Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Mass Effect Legendary Edition (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051792)

acroig Feb 8, 2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evileh (Post 1338267013)
Lol they lost the pinnacle station source code.. nice.

Yeah, sad.

xCLAVEx Feb 8, 2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338266993)
Pretty much. The inventory system alone is poop.

And they stated that they aren't doing much with the inventory, it will remain largely unchanged (at least in the first game).

acroig Feb 8, 2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338267027)
And they stated that they aren't doing much with the inventory, it will remain largely unchanged (at least in the first game).

I thought they were overhauling the inventory syatem...:(

DeathKnight Feb 8, 2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338267010)
Fixing clunky behavior or building in some needed quality of life is vastly different to removing the rpg aspect of the game.

Also on another note, the inventory in me1 while not amazing is way better than the bullshit ui and lack of inventory in me2.

It doesn't sound like they're axing the inventory system of ME1.
The once clumsy inventory system is now more in line with that of the PC version, and according to Walters features additional improvements that are designed to smooth away the rough edges without “tearing the whole thing down.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-ef...basic-remaster

JohnnyFlash Feb 8, 2021 08:45 PM

I would take fixed sniper rifles over inventory.

DeathKnight Feb 8, 2021 08:55 PM

More comparison stills:

theshadowcult Feb 8, 2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKnight (Post 1338267048)
More comparison stills:

[]

Thats the first video that actually showed me some imporvements. Even then though, Half those shots look better in the original and half look better in the leg ed.... Not exactly something worth 90 dollars (cause stralia)

Destroy Feb 8, 2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338267053)
Thats the first video that actually showed me some imporvements. Even then though, Half those shots look better in the original and half look better in the leg ed.... Not exactly something worth 90 dollars (cause stralia)

Yeah, totally agree. It really looks like mods you can download already.

I expect much more and better from a professional studio makeover.

ATI FURY-OUS Feb 9, 2021 02:51 AM

watched the comparison video, the original look better, all they are doing is making things more blurry, adding more shadow or lense flare on the "legendary". meh!

SirBaron Feb 9, 2021 03:23 AM

First you don't like anything except 2 games, and if anyone thinks the original looks better, I'd suggest emergency LASIK.

acroig Feb 9, 2021 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267087)
First you don't like anything except 2 games, and if anyone thinks the original looks better, I'd suggest emergency LASIK.

🤣

ATI FURY-OUS Feb 9, 2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267087)

others voiced the same opinion.

Flyordie Feb 9, 2021 08:02 AM

I am gonna have to say, I won't be picking this up. Too many editorial changes that bring it outside the scope of where the original game was. They spent more time on the "Ethics" changes than actually fixing broken or incomplete content.

The fact they'd rather focus their time and effort on "fixing" camera angles that focused on Miranda's ass than updating and actually aligning the end of the game to maybe tie into Mass Effect Andromeda or something like that goes to show they have lost touch with what would have benefited the series as a whole.

acroig Feb 9, 2021 08:06 AM

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...ry-edition-pc/

UFO Feb 9, 2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1338267112)
I am gonna have to say, I won't be picking this up. Too many editorial changes that bring it outside the scope of where the original game was. They spent more time on the "Ethics" changes than actually fixing broken or incomplete content.

The fact they'd rather focus their time and effort on "fixing" camera angles that focused on Miranda's ass than updating and actually aligning the end of the game to maybe tie into Mass Effect Andromeda or something like that goes to show they have lost touch with what would have benefited the series as a whole.

What EA is doing is making a "Star Trek remake", taking the old classics and adding some CGI which does zero to the actual content. Purpose is of course making as much money they can.

There are several "high resolution" texture packs for numerous old games out there. I never use them because I want the game to use the original art direction with what technology was available back then. Deus Ex has several high res texture packs but I never use them and Deus Ex is masterpiece without them.

The games industry is heading towards the movie industry which has totally stagnated. I liked the game industry because it was not politically controlled, full of interesting ideas and original content.

SirBaron Feb 9, 2021 09:52 AM

Well that's your taste if you want to play it as it came out originally, however I prefer to make a game look as good as possible, regardless of how old it is.

acroig Feb 9, 2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 1338267127)
The games industry is heading towards the movie industry which has totally stagnated. I liked the game industry because it was not politically controlled, full of interesting ideas and original content.

Is this is reference to Miranda's butt shots?

Higgy10 Feb 9, 2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267129)
Well that's your taste if you want to play it as it came out originally, however I prefer to make a game look as good as possible, regardless of how old it is.

there is some excellent mods for the games come pretty dam close to what ea wants to ram down our throats for more cash.

Things like ultrawide support and faster elevators were modded in already

"MEUITM is a large-scale texture overhaul mod that every Mass Effect player ought to install from the word Go. The mod author tackled everything from shadow maps to character textures, plus armors, clothing and more.

An Anniversary Edition of the mod was released in 2018 allowing customizable variant texture selection during the install process, some optimizations for Reshade users, and lighting touch-ups.:

theres a community patch and fix mod
improved mako mod
mod that converts the cutscenes to 1440p from 720p

acroig Feb 9, 2021 10:58 AM

So Higgy, you gonna link to those mods or what? :bleh:

Higgy10 Feb 9, 2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroig (Post 1338267133)
So Higgy, you gonna link to those mods or what? :bleh:

sure i can do that

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/top/

acroig Feb 9, 2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy10 (Post 1338267143)

Gracias! :)

SirBaron Feb 9, 2021 01:30 PM

Yeah but there's stuff they can't mod into the game, like level assets being added etc, proper controller support, changes to the game it self.

I will get this new version, and hope they mod that one instead for even better graphics :p.

mizzer Feb 9, 2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267163)

I will get this new version, and hope they mod that one instead for even better graphics :p.

I thought we weren’t giving in to scalpers.:bleh:

SirBaron Feb 9, 2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzer (Post 1338267166)
I thought we weren’t giving in to scalpers.:bleh:

well Unless scalpers can mod PS5's into PS5 Pro then I don't see the correlation. :p ;)

kboye Feb 9, 2021 05:33 PM

Not a fan of this remake. I played through the games on Xbox360, and was surprised how good the PC comparison shots looked. Think I'll rather replay that fully modded - thanks for sharing the link :heart:

theshadowcult Feb 9, 2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267163)
Yeah but there's stuff they can't mod into the game, like level assets being added etc, proper controller support, changes to the game it self.

That actually can be added through mods, but more importantly, while some areas are getting more assests in quantity, its nothing more than some random debris or more of the same assests being reused. Not only that, but that last video actually showed a couple scens where they simply REMOVED assests and didnt replace them.

mizzer Feb 9, 2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338267171)
well Unless scalpers can mod PS5's into PS5 Pro then I don't see the correlation. :p ;)

Doood, PC all the way!

acroig Feb 10, 2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzer (Post 1338267250)
Doood, PC all the way!

:masterrace: , hail!

acroig Feb 14, 2021 08:51 AM

https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-1-c...ndary-edition/

SirBaron Feb 15, 2021 10:56 AM