Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

mrk1283 Jun 8, 2011 09:14 AM

Hah! It had to be done though :p

CurrentlyPissed Jun 8, 2011 01:41 PM

Let the build begin!
 

CurrentlyPissed Jun 8, 2011 08:07 PM

New build is complete! Here are the pics of it and my new monitor! (27" asus)

i5 2500k (at 4.5Ghz) CPU
Corsair H50 Cooler
8GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Zotac 570 GTX GPU
Asus P867 Mobo
Corsair 600T case
Corsair TX750 PSU
OCZ Agillity 3 60GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM






mrk1283 Jun 8, 2011 08:53 PM

Nice! Reminds me of a Sentry turret from Portal :D

CurrentlyPissed Jun 8, 2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrk1283 (Post 1336609319)
Nice! Reminds me of a Sentry turret from Portal :D

Haha nice didnt even notice that! It does! Im lovin' the case though. It's odd because I HATE the all black 600T but the white I was in love.

MangaSpawn64 Jun 8, 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336609329)
Haha nice didnt even notice that! It does! Im lovin' the case though. It's odd because I HATE the all black 600T but the white I was in love.


I love them both, but my gf's build will be in the white version :drool:

Damn nice setup you got there :up:

shrike126 Jun 8, 2011 09:25 PM

CP that is a damned nice setup you have there, consider me a fan. :drool: :up:

Qb2k5 Jun 9, 2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336608914)

It took you 6 hours to build that. :bleh:

It takes me 10 hours.:p

CurrentlyPissed Jun 9, 2011 07:17 PM

Lol, that included pick up time too!

clerick Jun 9, 2011 08:15 PM

I gotta say: even after building pcs for 10 years now every time I finish a rig and hit the power button my heart skips a beat.

Ristogod Jun 9, 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clerick (Post 1336610217)
I gotta say: even after building pcs for 10 years now every time I finish a rig and hit the power button my heart skips a beat.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

CurrentlyPissed Jun 9, 2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clerick (Post 1336610217)
I gotta say: even after building pcs for 10 years now every time I finish a rig and hit the power button my heart skips a beat.

Lol on this last build I hit the button and it didnt boot, forgot to flip the switch on the PSU :lol:

BababooeyHTJ Jun 10, 2011 04:45 AM

Apparently I didn't seat the ram properly on my latest build. It obviously didn't post. I hate those damn Asus dimms with a single lock. It was a pita to get the ram to sit properly. Who thought that was a good idea? :nuts:

Trunks0 Jun 10, 2011 06:00 AM

Yea I think we all go through that moment as we press the power button.

I damn near had a heart attack when with an older setup. It instantly flashed on & then off for just a second when I flipped the power supply to on... apparently it was a feature of the MB, but I swear to god I thought I killed right there :lol:

mrk1283 Jun 10, 2011 06:58 AM

Lol rebuilding my PC when the old mobo died and I was "forced" to buy a i5 2500k and overclock it to 4.5GHz was a pants wetting experience.

Everything went better than expected though and it's as solid as rock :d

caveman-jim Jun 10, 2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunks0 (Post 1336610478)
Yea I think we all go through that moment as we press the power button.

I damn near had a heart attack when with an older setup. It instantly flashed on & then off for just a second when I flipped the power supply to on... apparently it was a feature of the MB, but I swear to god I thought I killed right there :lol:

yeah i hate that about the intel x58 / core i7 900's setups. always feels like they just ESD's at POST.

BababooeyHTJ Jun 11, 2011 08:45 PM

Here is my new Sabertooth. It looks good without the plastic imo. It actually looks a lot less brown without the bright flash.


CurrentlyPissed Jun 11, 2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336612043)
Here is my new Sabertooth. It looks good without the plastic imo. It actually looks a lot less brown without the bright flash.


Nice!

I added another fan to my H50 today was surprised by how much that dropped my temps doing the push-pull method. At 4.5Ghz 1.31v I am idling at like 36c, and load during prime around 55-60.

