Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

dreamwalker Jan 20, 2008 08:07 AM

In Texas, you leave guns lying around on tables, eh? :bleh:

Debello Jan 20, 2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwalker (Post 1335320640)

I am just shocked there isnt a bottle of Jack Daniels next to it. The AA meetings are held in local bars in Texas also :D

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 08:17 AM

well allow me to oblige your request:)

it was on the table, because thats where i took it out of its holster

Debello Jan 20, 2008 09:41 AM

Here is a couple pics of my Media Center/File server. One of these days I need to clean up the wiring or better yet replaced the PIDE raid with a SATA Raid. Currently it is weighing in at 2TB storage which 1.2TB of it is in a Raid 5.

Sorry no guns or Jack Daniels laying around.

caveman-jim Jan 20, 2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traitoR (Post 1335320526)
Really nice case caveman, i`d of probably bought one as well for that price... i thought paying 49.99 plus the 20 bucks for shipping with my 900 was good. :bleh:

You did a nice clean install :up: How are your temps ? Did they improve ?

What syntax do you use to center your pics...? :p

Haven't fired it up yet, will do so today and report back.

To center pics use the [center]stuff to be centered[/center] tags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335320583)
yes, we are all sure the pink one is your wifes, yes. :bleh:

:lol: jealous? c'mon, show us your wifes pink bits! :lol: :evil: :runaway:

edit - Debello, needs moar cables :bleh2: :lol:

caveman-jim Jan 20, 2008 05:37 PM

OK, temps are a little better for CPU core (1-4C across the cores), tCase is much better (about 5C lower), PWM is better by ~3C, system temp is down 2-3C as well. Hard drives are much cooler, but haven't loaded them up yet.

Noise is quieter than previous, despite increasing the number of fans. The whine of the 2900XT is gone, muffled by the case. I hear the fans (all set on high) but its not intrusive and less audible than before. I can't hear the corsair psu at all, as before.

Dr. Zhivago Jan 20, 2008 05:53 PM

I think you need a bigger CPU cooler, Caveboy. The one you got is kinda whimpy... :bleh2:

moshpit Jan 20, 2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamwalker (Post 1335320640)

Yes, we do :p

caveman-jim Jan 20, 2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Zhivago (Post 1335321148)
I think you need a bigger CPU cooler, Caveboy. The one you got is kinda whimpy... :bleh2:

It was $5, I ain't complaining.

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 06:26 PM

you live in texas mosh?

moshpit Jan 20, 2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmm_Beefy (Post 1335321189)
you live in texas mosh?

Right in the heart of Texas. Just outside of Austin, in Round Rock. I love it here.

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshpit (Post 1335321199)
Right in the heart of Texas. Just outside of Austin, in Round Rock. I love it here.

we should get together and go shooting sometime! i'll bring the jack;)
i live in houston.. wife works for Continental airlines though... wouldnt cost me jack to fly up;)

Dr Gonzo Jan 20, 2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmm_Beefy (Post 1335320650)

HA, a couple of guns and a near empty bottle of JD next to a giant pink case with a pink folder :P

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 1335321220)
HA, a couple of guns and a near empty bottle of JD next to a giant pink case with a pink folder :P

heh the real funny part is.. the pink case is my wifes.. and so is the beretta 92F on the left.. and shes a good shot.. i wouldnt tease her about her pink case;)

Debello Jan 20, 2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmm_Beefy (Post 1335321238)
heh the real funny part is.. the pink case is my wifes.. and so is the beretta 92F on the left.. and shes a good shot.. i wouldnt tease her about her pink case;)

It would be funnier if the case was yours and the wiskey/guns where hers :p

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 07:48 PM

heh, nope.. she hates whiskey.. but man, can she pound down the tequila.. almost as good as me with jack daniels:)

dreamwalker Jan 20, 2008 07:53 PM

You guys are nuts :D

rtangwai Jan 20, 2008 08:21 PM

Since nearly everybody was on my case about my desk clutter, here's a new pair of pictures with my third Samsung 931c SyncMaster installed and most of the crap removed:

Here is a slightly different perspective with a new wallpaper - a volunteer at my work suggested that now that Nicole Kidman is pregnant I needed a new subject (he's obviously never seen Demi Moore's mag layout :D ):

For some reason I can't figure out it was far easier to find three vertical pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt than horizontal pictures. With Nicole Kidman it was the reverse. No rude comments please ;)

As you can see, the most annoying aspect of my setup is that the upper row of monitors are set farther back than the lower row. The reason for that is simple - they sit on three milk crates (no, I'm not studying in university anymore :rolleyes: ). I've looked at various vertical mounts that would allow me to set up all the monitors properly - every one of mine has VESA mounts in the back so it is possible, but I need three of them and at an average of $250 each that's darn close to how much I paid for all the monitors in the first place. I find the milk crates far more economical :p Most of the time I don't mind simply because I multitask so each window normally has a process running and not overlapping between windows. My next upgrade will probably involve a quadcore Q6600 :eek:

