Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

moshpit May 15, 2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335461478)
O ic, makes sence then. Thought it was going into a cluster of servers, cool man must be a f*cken awsome job!

I'm really loving it. I get to do all the new builds, repairs, and testing of parts for future use in one of our models. I spend 80% of my time in the lab and about 20% on the phone doing support. This is alot more fun then the consulting I was doing before this, doesn't quite pay as well, but is far more steady work and a garunteed paycheck ;)

I have a build order for next week consisting of 36 machines. Thank god that all of them are using the smaller chassis instead of that beast I posted :p

Arc_Angel May 19, 2008 04:55 PM



Specs on left <-- :p

ultimadrift May 20, 2008 09:30 PM


Got fed up with my Antec 900 case :D

Replaced the NB fan with this! because it was too loud and small

SSXeon May 20, 2008 11:08 PM

Nice Specs Please!!!! (caps but rage changes it) bleh

Treeckcold57 May 21, 2008 09:00 PM

Cool...I probably need some money to build a server for backup.

Medion Jun 2, 2008 04:27 PM

My new system, specs to the left :)

http://antithesisguild.net/forums/at...5&d=1212439625

EDIT - Won't let me post images, click the link.

jimmyboy Jun 4, 2008 07:50 PM

The first incarnation of the Copper Queen. Only partially assembled, in an Antec SuperLANboy case:

Check out the copper heat sinks everywhere! :drool:

(still need to put one on the RAID card)


traitoR Jun 4, 2008 08:46 PM

I thought the Kama Wing`s went on like this, wonder if it makes any difference ?

Nice butterfly, :p Post more pics. :up: BTW, which processor did you end up with ?



jimmyboy Jun 4, 2008 10:28 PM

Spiffy set-up you got there! What kind of CPU sink is that? That's no moon...it's a space station! :eek:

I like that Duo Orb or whatever it's called, on the video card. I would have used that if my card didn't already come with a killer copper heat sink.
Quote:

Originally Posted by traitoR (Post 1335486700)
I thought the Kama Wing`s went on like this, wonder if it makes any difference ?

I don't know for sure. I just installed them in the direction of the airflow through the case, which is front to back. Made sense to me, but I don't know if there's a preferred way they're supposed to be installed. :confused: The limited instructions on the package don't say anything about it.

Also, I didn't use the thermal pads they included. I just used Arctic Silver on the RAM chips, then put the sinks right on top. Did you have trouble with the clips being a bit too loose?
Quote:

Nice butterfly,

:p
You know it! :heart:
Quote:

Post more pics. :up: BTW, which processor did you end up with ?
I got an E4400, for about $50. It has a high multiplier setting, so I should be able to overclock with the FSB, even if the stock multiplier setting doesn't allow a high OC. That's the thought, anyway.

More pics in next post.

jimmyboy Jun 4, 2008 10:35 PM

Absolutely wonderful shot of the mainboard. It's an Asus P5WDG2-WS Pro.



Various parts before installation:



Antec SuperLANboy. This thing's about as light as air! :eek: :drool:



Oops, how'd this one end up here... :confused:


traitoR Jun 4, 2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy (Post 1335486837)
Spiffy set-up you got there! What kind of CPU sink is that? That's no moon...it's a space station! :eek:

It`s not really that big probably the dual fans which make it look bigger, Thermalright Ultima, which is a smaller heatsink. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy (Post 1335486837)
I like that Duo Orb or whatever it's called, on the video card. I would have used that if my card didn't already come with a killer copper heat sink.

Ya, the DuOrb would look good in your rig with all that copper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy (Post 1335486837)
I don't know for sure. I just installed them in the direction of the airflow through the case, which is front to back. Made sense to me, but I don't know if there's a preferred way they're supposed to be installed. :confused: The limited instructions on the package don't say anything about it.

Also, I didn't use the thermal pads they included. I just used Arctic Silver on the RAM chips, then put the sinks right on top. Did you have trouble with the clips being a bit too loose?
You know it! :heart:

LOL, those instructions are horrible, :lol: i was wondering if you would say anything, i had a hard time figuring out what exactly to do, as dumb as that sounds. :nuts: I used the thermal pads, don`t know if i could get away without using them, my ram is single sided stuff, i guess i could of used the pads as filler on the one side and just went with a direct contact, that probably would be the best anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy (Post 1335486837)
I got an E4400, for about $50. It has a high multiplier setting, so I should be able to overclock with the FSB, even if the stock multiplier setting doesn't allow a high OC. That's the thought, anyway.