Did not expect the H50 to run it that cool.

BababooeyHTJ Jun 11, 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336612086)
Nice!

I added another fan to my H50 today was surprised by how much that dropped my temps doing the push-pull method. At 4.5Ghz 1.31v I am idling at like 36c, and load during prime around 55-60.

Did not expect the H50 to run it that cool.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked with how cool the H50 keeps this chip too. How much of a difference did the second fan make? I never really tried it with just the one.

CurrentlyPissed Jun 11, 2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336612090)
Yeah, I was a bit shocked with how cool the H50 keeps this chip too. How much of a difference did the second fan make? I never really tried it with just the one.

at idle about 5c, about 7-10c on load.

BababooeyHTJ Jun 11, 2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336612097)
at idle about 5c, about 7-10c on load.

Thats impressive.

MangaSpawn64 Jun 11, 2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336612102)
Thats impressive.

Damn right... I'm now tempted to put a second on in my rig (Raven 02B-Evolution)

kakarot Jun 12, 2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1336609280)
New build is complete! Here are the pics of it and my new monitor! (27" asus)

i5 2500k (at 4.5Ghz) CPU
Corsair H50 Cooler
8GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Zotac 570 GTX GPU
Asus P867 Mobo
Corsair 600T case
Corsair TX750 PSU
OCZ Agillity 3 60GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM


Looks great man! But since your psu is small enough to allow it you should consider dropping the top hd cage down. It should shave 2-3 degrees from the video card.
On a similar note the top fan on mine seems to have developed a slight chirping sound when set on anything other than 100% speed. I wrote corsair about it, we'll see what they say:cry:

CurrentlyPissed Jun 13, 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336612043)
Here is my new Sabertooth. It looks good without the plastic imo. It actually looks a lot less brown without the bright flash.


Just realised you are lucky. Corsair made a dumb move by putting the VENGENCE part of the sticker on the left side of the ram, on my case (like 90% of others) the timing sticker is on the right side and is in your view. Annoying as hell!

nycdarkness Jun 13, 2011 10:23 PM

Added a few small items. Some of which cant be seen. LOVING my new mem card reader / dual 2.5 drive bay hot swappable dock.



Yes I have a mess of wires under my desk and my desk is messy atm. Will require attention one of these weekends.


aviphysics Jun 14, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1336613632)
Added a few small items. Some of which cant be seen. LOVING my new mem card reader / dual 2.5 drive bay hot swappable dock.



Yes I have a mess of wires under my desk and my desk is messy atm. Will require attention one of these weekends.

What do you have against pregnant aliens?

nycdarkness Jun 14, 2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviphysics (Post 1336614230)
What do you have against pregnant aliens?

The sticker actually represents no fat chicks :D

CurrentlyPissed Jun 15, 2011 01:22 AM

The GTX570 **** the bed already so when I pulled it out I wanted to clean up some cable work. Gotta say I love the cable management on this thing.




CurrentlyPissed Jun 16, 2011 01:04 AM

Replaced some parts already on the system. When the 570 GTX **** the bed already I went back and got a EVGA 560 Ti DS SuperClocked, was going to just SLi a set of those instead of the single 570 GTX, but then I got home and found out my P8P67 (while says it has dual PCI Express 16 and supports Quadfire) apparently does NOT support Sli or Crossfire, seriously only supports Quadfire, what kind of **** is that? So I returned it and went with the MSI P67A-GD65 instead after having to upgrade the Mobo though I will have to wait until next month to add the 2nd 560 GTX Ti DS. Will post pics up tommorow.

mrk1283 Jun 16, 2011 05:29 AM

Some new fans as the stock ones were resonating and I wanted more airflow but quieter operation at faster RPM so got some Noctua NF-P12s :D







Just got to replace the intake 140mm with a Noctua now too and I'm all set.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com