Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Humble Monthly is becoming Humble Choice (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050150)

Evileh Dec 5, 2020 05:11 PM

God those are shite

Sundance Kid V2 Dec 7, 2020 01:16 PM

Yea.. this month game selection sucks.

Mahjik Dec 7, 2020 02:26 PM

I'm going to be cancelling my subscription at the beginning of the year. I'm just not getting anything valuable for me. I'm noticing that some of my older keys that I purchased and never used are no longer available (so they are definitely use it or lose it).

Sundance Kid V2 Dec 7, 2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahjik (Post 1338249971)
I'm going to be cancelling my subscription at the beginning of the year. I'm just not getting anything valuable for me. I'm noticing that some of my older keys that I purchased and never used are no longer available (so they are definitely use it or lose it).

Serious... ? Damn!! That sucks

Fuku2 Dec 31, 2020 12:06 PM

Humble choice for Jan 2021 is one of the worst so far.
You thought December was a lump of coal up the wazoo?

This is like week old Christmas dinner leftovers served from Santa's cumstocking with extra country gravy from Rudolph's bulging biscuits.


The new game list is not out yet. I was just practising for the reveal. :D

Seyiji Dec 31, 2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuku2 (Post 1338257089)
Humble choice for Jan 2021 is one of the worst so far.
You thought December was a lump of coal up the wazoo?

This is like week old Christmas dinner leftovers served from Santa's cumstocking with extra country gravy from Rudolph's bulging biscuits.


The new game list is not out yet. I was just practising for the reveal. :D

:lol:

You had me for a second and then it dawned on me...it's assuredly da troof :cry:

Eisberg Dec 31, 2020 01:49 PM

We'll see on December 32nd just how crappy it will be

Seyiji Jan 1, 2021 01:28 PM

And da troof it wuz !___!

Crawdaddy79 Jan 1, 2021 02:17 PM

Posting the list because some are saying that titles are disappearing over time (because Rage3D.com will outlast them all).

This month:

PC Building Simulator - Practice building a PC on your PC because you can't get stock to build a PC in real life.

Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Similar letters as Assassin's Creed Odyssey and from the creator of Assassin's Creed, but not the same. Start from nothing, grow your clan into survival.

Pathologic 2 - The sequel to a game that looked interesting. Has a group of die-hard fans, near cult following. Looked like it requires a lot of time investment so I never played 1. Now I have 2.

Warhammer: Chaosbane - Top down hack/slash RPG in Warhammer universe that somehow managed to score below 80% on Steam reviews.

Total Tank Simulator - Sandboxy strategy game akin to TABS, but looks much more interesting with its physical destruction and larger maps.

Song of Horror: Complete Edition - Implies they released an incomplete game initially. Fear based walking simluator puzzle game. This one features multiple player characters.

Not Tonight - I should get this game for my wife so she'll stop asking. 2D strategy RPG sim survival humor something that looks mostly bad. Set in Britain after Brexit failed.

Vampire: Shadows of New York - Another postcard simulator where you read texts and look at landmarks with pictures of people in front of them.

Tales of the Neon Sea - 2D adventure game that focuses on you hovering your mouse and investigating every object, set in a cyberpunk world. Doesn't sound tedious at all.

Minoria - 2D action adventure platformer where you play a girl in a dress with a high split.

Deleveled - Fell asleep looking at the screenshots. Don't know what it is.

The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines - Top down 2D action RPG that would look bad on the Game Boy Color.

Crawdaddy79 Jan 1, 2021 03:51 PM

I dunno gays... I just went on a frenzy to add all of these keys to my account starting with January, then going back to October to December. Once I got to December's bundle I just couldn't bring myself to claim any of them. I felt instant depression that the "lead" game, Overcooked 2 with all its content is less appealing to me than every single one of the games from this month (as B quality as they are).

This month's bundle is better than last month's by a long shot.

Evileh Jan 1, 2021 03:55 PM

This month is better than the last few months combined

KAC Jan 2, 2021 05:08 AM

So much garbage.

