Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Greasy Jan 22, 2009 10:14 AM

Oh, that is nice. Very sweet rig you have there. :drool:

Sound_Card Jan 27, 2009 10:12 PM

GF let me use her camera. :D







shots of 360 rig...




SSXeon Jan 27, 2009 10:16 PM

Nice pink controller. (i hope thats your GFs) :lol:

PS get on steam you nub.

Sound_Card Jan 27, 2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335775673)
Nice pink controller. (i hope thats your GFs) :lol:

:p
I love it too.

EDIT, it's not my GF's. Was given to me for christmas.

Payne3d Jan 28, 2009 10:59 AM

sound_card, you are doing it wrong.
The powersupply is in the wrong place.

Sound_Card Jan 28, 2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payne3d (Post 1335776162)
sound_card, you are doing it wrong.
The powersupply is in the wrong place.

:hmm: psu is in the right place.

Darklord215 Jan 28, 2009 09:17 PM

Old rig, new setup.






Sound_Card Jan 28, 2009 09:44 PM

Pretty flashy. I don't really dig that stuff, but I like yours.

SSXeon Jan 29, 2009 12:14 AM

Seriously awsome setup! Whats that thing to the left, i want one. :)

Darklord215 Jan 31, 2009 02:39 AM

Thanks guys. And the thing on the left is a "Laserpod".

http://www.laserpod.com/introduction.asp

jima13 Feb 9, 2009 04:19 PM

Setup the new display over the weekend, now I just need to finish the new box and move it up here :)


VVanks Feb 9, 2009 05:24 PM


Flyordie Feb 11, 2009 01:51 AM


becco Feb 11, 2009 02:11 AM

new stuff inside:
- Q9550
- Asus P5Q Pro


caveman-jim Feb 12, 2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sound_Card (Post 1335775671)
GF let me use her camera. :D


Are you sure that's what she meant when she said 'Hey, lets take some pics!' ? :lol:

Jokerzwild Feb 14, 2009 04:52 PM

Alright fellas, after many hardware changes and blown parts my pc is finally done for this generation I hope (now that this gen is coming to a close :() . This is what I'm gonna keep for at least the next year. I put lots of work (and love :heart:) into this little guy and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the outcome :). Runs awesome, really. I've been into computers for years and years and I'm more proud of this setup than any other I've had.

It sucks balls compared to a lot you you lucky SOB's setups but it's the best I could do with getting a part here and a part there with as much extra money I could get away with spending.

Lol, I just realized that my new ram is Crucial Ballistix, I've said it was Dominator a couple of times here I think :lol:. Oh well, it works good no matter what it's called.






And here's a pic of my son's pc. I had put my HD4850 in it last weekend but he said he wanted the 9800gt back in. He says that it's the same as my card, but the kids version and he wants his pc to be like mine :D. Honestly I don't know what to do with the 4850 right now, it's a waste in my wife's pc because no games ever get played on it and this other spare parts pc I've been building for my daughters only has a A64 in it, that would hold it back pretty good, and again not much gaming gonna be going on there. I might throw it up for sale, but I know as soon as I get rig of it I'll wish I hadn't.



Maybe I'll post pics of my other two pc's also, but they're kinda boring :p.

caveman-jim Feb 14, 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1335795966)
Honestly I don't know what to do with the 4850 right now,

cough

Meteor_of_War Feb 15, 2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1335795966)
Lol, I just realized that my new ram is Crucial Ballistix, I've said it was Dominator a couple of times here I think :lol:. Oh well, it works good no matter what it's called.

Good luck with that Ballistix RAM. They are like the Xbox 360 of memory modules right now, destined to fail on you. I just recently had to RMA mine after 8 months. Started getting BSOD and freezing due to the RAM failing. So I switched to G.Skill and now I have this new Ballistix they sent me just sitting here on my desk.

If you bought yours recently you probably have the version 2 Ballistix which are supposed to be better but by reading the customer reviews on Newegg they seem to fail a lot as well. I wish you luck with them though.

Quickstrike Feb 15, 2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1335796537)
Good luck with that Ballistix RAM. They are like the Xbox 360 of memory modules right now, destined to fail on you. I just recently had to RMA mine after 8 months. Started getting BSOD and freezing due to the RAM failing. So I switched to G.Skill and now I have this new Ballistix they sent me just sitting here on my desk.

If you bought yours recently you probably have the version 2 Ballistix which are supposed to be better but by reading the customer reviews on Newegg they seem to fail a lot as well. I wish you luck with them though.

I have had two sets of Ballistix ram fail on me.

Good thing my local computer store has such good customer service. They exchanged it for another brand, no questions.

Jokerzwild Feb 15, 2009 12:22 PM

Geez thanks for making me feel good about my purchase guys :bleh:.

Lol, it's ok, I only bought them because it was one of those combo deals with my GTX 285. It was only 25 dollars more with the ram added so I said what the hell. I have a set of 2x2gb OCZ Reapers that I was gonna throw in my son's pc once I got around to installing Vista 64 on it that I can put back in if these go bad. I'm only using these because they have better timings than my old Reapers.

Thanks for the heads-up, we'll see how it turns out!

Meteor_of_War Feb 15, 2009 12:46 PM

Sorry, I wasnt trying to make ya feel bad.:)

I just wanted to warn you, so if and when you start getting the BSOD and lock ups in games you dont waste time trying to find the culprit. It will 99% positively be that Ballistix stuff.

And yeah, it's no wonder you'll see deals on it. Retailers are most likely aware of it's problems and are trying to get rid of it ASAP. I think I saw the old version Ballistix on sale for $1 (after rebate) during the black Friday sale.:eek:

RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 01:45 PM


RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 01:48 PM


RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 01:48 PM


RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 01:49 PM


Jokerzwild Feb 15, 2009 03:26 PM

Noice rig!!!! That's a mutha of a psu right there :D. Are you still unhappy with your X2?

RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1335796799)
Noice rig!!!! That's a mutha of a psu right there :D. Are you still unhappy with your X2?

No I actually fell in love with it :)

Jokerzwild Feb 15, 2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadeonBBQ (Post 1335796833)
No I actually fell in love with it :)


With a monster card like that, you can't help but to fall in love with it! :D Hey did the sticker on the side of your HX1000 come like that or did you turn it around somehow? I hate how my TX750 looks upside down.

RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1335796848)
With a monster card like that, you can't help but to fall in love with it! :D Hey did the sticker on the side of your HX1000 come like that or did you turn it around somehow? I hate how my TX750 looks upside down.

I noticed how yours was upside down, all i did was got a hair dryer and heated it up on the corner then peeled it back with my finger nail till it came off, then stuck it right back on.

I'm sure you could imagine how "warm" my box gets, and it sticks on no problem, can't even tell I ever peeled it :P

RadeonBBQ Feb 15, 2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerzwild (Post 1335795966)

It sucks balls compared to a lot you you lucky SOB's setups but it's the best I could do with getting a part here and a part there with as much extra money I could get away with spending.

That computer is probably better than 90 percent of the computers alive as I type this, if not then 95. It hardly sucks balls, lol.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com