Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

mullet Feb 15, 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses (Post 1337163664)
here's an updated shot. new ram (16gb Kingston hyperX), new Samsung 840 250gb SSD on the bottom of the HDD cage there, and a new seasonic x-850 full modular.








WOW, that looks really clean dude good job.

Dungeoncrawler Feb 15, 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methimpikehoses (Post 1337163664)
here's an updated shot. new ram (16gb Kingston hyperX), new Samsung 840 250gb SSD on the bottom of the HDD cage there, and a new seasonic x-850 full modular.








NICE! One of the cleanest setups I've ever seen. You sure that thing really runs :p

methimpikehoses Feb 15, 2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler (Post 1337164181)
NICE! One of the cleanest setups I've ever seen. You sure that thing really runs :p

thanks dudes. it runs great! 4.4 at stock volts and oc'd the ram to 1866. not too shabby. :D

DarthBeavis Feb 17, 2013 02:34 PM

Set up at PDXLAN (right now):










GravY Feb 17, 2013 02:38 PM

all those lights would drive my eyes crazy.. sucks gettin old.

DarthBeavis Feb 17, 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravY (Post 1337165569)
all those lights would drive my eyes crazy.. sucks gettin old.

they are switchable.

Maverick123w Feb 18, 2013 01:43 AM

Gaudy, but great work as always.

Treeckcold57 Feb 18, 2013 10:05 PM




Finally re-build my PC on last Saturday. Although, it was pretty stupid to installed the new H60, I had to got washers at Lowes and got home. I put them in between the bracket and black washers. Now, screws are not loose anymore. It works great.

OverclockN' Feb 18, 2013 10:09 PM

Looks fantastic!! Congrats on the new build and glad the washers worked out for you. :)

VW_Factor Feb 19, 2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBeavis (Post 1337165568)
Set up at PDXLAN (right now):










Amazing machine in person.

I'm guessing you didn't enter the mod contest, as some in the "top 5" were pretty generic.

DarthBeavis Feb 19, 2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW_Factor (Post 1337166823)
Amazing machine in person.

I'm guessing you didn't enter the mod contest, as some in the "top 5" were pretty generic.

no, was not even there for it as I had a class to teach on Saturday. Even if I was there I would not enter as my ethics preclude me from winning twice at PDXLAN.

methimpikehoses Feb 20, 2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthBeavis (Post 1337167076)
no, was not even there for it as I had a class to teach on Saturday. Even if I was there I would not enter as my ethics preclude me from winning twice at PDXLAN.

how much does that beast weigh?

CurrentlyPissed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 AM

New case + added a 680 to SLi, man seeing 2 3 slot cards looks so beast.










Greasy Feb 20, 2013 05:50 AM

Nice job CP! Shame that case door covers up those sweet looking cards though. Those things just look mean sitting side by side! :drool:

Meteor_of_War Feb 20, 2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337167358)
New case + added a 680 to SLi, man seeing 2 3 slot cards looks so beast.

But can it run Crysis?

:p

CurrentlyPissed Feb 20, 2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR (Post 1337167560)
But can it run Crysis?

:p

Lol yeah it should. I played the MP demo with 1 card stock speed around 30FPS with all max settings. And that new driver apparently rose performance 65% :hmm:. Granted I won't be playing till teh game hits the sales bin. I don't have interest in the MP. And the SP is too short for the money.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 PM

Top card is running into quite a bit of heat issues. It's getting starved. I'm wanting to buy blocks but I don't want to spend $400 to just cool some VGA cards. I'm tempted to give a shot at 2 Accellero Hybrid coolers. Newegg has them on sale for $99ea, would be $200.

Redeemed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337168372)
Top card is running into quite a bit of heat issues. It's getting starved. I'm wanting to buy blocks but I don't want to spend $400 to just cool some VGA cards. I'm tempted to give a shot at 2 Accellero Hybrid coolers. Newegg has them on sale for $99ea, would be $200.

Very interested in your results if you do this. I've been eyeing those coolers as well. Curious how they'll handle the heat, and what extra OC headroom they may provide.

Also think they'd look kinda' cool in your setup. :)

CurrentlyPissed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed (Post 1337168373)
Very interested in your results if you do this. I've been eyeing those coolers as well. Curious how they'll handle the heat, and what extra OC headroom they may provide.

