Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

moshpit Jan 21, 2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1335322285)
Buy me some stands for them and I will make it so they are done properly..:)

Meh, don't sweat it, I have mine setup the exact same way :p

logical Jan 21, 2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshpit (Post 1335322287)
Meh, don't sweat it, I have mine setup the exact same way :p

Doesnt bother me I usually have my headset on anyway...:)

Deaderinred Jan 21, 2008 03:00 PM

ill give you my two stands for one of your monitors. :bleh:

logical Jan 21, 2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335322317)
ill give you my two stands for one of your monitors. :bleh:

They better be 2 stands made out of platinum and we got a deal!:D

rtangwai Jan 21, 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335322069)
that middle top monitor looks like it needs its colour properly calibrating to the rest of them, but apart form that i want to be your wife.

I've tried calibrating it a couple of times, can't seem to get it right - partly because it is a SyncMaster 931c 6bit and the monitor below it is a L90D+ 8bit.

Why do you want to be my wife - you like to nag too? :) Actually, she dislikes those wallpapers so much the only time *I* get to see them is when I'm in the forums!

oasked Jan 22, 2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtangwai (Post 1335322894)
the monitor below it is a L90D+ 8bit.

Its a 6bit TN panel. :p

Deaderinred Jan 22, 2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtangwai (Post 1335322894)
Why do you want to be my wife - you like to nag too? :) Actually, she dislikes those wallpapers so much the only time *I* get to see them is when I'm in the forums!

so i can be in the same room as all those monitors all the time, dont worry i swallow.

rtangwai Jan 22, 2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335323489)
so i can be in the same room as all those monitors all the time, dont worry i swallow.

So does she :D My wife has a completely different attitude towards monitors - she prefers one huge monitor over multiple smaller ones because she hates the bezels. I'm debating between a 24" ($300 after rebate) and a 28" ($530) for her to replace her twin 18" Dell LCDs - she tested a 24" Samsung she liked but it was faulty and we sent it back.

-n7- Feb 9, 2008 02:33 AM

1337 cooling y0!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Taman Linkin Feb 9, 2008 09:06 AM

Mine. Nothing special. Just moved to new place. CM690 case coming soon, Centurion 534 is too small to hide the messy black worms.

VW_Factor Feb 9, 2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -n7- (Post 1335346748)
1337 cooling y0!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wtf is that? Useless..

CR2500 Feb 9, 2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1335346996)
wtf is that? Useless..

The 4th fan in front of the video card does not help with anything cause the GPU heatsink is covered by a shroud
-n7- should just get another set of fan clips and turn that TRUE into a push-pull config.

VW_Factor Feb 9, 2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CR2500 (Post 1335347136)
The 4th fan in front of the video card does not help with anything cause the GPU heatsink is covered by a shroud
You should just get another set of fan clips and turn that TRUE into a push-pull config.

Um.. what?

How is me getting fan clips going to help anything with this piece of **** fan setup? :lol:

Edit : I guess you think that pic somehow belongs to me. :lol: Yeah, otherwise.

Capt Obvious to the rescue!!

JesterOnYer6 Feb 9, 2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

wtf is that? Useless..

Such a nice fellow you are....

ScottDoom Feb 9, 2008 03:56 PM

Here's how I have it set up in the new apartment. Back at the house I had all my cables tied to the back of the desk. I may get around to it someday here...

-n7- Feb 9, 2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

wtf is that? Useless..

You'd be very wrong.

The two twist-tied fans are not for cooling the video card or CPU.

Video card is quite fine for temps, & my TRUE handles the CPU temps fine as well.

The one to the angle is cooling the RAM & surrounding area, & the lower hanging one is cooling the NB heatsink.

MB temps drop 20C just by having that lower fan running, which means that first off, the sensor is in a poor location, but secondly, that it does help hugely for cooling the NB.

I am messing around with OCing my 4x2 GB RAM right now, & both the RAM & NB get scorching hot, so i added those fans, which help enormously.

VW_Factor Feb 9, 2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -n7- (Post 1335347444)
You'd be very wrong.

The two twist-tied fans are not for cooling the video card or CPU.

Video card is quite fine for temps, & my TRUE handles the CPU temps fine as well.

The one to the angle is cooling the RAM & surrounding area, & the lower hanging one is cooling the NB heatsink.

MB temps drop 20C just by having that lower fan running, which means that first off, the sensor is in a poor location, but secondly, that it does help hugely for cooling the NB.

I am messing around with OCing my 4x2 GB RAM right now, & both the RAM & NB get scorching hot, so i added those fans, which help enormously.

