Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   AMD Radeon Discussion and Support (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Official Navi2x/6x00 series thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051860)

LordHawkwind Nov 25, 2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falck (Post 1338247515)
You're not a *true* AMD fan if you didn't buy the Radeon VII.

On that note, you want to buy a Radeon VII? :wink3: Lightly used, with box. Never mined or OC'ed!

Hey I did buy one and I can prove it. Bought it on Overclockers UK for 699 and then read the reviews and thought 'oh sh1t that fan noise' and managed to cancel it. So technically I did buy it :lol:

NIGELG Nov 25, 2020 07:00 PM

[quote=LordHawkwind;1338247476]
Quote:

Originally Posted by NIGELG (Post 1338247247)
People like you have been predicting and wishing for the death or decline of AMD for years now.

Have I now. OK. Let's play top trumps shall we. I'll go first with my last three GPU purchases.

1. Sapphire AIB AMD Fury R9.
2. Sapphire Reference Vega 64.
3. Sapphire Pulse AIB 5700XT.

I've even been trying to buy an AMD 6800 or 6800XT.

Current CPU is a Zen+ 2700 with an Asus AMD X470 motherboard.

Would you care to comment or try and trump me :bleh:

You have no patience. Wait until the sellers have stock. Is that so hard?

I don't know what is 'top trumps' nor am I interested in playing any game with you. Both AMD and Nvidia are having problems getting cards on the shelves and you know it .Why constantly whine about it?

KAC Nov 25, 2020 09:54 PM

What are prices of these AIBs? Seems no one knows the pricing.

Nascar24 Nov 25, 2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338247567)
What are prices of these AIBs? Seems no one knows the pricing.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=6800+XT

So much for being cheaper then the 3080, Seems there are more $800 then $700 like it should be.

pax Nov 25, 2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338247567)
What are prices of these AIBs? Seems no one knows the pricing.

About 1050$ to 1300$ here for aibs...

CAD :bleh:

Falck Nov 26, 2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247526)
Hey I did buy one and I can prove it. Bought it on Overclockers UK for 699 and then read the reviews and thought 'oh sh1t that fan noise' and managed to cancel it. So technically I did buy it :lol:

True I only wrote "buy". Should've written "owned over a period of x months". :bleh:

CyanBlues Nov 26, 2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338247569)
https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=6800+XT

So much for being cheaper then the 3080, Seems there are more $800 then $700 like it should be.


AIB prices are crazy :nuts:, might as well wait for 3080's.

KAC Nov 26, 2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascar24 (Post 1338247569)
https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=6800+XT

So much for being cheaper then the 3080, Seems there are more $800 then $700 like it should be.

Oh wow. I think I am very glad with my TUF 3080 for 749 w/ a decent overclock, runs cool and doesn't have cut down features. Am OK to sacrifice 3-6% raster performance for that in some hand picked games. Also got a free game with it. :nag:

TUF 6800XT is 809? 8% more expensive? Wtf?

Nagorak Nov 26, 2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyanBlues (Post 1338247583)
AIB prices are crazy :nuts:, might as well wait for 3080's.

Can't really blame them, to be honest. They've been struggling with AMD not having a high end card for years. Now that the getting is good, they understandably want to cash in.

All the cards will sell out anyway, so there's no need to price them well. The MSRP of the 3000 series is basically imaginary since they're not in stock anywhere at those prices anyway and the scalpers are charging hundreds more.

Sabadin Nov 26, 2020 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338247570)
About 1050$ to 1300$ here for aibs...

CAD :bleh:

I've seen as low as $850 Canuck bucks for the Sapphire 6800XT, there was no stock, but they did advertise that price.

Trunks0 Nov 26, 2020 03:52 AM

What Canadian shop had them available at all?

GSGRUNT Nov 26, 2020 05:17 AM

For years I thought the bearded guy on Hardware Unboxed was an AMD shill(Red Team Plus). Today's video changed my mind. He strait out said it is his opinion that AMD is "playing dirty".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk20IzZN-xk ~12:16

Seyiji Nov 26, 2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSGRUNT (Post 1338247601)
For years I thought the bearded guy on Hardware Unboxed was an AMD shill(Red Team Plus). Today's video changed my mind. He strait out said it is his opinion that AMD is "playing dirty".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk20IzZN-xk ~12:16

What a sham(e) :(*

I have the cash but with stock being the way it is and this price gouging from AMD the only winning move is not to p(l)ay :yep:

KAC Nov 26, 2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSGRUNT (Post 1338247601)
For years I thought the bearded guy on Hardware Unboxed was an AMD shill(Red Team Plus). Today's video changed my mind. He strait out said it is his opinion that AMD is "playing dirty".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk20IzZN-xk ~12:16

I have found him quite impartial in all his messaging since I started watching him.

pax Nov 26, 2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagorak (Post 1338247596)
Can't really blame them, to be honest. They've been struggling with AMD not having a high end card for years. Now that the getting is good, they understandably want to cash in.

All the cards will sell out anyway, so there's no need to price them well. The MSRP of the 3000 series is basically imaginary since they're not in stock anywhere at those prices anyway and the scalpers are charging hundreds more.

The only 3000's Im seeing available up here are the 3070 at 800$ CAD or the 3090 at 3000$.

