement for some parts of the games.

Sundance Kid V2 Feb 4, 2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimby (Post 1338266250)
Game looks good, but will wait for the sales since I already own them.

same

A2597 Feb 5, 2021 09:34 AM

never played ME3, because everyone said the ending was terrible. I was invested enough after ME1 and 2 to leave it in my imagination as to how it ended.

May get this to replay ME1 with ME2 style though, and if mods work for a better ending...I'll consider it.

acroig Feb 5, 2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A2597 (Post 1338266334)
never played ME3, because everyone said the ending was terrible. I was invested enough after ME1 and 2 to leave it in my imagination as to how it ended.

May get this to replay ME1 with ME2 style though, and if mods work for a better ending...I'll consider it.

The ending wasn't terrible, just no happy ending option.

Exposed Feb 5, 2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338266337)

Try a different masseuse. Bazoink!

acroig Feb 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exposed (Post 1338266346)
Try a different masseuse. Bazoink!

🤣

JohnnyFlash Feb 5, 2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338266337)

This is really what the issue was. The gameplay and feel of 3 was incredible, the endings were just emotionally hard to take and that turned to anger. I know that's what happened to me looking back.

No spoilers for the newcomers in this thread, but on reflection I have no issue with the endings, the one I picked just hurt my soul. I will be buying this on release.

acroig Feb 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash (Post 1338266358)
This is really what the issue was. The gameplay and feel of 3 was incredible, the endings were just emotionally hard to take and that turned to anger. I know that's what happened to me looking back.

No spoilers for the newcomers in this thread, but on reflection I have no issue with the endings, the one I picked just hurt my soul. I will be buying this on release.

I agree with you, gameplay of 3 was awesome and the ending was not what one would wish for. Supposedly there is a DLC that makes the ending better?

logical Feb 5, 2021 11:33 AM

The last mission of ME3 was my issue and not the ending(even though that was terrible) The last mission in me3 wasnt as dynamic and epic as me2 and I expected that and so much more.

Trunks0 Feb 5, 2021 12:49 PM

Little more info on some of the changes. Kinda seems like ME1 is getting the biggest overhaul. Which makes sense, as it feels the most outta place now.

KAC Feb 6, 2021 12:09 AM

Did they fix the shemale in ME2?

alitayyab Feb 6, 2021 01:21 AM

No butts for you

https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-...he-butt-shots/

Higgy10 Feb 6, 2021 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1338266376)
The last mission of ME3 was my issue and not the ending(even though that was terrible) The last mission in me3 wasnt as dynamic and epic as me2 and I expected that and so much more.

ya both me1 and 2 and amazing final missions. The ending of me1 was my personal favourite

Destroy Feb 6, 2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alitayyab (Post 1338266566)

Woke and censored. Figures.

Mangler Feb 6, 2021 06:33 AM

Hmm, if they bothered to change stuff like that, then I really hope they took the time to fix some of the horrible animations from ME3.

That running animation from the opening sequence better not be in the legendary edition, and not being able to holster weapons better not be a thing, it's not like they can blame it on lack of memory.

And they should have done more with femshep, it still looks like something out of a advanced character editor while all the other major human characters are clearly based on real people.

SirBaron Feb 6, 2021 06:43 AM

Well I mean some of the angels were hilariously bad, and did EDI really need a camel toe?