Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Inside a Video Game Market in Pakistan (Modchips & Piracy Special) (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34052577)

badsykes Apr 26, 2021 07:12 AM

Inside a Video Game Market in Pakistan (Modchips & Piracy Special)
 



:D:lol:

KAC Apr 26, 2021 10:56 AM

The guy covered it well. That is where I spent most of my time when buying games. Prices of consoles are insane but after PS3 and PS4 you couldn’t really afford consoles. I ended up buying consoles when I moved to Dubai because if you really wanted to game in Pakistan you had a PC and you download games from shady websites.

Meteor_of_War Apr 26, 2021 11:30 AM

Actually really interesting to see. We are lucky to live in countries that don't suffer from such high prices compared to average median incomes.

I think its nuts that it can make more sense to take a "shopping holiday" to Dubai to buy a bunch of stuff and it turns out to be less money or roughly the same overall cost as just staying in Pakistan or India and buying there.

badsykes Apr 26, 2021 02:55 PM

In my case i buy games at sale.My period with getting games from shaddy websites is gone.A big part of this is the importance of patches.I prefer to wait 6 months or more and get a big sale and the game is already patched.No risk of viruses and no more patch cracks.Also if i love the game i want to pay something to the devs.

KAC Apr 26, 2021 07:50 PM

Shady website games also get patched and sometimes more times than actual games. :bleh:

Jet Black Apr 26, 2021 10:18 PM

I'm super curious about that Last of Us for PC! I wish he had bought it to see what it was... I think I heard of an emulated version of it, but not sure if that's what would be on there or if it would just be a virus or some other game entirely.

badsykes Apr 27, 2021 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338282295)
Shady website games also get patched and sometimes more times than actual games. :bleh:

You can't get more patches for a game unless are done by the modding community.In this case the game is out of support anyway.Is this what you are reffering to ?

Sundance Kid V2 Apr 27, 2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Black (Post 1338282323)
I'm super curious about that Last of Us for PC! I wish he had bought it to see what it was... I think I heard of an emulated version of it, but not sure if that's what would be on there or if it would just be a virus or some other game entirely.

Yip.. probably running an emulator.

Jankan Apr 27, 2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338282217)
Actually really interesting to see. We are lucky to live in countries that don't suffer from such high prices compared to average median incomes.

I think its nuts that it can make more sense to take a "shopping holiday" to Dubai to buy a bunch of stuff and it turns out to be less money or roughly the same overall cost as just staying in Pakistan or India and buying there.

Yeah i can compare that as i come from a third world country and now live in the US. I used to pirate things years ago as it was crazy expensive. Looking now at the price of the PS5 Disc version is $800, games aren't that much more expensive but $800 is a lot for the hardware even in dollars, nevermind trying to afford that in that currency. Yes games are the same price but for me now spending $60 on a game is no big deal and i would do it if i want to play a game, spending that there you think twice because it comes down to the price to what you are earning

zizbuka Apr 27, 2021 06:52 PM

Funny seeing people in other countries openly smoking inside buildings. I watched a video last night about Indonesia, where it's common for kids to start smoking at <5 years old. They actually think it cures all ailments.


KAC, do you have a hat like that guy? I need one..........:cool:

metroidfox Apr 27, 2021 11:06 PM

That is a cool video.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com