Had to change my video card setup due to the newest Catalyst drivers. I am now running an X1950Pro 256MB, an X300 128MB, and an X300 32MB w/HyperMemory. My previous setup with an Asus X1800XL, X800 Crossfire Master, and X300 128MB was having problems with certain 3D video games like Darkstar One and with the [email protected] GPU client. They seem to be related to multimonitor since the games work fine if I disable the second and third video cards. Fortunately for me my wife plays mostly Neverwinter Nights I/II so she doesn't notice the difference in cards when I switch and she strongly objects to more than two monitor on her desk :cool:

SSXeon Jan 20, 2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmm_Beefy (Post 1335320650)

The Glock 19 is sweet (atleast looks like a 19 could be a 17) but i hate berettas, i want more pics of your clock lol. I really wana get a USP expert .45 one day, those guns are pure sex. Sorry for OT. +REP. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshpit (Post 1335321156)

Yes, we do :p

Nice .357 Magnum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtangwai (Post 1335321300)

NICE! She was sooo hot in that sh*tty garfield movie. :lol:

moshpit Jan 20, 2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335321310)
Nice .357 Magnum?

.41 Mag, Ruger Redhawk.

Mmm_Beefy Jan 20, 2008 09:09 PM

erm.. thats not a glock:) the letters dont come white like that.. i did that.. with crayola.. a year ago.. after 10k+ rounds down range the crayon job is still holding up nicely.. but it does need some touching up lol.

SSXeon Jan 21, 2008 01:08 AM

Ahh nice looked like a glock. ;) Nice stuff. Thats a 9mm right?

Mmm_Beefy Jan 21, 2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335321643)
Ahh nice looked like a glock. ;) Nice stuff. Thats a 9mm right?

yup.. i'm tempted to get the .45 version. their good guns once you get used to the pretravel in the trigger..
damn reliable too:)

DaJMasta Jan 21, 2008 01:55 AM

My desktop in it's home.

And the new lapping job on the CPU:

I know there's little scuffs near the edges.... that's the remnants of the nickel plating on the top of it. You wouldn't believe how far I had to go to actually get it level, when I first started going it was immediately obvious where the high spots were as the copper started showing through there first.

Dr Gonzo Jan 21, 2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmm_Beefy (Post 1335321238)

Not knocking the case, merely the juxtaposition. What is that case BTW?

Mmm_Beefy Jan 21, 2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo (Post 1335321697)
Not knocking the case, merely the juxtaposition. What is that case BTW?

what? her computer case?
its this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811226025

Deaderinred Jan 21, 2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtangwai (Post 1335321300)
Since nearly everybody was on my case about my desk clutter, here's a new pair of pictures with my third Samsung 931c SyncMaster installed and most of the crap removed:

Here is a slightly different perspective with a new wallpaper - a volunteer at my work suggested that now that Nicole Kidman is pregnant I needed a new subject (he's obviously never seen Demi Moore's mag layout :D ):

For some reason I can't figure out it was far easier to find three vertical pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt than horizontal pictures. With Nicole Kidman it was the reverse. No rude comments please ;)

As you can see, the most annoying aspect of my setup is that the upper row of monitors are set farther back than the lower row. The reason for that is simple - they sit on three milk crates (no, I'm not studying in university anymore :rolleyes: ). I've looked at various vertical mounts that would allow me to set up all the monitors properly - every one of mine has VESA mounts in the back so it is possible, but I need three of them and at an average of $250 each that's darn close to how much I paid for all the monitors in the first place. I find the milk crates far more economical :p Most of the time I don't mind simply because I multitask so each window normally has a process running and not overlapping between windows. My next upgrade will probably involve a quadcore Q6600 :eek:

Had to change my video card setup due to the newest Catalyst drivers. I am now running an X1950Pro 256MB, an X300 128MB, and an X300 32MB w/HyperMemory. My previous setup with an Asus X1800XL, X800 Crossfire Master, and X300 128MB was having problems with certain 3D video games like Darkstar One and with the [email protected] GPU client. They seem to be related to multimonitor since the games work fine if I disable the second and third video cards. Fortunately for me my wife plays mostly Neverwinter Nights I/II so she doesn't notice the difference in cards when I switch and she strongly objects to more than two monitor on her desk :cool:

that middle top monitor looks like it needs its colour properly calibrating to the rest of them, but apart form that i want to be your wife.

logical Jan 21, 2008 02:02 PM

Added another monitor:

Deaderinred Jan 21, 2008 02:18 PM

i see you set your surround sound speakers correctly. :bleh:

logical Jan 21, 2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335322265)
i see you set your surround sound speakers correctly. :bleh:

Buy me some stands for them and I will make it so they are done properly..:)