So its shitshow all around.

pax Nov 26, 2020 10:54 AM

Man almost 2.8 ghz on the strix wc (2743 mhz).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...cooled/39.html


Quote:

Overclocking works really well on the ASUS RX 6800 XT STRIX OC LC. My jaw dropped when I passed the 2700 MHz boost setting in Radeon Settings, and it just kept on going and going. I almost maxed out the GPU frequency slider, which ends at 2800 MHz!

Increasing the power limit has no effect, the card already has enough power headroom at default.
Quote:

AMD RX 6800 2472 MHz 2140 MHz 197.2 FPS
AMD RX 6800 XT 2322 MHz 2140 MHz 219.8 FPS
AMD RX 6800 XT @ Max Power Limit 2572 MHz 2140 MHz 235.5 FPS
ASUS RX 6800 XT STRIX OC LC 2743 MHz 2140 MHz 248.5 FPS
PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil 2563 MHz 2140 MHz 235.1 FPS
Sapphire RX 6800 XT Nitro+ 2622 MHz 2140 MHz 237.5 FPS
They got a good oc on the nitro+ vs the red devil...

SuperGeil Nov 26, 2020 11:25 AM

That's a pretty significant increase in performance vs stock clocks.

bill dennison Nov 26, 2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338247631)
Man almost 2.8 ghz on the strix wc (2743 mhz).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...cooled/39.html






They got a good oc on the nitro+ vs the red devil...

and TPU didn't test it on a ryzen 5000 with SAM :nuts:

pax Nov 26, 2020 12:01 PM

One thing to mention is that many think theres only 1000 of the PC red devils being made. Its only 1000 of the special edition with the aluminium keycaps. They will make more without that hopefully for a bit less than 800$.

Leprechaun Nov 26, 2020 12:51 PM

So more than a 10% overclock? Doesn't this put it into the 6900xt territory?
Are the preliminary AIB prices staying as posted yesterday? If so this thing will cost a fortune

SuperGeil Nov 26, 2020 02:03 PM

3070 gets trounced by the 6800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braSQtZ3wR8

Higgy10 Nov 26, 2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGeil (Post 1338247665)
3070 gets trounced by the 6800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braSQtZ3wR8

ya ive noticed that as well, amd does really well in general at 1080p and 1440p. Thats kind of surprising to me

Gandalfthewhite Nov 26, 2020 04:18 PM

it is where the infinity cache shines. The hit rate for infinity cache is only like 53% at 4k at the other resolutions it is somewhere around 80%

bill dennison Nov 26, 2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite (Post 1338247698)
it is where the infinity cache shines. The hit rate for infinity cache is only like 53% at 4k at the other resolutions it is somewhere around 80%

maybe a 256MB of Infinity Cache for 4k next time

Gandalfthewhite Nov 26, 2020 04:54 PM

that is ALOT of die space that would be taken up. I think what is more likely is them actually using a combination of infinity cache and HBM2 (prices are way lower now than 2 years ago and will be even lower next year)

SuperGeil Nov 26, 2020 05:00 PM

More infinity cache is a given if they go chiplets.

bill dennison Nov 26, 2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite (Post 1338247704)
that is ALOT of die space that would be taken up. I think what is more likely is them actually using a combination of infinity cache and HBM2 (prices are way lower now than 2 years ago and will be even lower next year)

yea and i forgot Navi 3 is most likely MCM or chiplet so HBM is more likely
maybe something to do with xilinx

LordHawkwind Nov 26, 2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pax (Post 1338247631)
Man almost 2.8 ghz on the strix wc (2743 mhz).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...cooled/39.html

They got a good oc on the nitro+ vs the red devil...

Pax you can't buy these cards they're vapour ware :lol: Plus AMD are screwing the AIB's on chip prices so the card prices are insane. More expensive than a 3080 for less performance overall and pretty shite RT performance. AMD are heading for a big fall here TBH. The card is not worth the money they will go for at retail. The jacket is pi**ing his pants laughing at this debacle. Amazing how AMD have got so many things wrong TBH. After Nvidia's launch issues they had a massive advantage and fuc8ed it up. Sad.

LordHawkwind Nov 26, 2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGeil (Post 1338247665)
3070 gets trounced by the 6800.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braSQtZ3wR8

OK by the time you can buy a 6800 the 3070ti will be out and it will trounce the 6800. Currently AMD have no 6800 cards in the retail channel. They are officially non existent. When will they appear? Who knows. Maybe never if M$ and Sony have a say. Lisa Su said the 6800 would be out before the consoles so where are they? Missing in action maybe?

LordHawkwind Nov 26, 2020 06:06 PM

[quote=NIGELG;1338247544]
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordHawkwind (Post 1338247476)

You have no patience. Wait until the sellers have stock. Is that so hard?

I don't know what is 'top trumps' nor am I interested in playing any game with you. Both AMD and Nvidia are having problems getting cards on the shelves and you know it .Why constantly whine about it?

NigelG I called you out because you said I was anti AMD. I proved my credentials that I' m not anti AMD by posting my last GPU purchases and CPU. I even bought the Radeon VII briefly. I expected you to do the same but you didn't.

So you're calling me anti AMD. Really. So you own an AMD 580 and an Intel CPU OK. So I'm anti AMD and you're what? An MD fanboi? AMD is not your mother/father/brother/sister it's a corporate entity that has no persona that doesn't know who you are and doesn't like or dislike you. Get over it it's the same as Nvidia it's a company owned by shareholders who want to make profits so they can pay dividends. It's not a divine body :lol:

Take off the tinted glasses and see the world as it really is.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com