Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

aviphysics Apr 4, 2011 06:36 PM

You should rent out spare CPU cycles on your super computer to aspiring researchers.

shadow001 Apr 4, 2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1336545501)
You should rent out spare CPU cycles on your super computer to aspiring researchers.

There's a thread open for this in the general discussion....Oh and the system is running faster still(3.7 Ghz now)...:D

Soong Apr 4, 2011 06:58 PM

You wouldn't, by chance, happen to have a P3 Kill-A-Watt or similar device would you? You could use it to measure the hunger of this beast and then post a pic of the results for us.

shadow001 Apr 4, 2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soong (Post 1336545532)
You wouldn't, by chance, happen to have a P3 Kill-A-Watt or similar device would you? You could use it to measure the hunger of this beast and then post a pic of the results for us.

I'd have to find a way to load up all 3 GPU's and all CPU cores simultaniously, however the one of the persons who helped with the design of this very board, pete "shamino" tan(he works at Asus now), made this thread on the EVGA forums last year, as the board was getting ready for it's retail release, but i'l post the important stuff only...

Quote:

FAQ of W555

You can run different models of Dual QPI Xeon together – such as 5520 + 5540, even Quad Core + Hexa Core together – but must be from same family – ie, NO for Westmere + Nehalem – Performance scaling is fine

You can run turbo mode on one CPU and non Turbo Mode on the other too

You can run a single CPU (Must be Dual QPI) in any one of the 2 sockets

You can run Non ECC normal DRAMs but also ECC Rams too

Dual QPI Xeon DRAM Multipliers/Uncore Multipliers are locked so you will only be able to use maximum 2:8 or 2:10 depending on segment of CPU

You can run 200 – 205MHz Baseclocks on air – 230+ needs LN2

Motherboard is 381mm width by 345mm length

Motherboard supports 4-way SLI on current GTX285/upcoming Flagship VGA

Motherboard supports 4-way Quad Fire

Motherboard will ship with typical 1366 Xeon socket back-plates but normal X58 socket back-plates will be bundled in package

Motherboard bundled with ECP V3 – Vcore Boosters + Speedfan 100% Click Boost + CPUs/PCIEs Disable

Power Consumption Tests:

2.8GHz x 2 @ 1.20v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 1x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 535w from AC socket

2.8GHz x 2 @ 1.20v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 4x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 991w from AC socket

4.0GHz x 2 @ 1.30v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 1x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 766w from AC socket
4.0GHz x 2 @ 1.30v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 4x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 1,243w from AC socket

4.2GHz x 2 @ 1.40v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 1x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 913w from AC socket

4.2GHz x 2 @ 1.40v w 24 threads Full Load + 12GB Rams + 4x GTX285 Classified Full Load = 1,390w from AC socket

Gives a pretty good idea of the power requirements once fully overclocked and packed with 4 video cards...

TriGGlety Apr 5, 2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001 (Post 1336545563)
I'd have to find a way to load up all 3 GPU's and all CPU cores simultaniously, however the one of the persons who helped with the design of this very board, pete "shamino" tan(he works at Asus now), made this thread on the EVGA forums last year, as the board was getting ready for it's retail release, but i'l post the important stuff only...

Gives a pretty good idea of the power requirements once fully overclocked and packed with 4 video cards...

You wont be happy you saddo. Youll build it, play with it for 3 months then see new cpus and gpus coming out and want to replace parts of build another one.
God silly ***** like you.

Love all the attention your getting from 14 year old boys?
Thought so.

MangaSpawn64 Apr 5, 2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGGlety (Post 1336545852)
You wont be happy you saddo. Youll build it, play with it for 3 months then see new cpus and gpus coming out and want to replace parts of build another one.

Thought so.

:lol: Who shat in your Corn Flakes this morning :D

One thing though, this is the Post pics of your computer thread, not the debug and look how far I can go thread.

Just saying shadow, create a thread about your comp and discuss away...

Edit: Just saw you did :up:

Mangler Apr 5, 2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demowhc (Post 1336545209)
Very nice m8, looking foward to some benches :drool: That is a serious monster.

As for the case, I have seen a nice looking case with a glass side panel and the mobo sits sideways so the gfx cards exhaust out the top. I dont know if its a server case but I saw a guy with a watercooled system and pair of 6990's at the PC shop (I happen to live near the best shop in Melbourne) and man did it look sweet plus it had heaps of room.

Sound like a silverstone tj-11, their flagship case.

Anyways, here's my sandy vagina build in my new mid-tower case, a silverstone rv02-e.

It's not as roomy as 700d, but it does not weigh as much either.

demo Apr 5, 2011 08:47 AM

Thanks Mangler I Googled the Silverstone and that is indeed the case, yours looks pretty sweet too and I wouldnt mind that either. Nice build btw :)

Sound_Card Apr 5, 2011 08:52 AM

That would be the Raven 2. Yes its a bad ass case. :drool:

MangaSpawn64 Apr 5, 2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1336545927)

Anyways, here's my sandy vagina build in my new mid-tower case, a silverstone rv02-e.

[IMG]http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/2954/sandyd.jpg

Update your specs :mad: :D

Nice, first time I see a build in the white RV02-E...

Deaderinred Apr 5, 2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Thought so.

lol. Looking at your posts, they sound like me when i was 16 and had the whole world figured out.

