Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   Console Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Official PlayStation 5 thread (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050735)

SubCog May 17, 2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338340737)
2022 looks a bit improved for PS5 shipments. 18 million. Up from 11 million in 2021.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2022/05...3-fiscal-year/

Geez I remember when selling 10M per year was gigantic. I guess people love their video games these days, eh?

Tyr-Sog May 21, 2022 04:08 AM

Guys,

I'm gonna say it right now...

OLED gaming is the cats ass.

:masterrace:

Dungeoncrawler May 21, 2022 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog (Post 1338341327)
Guys,

I'm gonna say it right now...

OLED gaming is the cats ass.

:masterrace:

Too rich for my blood :(

Mangler May 22, 2022 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1338341419)
Too rich for my blood :(

A C1 is pretty cheap right now.

Lazy8s May 22, 2022 08:40 AM

If there are any Microcenters nearby they have sales on refurbished units for great prices. OLED is amazing, pretty much spoiled me.

Silent-Runner Jun 15, 2022 06:21 AM

they moved the release date of Little Devil Inside to "Winter 2022" ...*sigh* ... well, we'll have to wait and see i guess

YellowBeard Jun 17, 2022 11:35 AM

The new PS+ tiers are... uhhhh... underwhelming to say the least.

I'm debating to root out a new xbox just for gamepass.

Lazy8s Jun 17, 2022 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowBeard (Post 1338344882)
The new PS+ tiers are... uhhhh... underwhelming to say the least.

I'm debating to root out a new xbox just for gamepass.

Iíve been batting around the idea of selling mine.

Mangler Jun 18, 2022 02:39 PM

I'm keeping mine for now, but it is gone if sony decides to shorten their console exclusivity window to 6-12 months.

Lazy8s Jun 18, 2022 05:43 PM

It wouldnít even be a concern if it werenít still so hard to replace.

Silent-Runner Jun 20, 2022 03:35 AM

it's kinda funny to see a lot of people still struggeling to get their hands on one while others are already trying to get rid of theirs.

Lazy8s Jun 20, 2022 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338345099)
it's kinda funny to see a lot of people still struggeling to get their hands on one while others are already trying to get rid of theirs.

Iím really undecided. I donít really have a solid need to get rid of it, but itís more or less gathering dust right now.

Meh, not a major issue at the moment lol.

Silent-Runner Jun 20, 2022 06:27 AM

well, i guess it's good for those who still want one, so they get a chance to save some money.

Lazy8s Jun 20, 2022 02:42 PM

Well, found another game for the PS5. I thought Salt and Sacrifice was a ways off and just found out it was released last month. Bought and downloading. I absolutely was addicted to the first one. Iím pretty sure this will be that good too.

Meteor_of_War Jun 20, 2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338345131)
Well, found another game for the PS5. I thought Salt and Sacrifice was a ways off and just found out it was released last month. Bought and downloading. I absolutely was addicted to the first one. Iím pretty sure this will be that good too.

Salt and Sacrifice is on PC as well. :up:

Lazy8s Jun 20, 2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338345134)
Salt and Sacrifice is on PC as well. :up:

I searched on Steam and only the first game came up?? Crap lol. Oh well, itís done nowÖ

Meteor_of_War Jun 20, 2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338345136)
I searched on Steam and only the first game came up?? Crap lol. Oh well, it’s done now…

Sorry, should have mentioned its an Epic Games exclusive at least for now.

At least you get to use the PS5 for a bit again!

Lazy8s Jun 20, 2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War (Post 1338345140)
Sorry, should have mentioned its an Epic Games exclusive at least for now.

At least you get to use the PS5 for a bit again!

I feel better now lol. Itís meÖI keep forgetting to search other PC digital platforms Ö. Itíll play great on the 5 though, so thereís that :)

SD-[Inc] Jun 20, 2022 11:55 PM

I am partial to games on my big screen with theater sound anyway. So, PS5 is my default platform unless it is a full-on twitch shooter. PC is awesome. But video card prices are still beyond ridiculous.

Silent-Runner Jun 21, 2022 03:13 PM

Building the WORLDS FIRST PlayStation 5 slim



https://youtu.be/he6xyl_MHXY


interesting.

Lazy8s Jun 22, 2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338345223)
Building the WORLDS FIRST PlayStation 5 slim



https://youtu.be/he6xyl_MHXY


interesting.

Thatís crazy creativity. I would fry mine before even getting the new components assembled though lol.

Mangler Jun 22, 2022 10:02 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Lshbq27nw



That dude got skills.


I do feel that the powerbrick of his slim was too large, that 1U radiator takes up way too much space.

Silent-Runner Jun 22, 2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338345297)
Thatís crazy creativity. I would fry mine before even getting the new components assembled though lol.

me too, but those low temps are plain crazy

Lazy8s Jun 22, 2022 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338345302)
me too, but those low temps are plain crazy

For sure. Iíve long wished I had the money to burn, just to play around with projects like this. I might not accomplish much :lol: But I would love the option to try.

Lazy8s Jun 22, 2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338345300)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Lshbq27nw



That dude got skills.


I do feel that the powerbrick of his slim was too large, that 1U radiator takes up way too much space.

Iíd slap a full blown Noctua on that bad boy lol. This guy is skilled as they come. I would do something like strip it down and some creative wall mounted enclosure.

Jankan Jun 26, 2022 08:56 AM

Finished Horizon Forbidden West last night and overall found it meh. Had the same issue with this one I did with zero dawn, main story was good but the side quests were tedious and I found the dialogue so boring, skipped through most of it and I never do that in a game

Lazy8s Jun 26, 2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankan (Post 1338345856)
Finished Horizon Forbidden West last night and overall found it meh. Had the same issue with this one I did with zero dawn, main story was good but the side quests were tedious and I found the dialogue so boring, skipped through most of it and I never do that in a game

I had a lot of fun in the first game, but too many reviews were echoing what you said so I passed.

SD-[Inc] Jun 26, 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338345880)
I had a lot of fun in the first game, but too many reviews were echoing what you said so I passed.

I had problems with the way the story ended. But, it is similar to the Obi-wan show on Disney+. It was fine, but could have been so much better. The world they created in Forbidden West is worth experiencing. Itís you liked the combat in the first, itís more and varied in Forbidden West. I wouldnít listen to all haters. I was critical in my review. But would still recommend checking it out. It is not a bad game at all. And sometimes it can be amazing. But as a whole package it was a bit disappointing. Mainly because of lazy writing. The developers did a great job with the engine and the world design. Itís beautiful and amazing. Itís a true open world experience that seems real. Love Elden Ring. But the open world there is all too forced and contrived. Forbidden West made it all feel very natural. You literally felt like you were traveling through the western US in an apocalyptic future.

Lazy8s Jun 26, 2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338345886)
I had problems with the way the story ended. But, it is similar to the Obi-wan show on Disney+. It was fine, but could have been so much better. The world they created in Forbidden West is worth experiencing. Itís you liked the combat in the first, itís more and varied in Forbidden West. I wouldnít listen to all haters. I was critical in my review. But would still recommend checking it out. It is not a bad game at all. And sometimes it can be amazing. But as a whole package it was a bit disappointing. Mainly because of lazy writing. The developers did a great job with the engine and the world design. Itís beautiful and amazing. Itís a true open world experience that seems real. Love Elden Ring. But the open world there is all too forced and contrived. Forbidden West made it all feel very natural. You literally felt like you were traveling through the western US in an apocalyptic future.

Iím genuinely surprised Elden Ringís world felt forced to you. I thought the transitions worked well for a land that was largely war torn and governed by monsters essentially.

With FW though, I may grab on a sale one day, but not yet.

SirBaron Jun 26, 2022 01:59 PM

Yeah having a tough time playing Forbidden West, pretty, but also pretty boring. :bleh:

Returnal is kicking my ass, trying to beat Phrike in Co-op but he kicks our asses every time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com