Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Resident Evil VII_I_age coming 2021 (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34051068)

azalea Jun 11, 2020 11:03 PM

Resident Evil VII_I_age coming May 7 2021

https://www.residentevil.com/village/us/

The developer trailer does say they're going for more action, and retaining 7's first person perspective (which imo is the best use of PSVR ever, unless some bright spark fixed up a way to use it for Alyx via SteamVR).

Really hoping it's closer to RE2 in terms of "action", or maybe 4, than RE6...

Seyiji Jun 11, 2020 11:13 PM

nutcrackr Jun 12, 2020 06:00 AM

RE7 was good but imo the action pieces (last third) were the weakest. Hope the action is better this time around.

azalea Jun 12, 2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 1338199145)
RE7 was good but imo the action pieces (last third) were the weakest. Hope the action is better this time around.

:yep:

Little variety in the enemies didn't help. The combat became a little too Moldy.

azalea Jan 21, 2021 09:46 PM

Release date announced as May 7th 2021, PC version via Steam

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1352376781156868106

Move aside Cyberpunk 2077 with your Johnny Mnemonic, the new RE features a celebrity cameo from the one and only Bobby Kotick!

...the horror :runaway:

Also with RE:Verse, which is apparently a multiplayer Resident Evil shooter (4-6 player DM with respawns as zombies) . Because Umbrella Corps wasn't bad enough. Me, cynical about MP cash-ins of popular franchises?

nutcrackr Jan 22, 2021 01:32 AM

I didn't realise this was a direct sequel to RE7 with ethan and mia. Didn't they say it wasn't RE8 somewhere? Is this like a prequel to RE8 or something?

azalea Jan 22, 2021 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcrackr (Post 1338262697)
I didn't realise this was a direct sequel to RE7 with ethan and mia. Didn't they say it wasn't RE8 somewhere? Is this like a prequel to RE8 or something?

I tried to show it in the thread title; the VIII is in there :p This is RE8.

KAC Jan 22, 2021 02:56 AM

Looks like a bargain bin pickup. Not buying it unless it has a decent length single player.

Mangler Jan 22, 2021 11:02 AM

Will this have the same kind of nasty playstation exclusives as RE7?

#****sony

azalea Jan 22, 2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338262767)

#****sony

If you mean Being In VR At All, then hopefully not. I did love RE7 on PSVR though.

OverclockN' Jan 22, 2021 11:55 AM

It looks interesting enough...I guess. I really dislike these newer run and gun games compared to their original gameplay, like the RE2/RE3 remakes.

Also, film and game makers really need to get away from the names being included with the numbered version in some goofy way. It's just cheesy and lame. :lol:

DeathKnight Jan 22, 2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338262767)

#****sony

Given that they're already pushing this new one for Playstation (only showing PS5 gameplay footage and having an exclusive PS5 demo) it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

SirBaron Jan 22, 2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverclockN' (Post 1338262804)
It's just cheesy and lame. :lol:

So just like the games story/script/acting then? :p

The MP addition looks like bullshit again, not sure why they keep trying to do MP, when they just keep making hot garbage.

RE7 was the closest RE has been to a actual RE since 4, but that's not saying much.

I have not much hopes for this, but hopefully a miracle happens.

For some reason Capcom and SEGA try to resist as much as possible what their fans wants, and what they think they should have.

Crawdaddy79 Jan 22, 2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azalea (Post 1338262700)
I tried to show it in the thread title; the VIII is in there :p This is RE8.

I noticed that on the Steam ad. Well done++

Quote:

Originally Posted by azalea (Post 1338262675)
Release date announced as May 7th 2021, PC version via Steam

In before the EGS exclusive.

Sasquach Jan 22, 2021 04:18 PM

I dont really follow RE but i honestly have no idea what RE is about anymore....

Used to be about the T-Virus and Umbrella but now they've just thrown everything paranormal at it....

Im sure it all ties together nicely since Chris Redfield is still in it but jebus story seems like its getting a little ridiculous now.

RE8 has vampires, and werewolves now?

Mangler Jan 22, 2021 04:25 PM

It's the t-virus aka as the twilight-virus, makes perfect sense.

nutcrackr Jan 22, 2021 10:08 PM

Resident Evil is really part of the Twilight saga

SirBaron Jan 23, 2021 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquach (Post 1338262885)
I dont really follow RE but i honestly have no idea what RE is about anymore....

Used to be about the T-Virus and Umbrella but now they've just thrown everything paranormal at it....

Im sure it all ties together nicely since Chris Redfield is still in it but jebus story seems like its getting a little ridiculous now.

RE8 has vampires, and werewolves now?

No it really isn't tied together nicely, play re6 and you will see how ridiculous the series got.