Silent-Runner Jan 4, 2021 07:06 AM

Ancestors MIGHT be cool (for some hours or so)

jimjobob Jan 4, 2021 07:46 AM

So I can suspend my subscription right?

Fuku2 Jan 4, 2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimjobob (Post 1338257801)
So I can suspend my subscription right?

Yes, you can pause it.

Crawdaddy79 Feb 5, 2021 08:39 PM

This month:

Outward + The Soroboreans Expansion - 3rd person RPG that I keep getting ads for on Steam. The title art made it look like a 2D, top-down RPG to me so I was never interested in clicking the banners. Heh.

Valkyria 4 Complete Edition - It's tan. It's a game about tan. Cell shaded battle game. Can't tell if it's RTS or RPG or QTE extravaganza.

Endless Space 2: Digital Deluxe - I'll play this one when I play and enjoy the first one, which I got for free years ago.

Moving Out - Self described as a physics based moving simulator. Sounds great!

Trine 4 - The third sequel to the 2D platformer that taught us all that 2D platformers have a place in modern days.

The Wild Eight - 50% of Steam users recommend according to the Humble page. Looking at the game on Steam, it seems they transferred "recent reviews" instead of overall, which is 81% positive. A sad thing about these bundles is that most games see a drop in review average as the cheap-Os don't feel like their entitlement is sufficient.

Train Station Renovation - I fell asleep when I read the title. I see screenshots of radioactive waste, so might not be what I think it is.

Valfaris - 2D platformer/shooter action packed looking game with a metal soundtrack. Will play.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - I didn't know there were so many postcard simulators until I started getting Humble Monthly bundles.

Lovecraft's Untold Stories - Top down action RPG. Looks bad.

Iris and the Giant - Card collection game that features up to 8 colors on screen at one time.

Boomerang Fu - Multiplayer game. Might play with kids.

Fuku2 Feb 5, 2021 09:58 PM

I thought the Werewolf game was the actual game at first and I was like "F**k Yeah!!!" even though it is not supposed to be that great.

Then I investigated further and my...m....m..........zzzzzzzz.. snort!!!....huh wuh....whut happened?

Silent-Runner Feb 6, 2021 08:53 AM

at least there are some good games in it this month

YellowBeard Feb 6, 2021 11:31 AM

I've been thinking about picking up Outward, so base game + a DLC for the price of my sub is cheaper than I could have got it otherwise. Works for me.

Though I do agree, the overall quality has been declining pretty starkly for a while now. Even their normal bundles have repeats of games from the monthly on the regular now.

JohnnyFlash Feb 6, 2021 02:31 PM

I miss the days of "all games from 2011 for $1".

Crawdaddy79 Feb 23, 2021 05:48 PM

Control, Elex, and more for next month's bundle.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2021/0...-on-march-2nd/

Sundance Kid V2 Feb 24, 2021 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338270845)
Control, Elex, and more for next month's bundle.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2021/0...-on-march-2nd/

who doesn't have Control by now ?

theshadowcult Feb 24, 2021 07:48 AM

me, i dont

John C Flett Feb 24, 2021 08:01 AM

Tried it on Xbox pass. Didn't care for it.

Crawdaddy79 Feb 24, 2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338270924)
me, i dont

Same. It would probably be a different story if my card could do ray tracing, but without the showcase, the game didn't appeal. Now I'll own it for pennies, and may actually try it out.

koralis Feb 24, 2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338270926)
Same. It would probably be a different story if my card could do ray tracing, but without the showcase, the game didn't appeal. Now I'll own it for pennies, and may actually try it out.

It's a good game. Raytracing not required for enjoyment.

Andy22 Feb 25, 2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338270845)
Control, Elex, and more for next month's bundle.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2021/0...-on-march-2nd/

Elex is such an underrated gem imo. I really liked it. It is very much a sci-fi Gothic. Start very weak, combat seems janky but as you get stronger and better with combat the game really opens up. Very much looking forward to Elex 2.

Crawdaddy79 Mar 2, 2021 07:56 PM

And it's down at downtown Poundtown with the one month of the year that makes people subscribe.

Control - You play as an especially controlling redhead and solve puzzles. Also ray tracing.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - Turn based strategy with aliens. As an owner of Enemy Unknown who was unable to stomach the need to reload save games and "prepare better" for psuedo-randomly materializing enemies. This one is lower rated. If negative reviews say it's too easy, I'll play it.

Elex - The pinnacle of Eurojank. 3rd person action RPG. Varied, yet detailed game world featuring different environments and formidable enemies combined with piss poor animation and combat controls make this one of the most misunderstood games I've ever finished.

Kingdom Two Crowns - a 2D side scrolling real time strategy that's clearly a labor of love.

WWE 2K Battlegrounds - It's a "pro"wrestling game but with apparent superhero abilities. Not sure how this could be fun.

Hotshot Racing - Looking at the screenshots, I'm reminded of Virtua Racing and how it cost $1 per play in the arcade and it was totally worth it. Fast forward 25 years and I have a kid and we're at Chuck E. Cheese and there's Virtua Racing and I get my chance to relive the awesomeness. It doesn't hold up. That said, I'm sure Hotshot Racing is worth playing.

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind - Isometric puzzle/adventure that has a cover shot like it's an FMV game (but it's not :( ). Looking at screenshots, it's Clue: Enhanced Edition. After reading the description, it's not at all like that. More of a trial/error sandbox with canned Sims-like NPC paths and actions.

Cyber Hook - Looks like a VR game but isn't. Physics based platformer with boosts and your movement is mostly defined by your grappling hook.

Pesterquest - Postcard simulator with awful visuals.

Wildfire - Metroidvania in magical medieval environment.

Boreal Blade - PvP swordfighting game that retails for $4.

Agleless - Game Boy Color port. Looks awful.

theshadowcult Mar 2, 2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338272070)
And it's down at downtown Poundtown with the one month of the year that makes people subscribe.

Control - You play as an especially controlling redhead and solve puzzles. Also ray tracing.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - Turn based strategy with aliens. As an owner of Enemy Unknown who was unable to stomach the need to reload save games and "prepare better" for psuedo-randomly materializing enemies. This one is lower rated. If negative reviews say it's too easy, I'll play it.

Elex - The pinnacle of Eurojank. 3rd person action RPG. Varied, yet detailed game world featuring different environments and formidable enemies combined with piss poor animation and combat controls make this one of the most misunderstood games I've ever finished.

Kingdom Two Crowns - a 2D side scrolling real time strategy that's clearly a labor of love.

WWE 2K Battlegrounds - It's a "pro"wrestling game but with apparent superhero abilities. Not sure how this could be fun.

Hotshot Racing - Looking at the screenshots, I'm reminded of Virtua Racing and how it cost $1 per play in the arcade and it was totally worth it. Fast forward 25 years and I have a kid and we're at Chuck E. Cheese and there's Virtua Racing and I get my chance to relive the awesomeness. It doesn't hold up. That said, I'm sure Hotshot Racing is worth playing.

Peaky Blinders: Mastermind - Isometric puzzle/adventure that has a cover shot like it's an FMV game (but it's not :( ). Looking at screenshots, it's Clue: Enhanced Edition. After reading the description, it's not at all like that. More of a trial/error sandbox with canned Sims-like NPC paths and actions.

Cyber Hook - Looks like a VR game but isn't. Physics based platformer with boosts and your movement is mostly defined by your grappling hook.

Pesterquest - Postcard simulator with awful visuals.

Wildfire - Metroidvania in magical medieval environment.

Boreal Blade - PvP swordfighting game that retails for $4.

Agleless - Game Boy Color port. Looks awful.

If anyone grabs that, and for some reason doesnt want control, kingdoms two crowns, or wildfire, i'd be willing to help you out by taking them off your hands if you wish!

Crawdaddy79 Mar 4, 2021 07:51 PM

Aw crap guys. I only just figured out how I can pause a month by trying to disable the auto-renew (I'm up for May... I think I have enough games.) I thought that you all had a different plan that allowed you to pause when I saw it mentioned in places.

For those that don't know, just go into your account settings and fumble around until you find it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com