Also think they'd look kinda' cool in your setup. :)

The benefit as well if you look in my above pictures, where there is the built in 240/280 radiator location. I could easily put the 2 radiators there. Then everything has it's own loop to boot.

BababooeyHTJ Feb 21, 2013 04:56 AM

Seems kind of ridiculous to me to spend $200 on custom coolers when you're already water cooling the cpu and have a pump that can handle a few more blocks.

With those accelero type coolers you still need to force air inbetween the cards somehow. That fan by the end of the graphics cards may do the trick.

nycdarkness Feb 21, 2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337168455)
Seems kind of ridiculous to me to spend $200 on custom coolers when you're already water cooling the cpu and have a pump that can handle a few more blocks.

With those accelero type coolers you still need to force air inbetween the cards somehow. That fan by the end of the graphics cards may do the trick.

This. Blocks will cost you 10 bucks more than that ridiculous accerelo bs. You have the space for another rad already.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 21, 2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdarkness (Post 1337168511)
This. Blocks will cost you 10 bucks more than that ridiculous accerelo bs. You have the space for another rad already.

Reading and the 2 680s, and the 3770k with the RX360 assuming full load would put me at 10 delta. Nothing will ever run full load at the same time so I'm thinking I'd be more around 6-8 delta. Going to try and run it all on just the 360 with that math. See how it pans out.

Mangler Feb 21, 2013 02:00 PM

It will work just fine.

If asus could cool dual 7970s with a cheap 120.1 alu rad, then you can easily cool your components with a good 120.3 radiator.

H001iGAN Feb 21, 2013 03:50 PM

Currently pissed, how come there is no water cooling on the video cards?
oh nevermind, you're going to run everything with 1 rad.

bill dennison Feb 21, 2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H001iGAN (Post 1337169027)
Currently pissed, how come there is no water cooling on the video cards?
oh nevermind, you're going to run everything with 1 rad.

the 680 directcu ii's don't need it they make little noise as is and run cool

CurrentlyPissed Feb 21, 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill dennison (Post 1337169141)
the 680 directcu ii's don't need it they make little noise as is and run cool

They do, but as you can see in the pictures, the top card is getting massively starved of air, it gets as hot as 80c @ 100% fan spead while the bottom sits around 50c @ 40% fan speed

BababooeyHTJ Feb 21, 2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337168928)
Reading and the 2 680s, and the 3770k with the RX360 assuming full load would put me at 10 delta. Nothing will ever run full load at the same time so I'm thinking I'd be more around 6-8 delta. Going to try and run it all on just the 360 with that math. See how it pans out.

It would probably be fine. I saw a thread on Hardforum with a guy with a mini itx rig running a GTX 670 and either 3770k or 3570k on a single 120mm monsta and a pair of corsair fans in push pull. He got decent temps in BF3 which should do a good job stressing both the cpu and gpu.

Me, I would still throw in something like an XT45 in the bottom if you plan on keeping the case for a while.

CurrentlyPissed Feb 21, 2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1337169218)
It would probably be fine. I saw a thread on Hardforum with a guy with a mini itx rig running a GTX 670 and either 3770k or 3570k on a single 120mm monsta and a pair of corsair fans in push pull. He got decent temps in BF3 which should do a good job stressing both the cpu and gpu.

Me, I would still throw in something like an XT45 in the bottom if you plan on keeping the case for a while.

I'm going to add a XSPC RX240 in a month. I've spent too much this month on PC parts.

Ordering 2x EK full blocks (are backplates necessary?)
8x Monsoon Compression Fittings
EK Dual Serial Triple Slot SLi Link

I'm probably going to just use MX-4 on them. Even though I have a lifetime supply of Coolab Pro, I want to be able to put back on the Asus coolers and sell in a year.

BababooeyHTJ Feb 21, 2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1337169230)
Ordering 2x EK full blocks (are backplates necessary?)

I took a look at the 2GB model on TPU and I don't see any thermal pads on the stock backplate so, I don't think that the backplates really serve a purpose other than looks.

methimpikehoses Feb 22, 2013 12:12 AM

I normally don't care much for the nzxt cases but your setup is pretty sweet, currently pissed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com