Enjoy it while it lasts. :bleh:

nycdarkness Apr 5, 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Thought so.

nycdarkness Apr 5, 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1336545927)

That white case is HOT!!!! DAMN I want that case.

demo Apr 5, 2011 09:39 AM

Found a nice pic of the silverstone Mangler mentioned, this is what I want-

Greasy Apr 5, 2011 09:49 AM

That's a great looking case, can't wait to see your build if you pick one up.

BababooeyHTJ Apr 5, 2011 03:49 PM

If I didn't move things around so often the cables around the desk would be a little neater. It's actually not as bad in person, I'm no photographer.

Mangler Apr 5, 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336546318)
If I didn't move things around so often the cables around the desk would be a little neater. It's actually not as bad in person, I'm no photographer.

I wish I could have gotten a hold of a ft-02 for the price I paid for my rv02, the exterior of the ft-02 is so much better looking than the plastic fantastic exterior of the raven.

Sound_Card Apr 5, 2011 07:03 PM

what keyboard is hat Baba?

BababooeyHTJ Apr 5, 2011 08:12 PM

It's a Filco "tenkeyless". I really like the minimalist design. I never really use the keypad and it's nice to be able to move the mouse over a bit. This keyboard is also really comfortable to type on.

demo Apr 6, 2011 01:45 AM

Very nice Babahooey :) seems everyone has these leet silverstones except me :(, I gotta get one, they really do look classy.

junglist1996 Apr 7, 2011 10:52 AM

Wow shadow, that's a monster rig you've got! :up: Definitely get a Kill-a-watt and see how much power does this beast suck up. :evil:

So after the pics of the gaming rig and HTPC, here come the pics of my bedroom mini box which is used for music / web browsing.

Close up of the ASRock barebone, Easter Electric DAC with vacuum tube output stage, and the MF A1 Class A amp. I got this amp off a friend of mine from the UK, and I believe this model was originally released in 1984. Note the heatsink on top of it which does get very hot. I wouldn't be surprised if I can actually fry an egg on it. :lol:

I had the speaker cables and interconnects custom made with cables by the now defunct Western Electric

shadow001 Apr 7, 2011 11:10 AM

Definitely in the 1200~1300 watt range...:p :lol:

junglist1996 Apr 7, 2011 12:06 PM

Damn! Your power draw can probably push 13 of my ASRock barebone which uses a 90W power brick. :runaway: :lol:

May I ask what do you use such an insane amount of processing power for?

shadow001 Apr 7, 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglist1996 (Post 1336548218)
Damn! Your power draw can probably push 13 of my ASRock barebone which uses a 90W power brick. :runaway: :lol:

May I ask what do you use such an insane amount of processing power for?

Anything and everything and kicks butt while doing it.:D ..The idea was to build the ultimate machine that could still fit in a tower case, and not draw more power than the 15 amp, 120 volt breaker that controls that wall outlet could handle(1800 watts), and as an extra bonus, be quiet as a mouse especially when i'll eventually water cool the video cards too(not the GTX580's, but whatever shows up at 28nm)...

Nunz Apr 7, 2011 03:01 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rig is done for a while. Went from a Q9650 @ 4Ghz with a Maximus II Formula and a single GTX480 to a Core i7-920 @ 4.2Ghz w/ HT on with a Asus Rampage II Extreme w/ 2x GTX480

demo Apr 7, 2011 08:12 PM

Nice Nunz :up:

Nunz Apr 7, 2011 10:36 PM

Had to take out that Antec Spot-Cool, it was blocking the sidefan on the cover.

Going to hopefully get a new case by summer, the heat is just so bad.. can't even do anything to help it. :(
You can partially see the fan I mounted with zipties to the front to blow air directly at the top cards fan, it's helping a lot but just not enough unfortunately.

shadow001 Apr 7, 2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336548989)
Had to take out that Antec Spot-Cool, it was blocking the sidefan on the cover.

Going to hopefully get a new case by summer, the heat is just so bad.. can't even do anything to help it. :(
You can partially see the fan I mounted with zipties to the front to blow air directly at the top cards fan, it's helping a lot but just not enough unfortunately.

I'll might have to make modifications to the water cooling loop for the CPU's and the system has only recently been completed, as CPU temperatures will creep up not far from 90*C when running LinX for prolonged periods of time, wich loads all 24 threads to 100%, and that's with three 120mm, 86 CFM fans running full bore and it's not the summer yet..

It's fine for regular applications though, as the hottest core of the 12, has a hard time breaking 70*C, but i want cooling that can handle the worst case scenarios and i don't want to downclock CPU's because of heat issues in the summer....Fortunately i have 3 silverstone 120mm fans that are rated up to 110 CFM, and will try those on first....Failing that i can add an extra radiator/fan assembly in the loop...All mounted internally of course.

junglist1996 Apr 8, 2011 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow001
Anything and everything and kicks butt while doing it.:D ..The idea was to build the ultimate machine that could still fit in a tower case, and not draw more power than the 15 amp, 120 volt breaker that controls that wall outlet could handle(1800 watts), and as an extra bonus, be quiet as a mouse especially when i'll eventually water cool the video cards too(not the GTX580's, but whatever shows up at 28nm)...

Haha, cool. Enjoy! :drool:

Qb2k5 Apr 8, 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJuanlo (Post 1336539938)
I want to share with you these photos of a "device" made by a good friend who likes to work with wood for my Logitech G27 pedals.

Closed under my desk

Getting them ready

Upside down

Wide opened

Now my chair won't move

What can I say... he's a genius. Thanks Edu!

Id buy it.