KAC Jan 23, 2021 04:19 AM

I think it is best to bone RE1-4 as one sequence and then RE5 as a stand-alone game. RE7-8 seem to be tied together as well.

RE6 I am not sure what it’s about but I played it for a little bit and it was just Ok before I got side tracked.

theshadowcult Jan 23, 2021 04:25 AM

i think its best to just pretend 5 and 6 dont exist :D

SirBaron Jan 23, 2021 05:04 AM

5 was a decent co-op game, just a stupid as **** Resident Evil.

It's kinda like 7, it's a good game, just a meh Resident Evil. At least RE7 had the usual route of a resident evil game though, scary place, next scary place and then the umbrella style base at the end.

clerick Jan 23, 2021 05:44 AM

I'm really interested, but man Ethan is just such a lame character. The way he responds to the world and everything is just bizarre.

Meteor_of_War Jan 23, 2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338262992)
5 was a decent co-op game, just a stupid as **** Resident Evil.

It's kinda like 7, it's a good game, just a meh Resident Evil. At least RE7 had the usual route of a resident evil game though, scary place, next scary place and then the umbrella style base at the end.

I thought RE5 was OK. It played a lot like RE4 but the story and characters were far less interesting. Had some annoying parts though, including one annoying as hell boss fight. Seemed they were trying to recreate what they did with RE4 but it fell a bit short which is why it gets so underrated.

Also I would not call it a stand alone game. It definitely has lore that goes into more depth (or retcons) the story from the earlier RE games.

I'm a big RE fan but mainly for the earlier games in the series, and the remakes. I've still yet to play RE6 and RE7, and Revelations 1 and 2. Mainly because I know they are not great and I don't want to sour myself on the series. I'll eventually get around to playing RE7 soon. I know its a decent return to survival horror style of the series but I'm not too into the idea of it going to first person perspective.

SirBaron Jan 23, 2021 12:31 PM

Re5 had Chris punching boulders, that alone was enough to signal crapcom has no idea what they're doing.

I liked the game when it was a survival horror, exploring a place to escape from it, I don't even mind the action re3, hell I don't even mind stuff like hunters, lickers, giant spiders etc

It was survival horror with a dose of cheese, re4 and later were just action games with a overdose of cheese.

Re4 for me is when the series died, re4 was a good game, but the death scream of Resident Evil. Cave trols, and psycho midgets? Da fuq

Meteor_of_War Jan 23, 2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBaron (Post 1338263069)
Re4 for me is when the series died, re4 was a good game, but the death scream of Resident Evil. Cave trols, and psycho midgets? Da fuq

Yeah RE4 was certainly a watershed moment for the series. It split RE fans into two camps. I am mostly in the camp that prefers the original style of RE1, RE2, RE3, Code Veronica, etc. But there's no denying the success of RE4 and what it did to the gaming industry. Although depending on your gaming tastes, what it did might be considered good or bad. It certainly spawned a genre of 3rd person over the shoulder style games.

nutcrackr Jan 23, 2021 07:20 PM

RE5 and RE6 are the best selling in the franchise. The RE3 Remake was a bit of a flop.

theshadowcult Jan 23, 2021 08:03 PM

thats because there are a lot of people out there who watch michael bay movies and want michael bay games. Games that make you think, or process story are always niche, even when they a big successes like dark souls, half the players didnt care about the big brain lore and story.

delirium121 Jan 24, 2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338263149)
thats because there are a lot of people out there who watch michael bay movies and want michael bay games. Games that make you think, or process story are always niche, even when they a big successes like dark souls, half the players didnt care about the big brain lore and story.

Or alternatively, for those that have played the majority of RE games, 5 & 6 were a welcome distractions, delivering on the promised action side of things of the RE universe, which the originals failed to do, due to hardware limitations.
(& I still maintain that RE4 is overhyped).

SirBaron Jan 24, 2021 11:21 AM

5 was sorta borderline, but if you think 6 were a welcome distraction then what can I say.

The original was supposed to be a survival horror game, re2 more action but still had horror, re3 is where the action started to increase.

Re6 though, the Leon campaign started off sort of promising but it went so far south so quickly was a ridiculous.

Exposed Jan 25, 2021 09:16 AM

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, good location and had some genuinely creepy moments but ultimately it was an action game, but I still enjoyed it.

RE6 I stopped playing because of the shitty controls.

I liked RE7 first 3/4 because it was survival horror, then they decided to go all action on the ship. Not sure I liked that meld.

I enjoyed the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes though (except for the cheesy X men), so I expect RE8 to have very good survival parts mixed with some expected action segments. Don't like this premise of vampires and werewolves though, that's not what RE was ever about. Unless they force a cringy connection with some virus that causes their condition. :bleh: