Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

SSXeon Nov 2, 2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1335674083)
not bad caveman. I am slowly moving out of the year 2004 with my hardware. ;-p
Changes since last pic post-
-Removed ALL IDE drives. Everything is SATA including the CD/DVD/HDDVD Optical Drives.
-Replaced the HD2600XT and the X1800GTO with the HD4850, which does 700Mhz+ on the core and 1.1Ghz on the memory w/o Volt Mods.
-Finally hid 90% of the unused PSU cables.

:Pics: :)

aop Nov 2, 2008 12:47 PM

Caveman, that A64 X2 5000+ BE must be bottlenecking the video cards like hell. My parents PC has A64 X2 5000+ BE and it bottlenecks even the lowly GF8800GTS 320MB in some games (ET:Quake Wars for example).

OverclockN' Nov 2, 2008 10:31 PM

Cleaned up the workspace and finally took some pics of the new hardware.




SSXeon Nov 3, 2008 11:48 AM

Nice and i see u have a toshiba TV. :D

Yosh70 Nov 3, 2008 05:52 PM

I dont think I posted the latest so I'm gonna do it regardless....



Desk and speakers are the latest.

ScottDoom Nov 3, 2008 06:49 PM

What do you have your monitor sitting on?

OverclockN' Nov 3, 2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335675799)
Nice and i see u have a toshiba TV. :D

Yeah...

Had to get my own damn TV after the wife took over our 52" Samsung 1080P LCD with reality tv shows and garbage. It's a 37" Toshiba 1080P LCD. Really good decision to get it too...going to hook it up to my PC, can play my 360/PS3 whenever I want, and watch DVD/BluRay/HD-DVD when I want without having to argue with her for TV rights. :drool:

caveman-jim Nov 3, 2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aop (Post 1335674671)
Caveman, that A64 X2 5000+ BE must be bottlenecking the video cards like hell. My parents PC has A64 X2 5000+ BE and it bottlenecks even the lowly GF8800GTS 320MB in some games (ET:Quake Wars for example).

He games at 1440x900 and almost exclusively plays WoW at the moment, so I'm not particularly bothered about it; just means he can crank up the quality and use the SLI setup for PhysX in UT3 when he does play it.

It's still better than the an X2 4000+ in there before, and the recent article on CPU bound systems showed an X2 4000+ can still deliver 58fps in UT3 @ 1080 res... I think it's got the beans for the desired usage. Besides, what options are there? A higher clocked X2 would be a lot of money, which I don't have, and it's a Black Edition so a little OC'ing might net me 3ghz, possibly 3.2 which negates any reason for buying a new proc. The nForce 570SLI chipset is supposedly compatible with Phenom but there needs to be a BIOS update to support it, and it's been nearly 2 years since the last BIOS release. So, now we're talking a whole mobo/proc upgrade, to get rid of a possible CPU bottleneck for two 8800GS'... seems like way too much effort and money to invest. I think its a well balanced system - it certainly plays well for the money. Mobo was $40, CPU was $75, 8800GS's were $80 and $60... bang/buck is immense IMO (which is all that counts, cos its my wallet and my family ;)*)

Next comp I buy for him will be a laptop for when he's at college, doubt it'll be a gaming laptop.

Yosh70 Nov 4, 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottDoom (Post 1335676319)
What do you have your monitor sitting on?

Umm, If I told ya, I'd hafta kill ya. :bleh:



But seriously, its just a $2 kitchen utensil I picked up rather than the $30 a monitor riser would cost. My next LCD will have a HAS.....Samsung's 2443BW is lookin good and for just over $300, I might give myself an early Xmas present.











Ok, now that I told ya, be prepared for that knock on your door. :hmm:

DaJMasta Nov 4, 2008 12:11 AM

My current desktop setup, with my messy desk. A bit of old school meets new school, borrowed my brother's record player to get a couple 45s I bought onto my computer, they sound pretty nice on this setup. It's a little blurry because my camera wasn't steadied....



S.Nixx Nov 6, 2008 01:31 PM

Best I can take at the moment, I didnt really feel like taking the side off... take care to note the dalek cup and various treats such as 30+ year old monkey thing and Vault Boy.








Quickstrike Nov 6, 2008 07:31 PM

Very nice S.Nixx!

What are your plans for the top drive bay? Fan controller?

Those Blue LED's sure are blinding, eh?

Are you going to black-sharpie or paint the sides of the grey dvd drive?

Gotta love the mod-friendly nature of the 932.

S.Nixx Nov 7, 2008 01:57 AM

Might stick a multi-card reader in the top, and probally will color the edges of the dvd drive, one problem I have is that the HDD led will not work no matter what.

caveman-jim Nov 7, 2008 09:45 AM

Header on the mobo backwards?