That is your setup?! Here I thought you were picking on someone elses stuff. Otherwise, Im sorry.

And no, I did not just first assume that you were attempting to cool your CPU and video card better. Thanks for assuming anyway though.

There are much better ways, and better looking to get the same effect you have there with twist ties and.. Just.. Well fans hanging around. The time you spend in your RAM and testing, could be put elsewhere for more effective and better looking "case management". Especially with the sidepanel options you have for your case. Better looking and overall quieter and more effective cooling. :up:

-n7- Feb 10, 2008 01:22 AM

Eh, i posted the pic mainly since it looks so bad it's funny. :D

And i like seeing people's ghetto cooling setups, though apparently not many like the same kinda thing here. :p

I move things around/upgrade far too much to bother with pretty cable management & fancily organized components :)

VW_Factor Feb 10, 2008 02:42 AM

I would suggest the sidepanel with the large fan in the window. Plenty of airflow provided, without the hassle of the extra fans hanging around in the case.
(Given that you have that option with your ThermalTake case). It may even make your job easier during upgrading and reconfiguring, as you wouldnt have to deal with those pesky fans just hangin around. :)

junglist1996 Feb 10, 2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -n7- (Post 1335347718)
And i like seeing people's ghetto cooling setups, though apparently not many like the same kinda thing here. :p

My own DIY active cooling for the RAM previously posted in here. :lol:

Dr Gonzo Feb 10, 2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottDoom (Post 1335347279)
Here's how I have it set up in the new apartment. Back at the house I had all my cables tied to the back of the desk. I may get around to it someday here...

Ahh nice to see another Aurora, such a good case that would be almost perfect if you could mount the HDDs backwards.

VW_Factor Feb 10, 2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglist1996 (Post 1335347775)
My own DIY active cooling for the RAM previously posted in here. :lol:

Ive previously used this myself.

I used a dremel, and made a "dummy stick" of RAM to attach it too. I was able to attach the dummy ram (no fingers into the slot) to the RAM slot, and have the fan directly over the sticks. It was an ok solution for what I had going at the time.

Later after the sidepanels with the 250mm fans were released by themselves for the Thermaltake cases, I bought one and no longer had a need for the fan over the RAM. In fact, it made a hot spot. The sidepanel as well, helped (as we know air through the fan "fans out" a bit) as well, with getting the chipset (which was of course under SLI'd video cards) more needed airflow.

I was able to ditch a directed fan I had hidden in the front bays to help direct flow to the chipset, and the active RAM fan, and overall things were cooler and quieter as a result.

Im not sure if I have pictures of what I had going, but at any rate, I know how you feel with keeping RAM cool, as I had previously had some issues with just that. Ended up running my OCZ's naked after testing they were more stable that way (imagine that.. lol)

Edit : This is a very old pic, however gives an idea of the setup I had. (in fact a totally different motherboard), but it had a similar arrangement..

Mmm_Beefy Feb 10, 2008 06:22 PM

i dunno how i ended up with it.. but my whole pc light scheme is blue. all my fans and even my external HDD casing (Vantec), my fan controller on my case.. and my saitek defaults to blue on boot up, so i've got to where i just leave it set to blue.

i didnt set out for it to be like that, but it is.. if i had my LED 9700 Zalman in this case.. its blue too i think.. its in my server though hehe.

VW_Factor Feb 10, 2008 06:28 PM

Blue just seems more computerish too me, than any other colors. Unless of course, you get into those wild case mods where another color is required to fit a certain scheme (like that Doom3 case mod or whatever).

Lupine Feb 10, 2008 10:43 PM

My too big for the desktop desktop.

junglist1996 Feb 11, 2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1335348390)
I used a dremel, and made a "dummy stick" of RAM to attach it too. I was able to attach the dummy ram (no fingers into the slot) to the RAM slot, and have the fan directly over the sticks. It was an ok solution for what I had going at the time.

Interesting way to keep the RAM cool. :up:

clerick Feb 11, 2008 10:33 PM

Dungeoncrawler Feb 12, 2008 09:51 PM

Dc

ps. You just can't see the ps3 :)

aop Feb 15, 2008 11:48 AM

My secondary PC I just "finished" less than one hour ago:

Outside:

Inside:

So I bought a mITX mobo with inegrated 1.2GHz Conroe-based Celeron. Previous tenant of this apartment had left that box lying around so I just couldn't resist it :evil:.

It's still lacking some stuff like power-button :bleh:.

Deaderinred Feb 15, 2008 11:56 AM

aop, you are a god among men.