Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Crawdaddy79 Feb 23, 2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1338328832)
Attached a keyboard tray to the bottom of the desk to give a little more distance from the C1. My eyeballs are 3' 8" From the screen while I'm seated.



This deserves to be on a new page of this thread. Top-most post!

Keyboard drawer and numpad.

That is all.

AdamK47 Feb 23, 2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338328833)
This deserves to be on a new page of this thread. Top-most post!

Keyboard drawer and numpad.

That is all.

Was a sliding keyboard tray. Ditched the slides and screwed it directly to the bottom of the desk. That was all.

demo Feb 24, 2022 02:22 AM

Nice set up as always Adam :up:

Kain Feb 25, 2022 03:04 PM

Looks great.

lmchv Feb 26, 2022 11:48 AM

I replaced the case fans that were failing with new ones and made some cable management. It's the best I can do due the length of the cables.




Love the new fans, way better than the old ones.

CurrentlyPissed Mar 1, 2022 03:55 PM

Custom AIO cover off Etsy


Evileh Mar 5, 2022 09:57 PM

Gf's build is finally done

5600x
Asus b550f gaming
16Gb 3600 ram
2080 duel oc








AdamK47 Mar 10, 2022 08:43 PM

Major changes. Moved the 65" C9 to another room and replaced the 48" C1 with a 77" G1. Similar setup to what I had in my previous house. Except everything went up a notch spec-wise. I like this a lot better. Should have done this from the start.






KAC Mar 10, 2022 09:47 PM

Damn son! That’s dope af.

logical Mar 10, 2022 11:42 PM

Indeed nice setup since you got the distance from the TV

Kain Mar 11, 2022 11:03 AM

That's sick! How far do you sit from that 77" TV?

By the way, not sure if you already mentioned, but is that your main PC or do you also have another PC that is hooked up to a smaller/regular monitor?

Hapatingjaky Mar 11, 2022 11:16 AM

I didn't know they still made screens that small.

AdamK47 Mar 11, 2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 1338331414)
That's sick! How far do you sit from that 77" TV?

By the way, not sure if you already mentioned, but is that your main PC or do you also have another PC that is hooked up to a smaller/regular monitor?

My eyes are roughly 7 feet away and positioned so my line of sight is right in the middle of the screen.

It's my main PC for home entertainment use. I have an employer provided laptop for work.

Kain Mar 11, 2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1338331430)
My eyes are roughly 7 feet away and positioned so my line of sight is right in the middle of the screen.

It's my main PC for home entertainment use. I have an employer provided laptop for work.

:up:

What do you think of the 77" from 7 feet? Could you go bigger to 85" at 7 feet or would that be too big at that distance?

AdamK47 Mar 11, 2022 02:53 PM

7' is good for me when using a 77" as a PC display. I can clearly make out fine text and be able to take in whole scenes while gaming.

85" I'd have to probably move back another foot. At that point I'll be out of angle alignment with my speakers.

acroig Mar 11, 2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1338331342)
Major changes. Moved the 65" C9 to another room and replaced the 48" C1 with a 77" G1. Similar setup to what I had in my previous house. Except everything went up a notch spec-wise. I like this a lot better. Should have done this from the start.

Awesome setup, enjoy.

Kain Mar 12, 2022 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1338331430)
My eyes are roughly 7 feet away and positioned so my line of sight is right in the middle of the screen.

It's my main PC for home entertainment use. I have an employer provided laptop for work.

:up:

What is your experience with running PC games in surround sound? Is it implemented well? As far as I know, PC gaming in surround sound is not as good as back when audio was hardware accelerated. Plus, very few PC games support Atmos too. It seems PC gaming audio these days is designed for a headset or 2.1 speaker setups.

By the way, is that your movie watching setup too? If yes, is that chair comfortable for movie watching vs. a couch or sofa?

AdamK47 Mar 12, 2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 1338331536)
:up:

What is your experience with running PC games in surround sound? Is it implemented well? As far as I know, PC gaming in surround sound is not as good as back when audio was hardware accelerated. Plus, very few PC games support Atmos too. It seems PC gaming audio these days is designed for a headset or 2.1 speaker setups.

By the way, is that your movie watching setup too? If yes, is that chair comfortable for movie watching vs. a couch or sofa?

Most games don't support Atmos. It's okay since they get used as front speakers when Atmos isn't available. Most games do support 5.1 and up since the engines used in them are common.

I watch movies too. The chair is very comfortable for long session sitting. Should be for $2K.

Omega53 Mar 15, 2022 12:19 PM

Anyone down to play some Rocket League?

https://imgur.com/m279jNf.mp4

Not sure how to link mp4 to the rage video player

Seyiji Mar 15, 2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega53 (Post 1338331941)
Anyone down to play some Rocket League?



Not sure how to link mp4 to the rage video player

Poik

lmchv Mar 16, 2022 08:30 AM

lol, I watched Steamboat Willie instead:


AdamK47 Mar 29, 2022 07:45 PM

I made a small change. Can anyone spot it? Only one guess.


CurrentlyPissed Mar 29, 2022 08:25 PM

With you, I don't even need to see a picture to guess. :lol:

AdamK47 Mar 29, 2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1338333679)
With you, I don't even need to see a picture to guess. :lol:

I'll have a harder one for you guys to figure out around April 5th.

Talon_262 Mar 29, 2022 10:58 PM

The front-mounted AIO rads mounted with the hose ports at the top makes my head hurt and would probably make Steve Burke from Gamer's Nexus explode into flames.

Noise and flow likely ain't too good with those installed that way...

KAC Mar 29, 2022 11:02 PM

Damn, that’s tight Adam.

AdamK47 Mar 29, 2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon_262 (Post 1338333688)
The front-mounted AIO rads mounted with the hose ports at the top makes my head hurt and would probably make Steve Burke from Gamer's Nexus explode into flames.

Noise and flow likely ain't too good with those installed that way...

If you actually watched the video you would know that my install is good.

The pump is lower than the top of the radiator. JayzTwoCents did a video explaining Steve's video to point that out.

I hoped this debunking would be common knowledge by now.

Talon_262 Mar 29, 2022 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamK47 (Post 1338333692)
If you actually watched the video you would know that my install is good.

The pump is lower than the top of the radiator. JayzTwoCents did a video explaining Steve's video to point that out.

I hoped this debunking would be common knowledge by now.

It was kind of hard to see that when I first looked at the picture...apologies.

AdamK47 Mar 29, 2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon_262 (Post 1338333694)
It was kind of hard to see that when I first looked at the picture...apologies.

It's okay. A couple years ago just about anyone would freak out and want to point out that my AIO install is bad (even though it isn't).

It's similar to posts about anything on the Internet where someone is wrong. You'll see everyone lining up just to point out just how wrong they are. It's the one thing people eagerly respond to on forums. You'll get far more replies about being wrong than you will when you're right.

Steve attempted to set the record straight and show a proper AIO install. Jay put it in simpler words that more people could understood.

At least the AIO fiasco a few short years ago isn't as bad as the thermal paste application fiasco that never ceases to end. You want to trigger someone, simply apply thermal paste in a way that they feel is too much, too little, or not in the right pattern.

KAC Mar 29, 2022 11:56 PM

Did you get noticeable performance increase? How are the acoustics on that EVGA. Thinking about picking up the ASUS TUF 3090 Ti but it is quite pricey.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com