If they still overclock as good as my E4300 does you should hit 3 Ghz anyways. :up: Here`s the old girl here, i only run her at 2.4 now ...Mobo aint exactly highend, still a fairly competent machine with the 1950 Pro and 2 Gigs of ram though.



SSXeon Jun 5, 2008 04:08 PM

Nice rigs guys!

ultimadrift Jun 5, 2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyboy (Post 1335486848)
Oops, how'd this one end up here... :confused:


Is Jessica Alba part of your rig? :hmm:

jimmyboy Jun 5, 2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimadrift (Post 1335487704)
Is Jessica Alba part of your rig? :hmm:

:yes:

Jessica Alba is my PC case. I hollowed 'er out and everything dropped in just fine. Only problem is that it's soooo hot that no amount of copper is gonna cool this one down. :drool: A side benefit is that now my PC accompanies me to dinner, movies, and anywhere else.

1madman1 Jun 7, 2008 08:06 PM

Yet another updated pic:



A very incomplete history:

04/01
02/04
10/04 -1
10/04 - 2
11/05 - 1
11/05 - 2
01/07 - 1
01/07 - 2

ultimadrift Jun 8, 2008 02:01 AM

That is a REALLY neat room

Deaderinred Jun 8, 2008 04:31 AM

too neat.. its obviously a showroom, plus there is a mac in the room too. :bleh:

1madman1 Jun 8, 2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaderinred (Post 1335490565)
too neat.. its obviously a showroom, plus there is a mac in the room too. :bleh:

What's wrong with Macs? :bleh:

clerick Jun 8, 2008 02:22 PM

I did the unspeakable to the tuniq tower!

Deaderinred Jun 8, 2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1madman1 (Post 1335490580)
What's wrong with Macs? :bleh:

fishcakes.

Renocide Jun 8, 2008 08:52 PM

New laptop and things...
 
After the past couple of years dealing with the summer weather downstairs where there is no air conditioning I decided to take some drastic measures this time around...

I went looking for laptops that could play PC games in decent resolution without blowing up and initially purchased a Alienware before canceling over concerns with quality and went with a Sager instead.

Then I didn't feel like dragging my entire desk into the formal livingroom where I would have to game now so I purchased a small suspended desk and a new FANG to replace my MERC and a new Logitech G7 to replace my Razer Deathadder. Then I decided I needed a new headset and went with the Steelseries 5H.

Here's how it looks where I game now...






The little desk is on casters so I can roll it around to where I want to game!!

HAHA! I love it! Nice and cool and the laptop is nice and powerful.

Deaderinred Jun 9, 2008 10:28 AM

your living room confuses me.

acidosmosis Jun 9, 2008 12:47 PM

I used to get all into the modding and souping up my computer deal. Then I realized that no one looks at my computer (not even me usually), that I was spending too much money doing it and that really for example, a $60 heatsink on top of my processor didn't really do anything for me. So now I just buy the hardware I want to make it work and that's it. :D

But, I still like the way they look. Just don't wanna spend the money doing it to my own. :lol:

Deaderinred Jun 9, 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidosmosis (Post 1335491931)
I used to get all into the modding and souping up my computer deal. Then I realized that no one looks at my computer (not even me usually), that I was spending too much money doing it and that really for example, a $60 heatsink on top of my processor didn't really do anything for me. So now I just buy the hardware I want to make it work and that's it. :D

But, I still like the way they look. Just don't wanna spend the money doing it to my own. :lol:

thats what women say when they get married.

Yosh70 Jun 9, 2008 01:32 PM

My new (read used) desk with a few new goodies also....see sig.


caveman-jim Jun 13, 2008 08:02 PM

looks nice! :up: how do you find having your mouse and keyboard at different level? It would drive me crazy, or at least aggravate my wrist.

mrk1283 Jun 13, 2008 08:31 PM







:eek: :evil:

ultimadrift Jun 13, 2008 10:22 PM

Its nice you keep the internals of your PC clean...but look at that cluster of wires you have behind it lol

nycdarkness Jun 13, 2008 11:46 PM

Just built another pc today out of spare parts i had laying around. Need to get a new psu and a new cooler though. >> Was bored.

Yosh70 Jun 14, 2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman-jim (Post 1335497418)
looks nice! :up: how do you find having your mouse and keyboard at different level? It would drive me crazy, or at least aggravate my wrist.

On my old desk it was the same way.....if I didnt have the keyboard tray, the mouse and keyboard would be at the same level. I also have my chair a bit higher too so that the monitor is at eye level rather than looking up at it.
No wrist ache for me, the gel pad on the mouse pad seems to alleviate any such
problems.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com