S.Nixx Nov 7, 2008 09:52 AM

Na tried it both ways to be sure, it seems its a known issue with the 750i sli ftw board and some cases.

jimmt Nov 9, 2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaJMasta (Post 1335676696)
My current desktop setup, with my messy desk. A bit of old school meets new school, borrowed my brother's record player to get a couple 45s I bought onto my computer, they sound pretty nice on this setup. It's a little blurry because my camera wasn't steadied....



actually for a musician its pretty clean. Dig the setup. Man, you guys have really nice setups in this forum. I might snap a pic of mine. NOt really fancy like you guys :)

Nunz Nov 9, 2008 08:52 AM

Sorry for the ****ty quality. Camera phones ftw!! This is my whole desk here.. i think you can see my sub right next to it, and i have the same chair as overclock'n!



Decent angle of my case i guess. You can see the one red fan thats alone in his cause to cool my NB :lol: :)


Another one of the desk. bad quality XD



Inside the beast!

DaJMasta Nov 9, 2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmt (Post 1335683498)
actually for a musician its pretty clean.


Truth!


For being both a musician in training and a college student I think i'm doing quite well.... I just can't stand living in squalor :lol:

Dungeoncrawler Nov 12, 2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Caveman, that A64 X2 5000+ BE must be bottlenecking the video cards like hell. My parents PC has A64 X2 5000+ BE and it bottlenecks even the lowly GF8800GTS 320MB in some games (ET:Quake Wars for example).


My backup (see sig) is running the A64 X2 4200+ with a 8800gtx. Although I also do the 14440x900 at 75 Hertz, I get really good performance. Guess I could throw my backup mobo 680i and my older e6700 c2d into the case :).

Dc

SSXeon Nov 12, 2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1335676429)
Yeah...

Had to get my own damn TV after the wife took over our 52" Samsung 1080P LCD with reality tv shows and garbage. It's a 37" Toshiba 1080P LCD. Really good decision to get it too...going to hook it up to my PC, can play my 360/PS3 whenever I want, and watch DVD/BluRay/HD-DVD when I want without having to argue with her for TV rights. :drool:

:) Damn wives. :bleh:

Flyordie Nov 17, 2008 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSXeon (Post 1335674620)
:Pics: :)

Ok, you wanted Pics...





The RAM is running in Dual Channel. I wish there was a space between the channels like on my ASUS A8V-XE.

SSXeon Nov 17, 2008 12:35 PM

Not bad, and those earthwatts PSUs are great, got one myself in my other PC. :)

Pepsin Nov 17, 2008 06:05 PM

My "other" computer (just bought it last friday) :)


New computer on the left, old, broken 14" laptop on the right. Notice how the machine is much smaller but the keyboards are almost the same size.


vs 14" laptop again (thickness)


lid closed


vs standard sized book. Too bad I didn't have this machine instead of the the other one when I studied...


vs cellphone. It's a bit of a fingerprint magnet but the smudges aren't quite as visible as they appear in the photo.



It's the Acer Aspire One, the cheapest model which was $290 here in Sweden: 1.6 GHz Atom, 512MB RAM (going to add another 1GB later), 8GB SSD plus 2x8GB SD Class6 cards (it comes with two card readers). I replaced the original Linux OS with a nLite'd version of WinXP SP3.

VW_Factor Nov 17, 2008 06:29 PM

Nunz, did you flip your armor side case fan to the outside of the panel?

vinistois Nov 17, 2008 07:36 PM



this is me.




and in color.

SSXeon Nov 17, 2008 08:58 PM

vin as allways awsome pc! And nice pepsin, i want a EeePC bad. :)

GravY Nov 17, 2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsin (Post 1335693256)
My "other" computer (just bought it last friday) :)


New computer on the left, old, broken 14" laptop on the right. Notice how the machine is much smaller but the keyboards are almost the same size.


vs 14" laptop again (thickness)


lid closed


vs standard sized book. Too bad I didn't have this machine instead of the the other one when I studied...


vs cellphone. It's a bit of a fingerprint magnet but the smudges aren't quite as visible as they appear in the photo.

It's the Acer Aspire One, the cheapest model which was $290 here in Sweden: 1.6 GHz Atom, 512MB RAM (going to add another 1GB later), 8GB SSD plus 2x8GB SD Class6 cards (it comes with two card readers). I replaced the original Linux OS with a nLite'd version of WinXP SP3.

just bought the 1gb xp version for my wife, she loves it.

Dandingo Nov 18, 2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinistois (Post 1335693332)


this is me.




and in color.

Very Nice.

RAY16 Nov 20, 2008 07:43 PM




OverclockN' Nov 20, 2008 10:31 PM

Nice and clean workspace. :drool:


Also loving the screen capture on that monitor, what movie is that? :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com