Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Meteor_of_War Jan 6, 2012 08:48 AM

Your computer is beastly. Must have cost a pretty penny.

demo Jan 6, 2012 09:04 AM

Aw thanks buddy, and yeh was a few bucks but I sold old gear to recoop a lot of it.

BababooeyHTJ Jan 6, 2012 03:44 PM

Who is going to follow that? :lol:

demo Jan 6, 2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336802938)
Who is going to follow that? :lol:

You! wheres your beast? I wouldnt mind seeing nokos big bad bulldozer system too.

BababooeyHTJ Jan 6, 2012 05:05 PM

I was actually thinking about posting some updated pics, not now. :p

Meteor_of_War Jan 6, 2012 05:42 PM

You guys are lucky, enjoy it.

I am struggling to scrounge together the extra cash to do a modest upgrade to my aging configuration. I was supposed to do it back in December but had to put it off until February.:(

KAC Jan 7, 2012 02:27 PM

@Arrowslinger

Yeah, the case for the money was dope. Also I am also in the flux to get either a second 6970 or a 7970. Don't know what I will opt into as my PSU is rather weak.

BababooeyHTJ Jan 7, 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KickAssCop (Post 1336803674)
@Arrowslinger

Yeah, the case for the money was dope. Also I am also in the flux to get either a second 6970 or a 7970. Don't know what I will opt into as my PSU is rather weak.

When I was running 6950 crossfire unlocked with an overclocked i7 860 I didn't see much over 500w at the wall while gaming. I wouldn't worry too much about your psu.

demo Jan 7, 2012 02:45 PM

Damn here I was hoping baba had posted his beast, but I open the thread just to find boring psu talk :p

BababooeyHTJ Jan 7, 2012 03:00 PM

Fine, here it is. :mad:

:p




demo Jan 7, 2012 03:03 PM

Very nice and clean build and set up m8, I'm a fan of the 90 degree rotated mobo config, and the monitor looks great too ;)

Nice speakers too, you got a 5.1 system or 2.1?

BababooeyHTJ Jan 7, 2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demo (Post 1336803719)
Very nice and clean build and set up m8, I'm a fan of the 90 degree rotated mobo config, and the monitor looks great too ;)

Nice speakers too, you got a 5.1 system or 2.1?

I like the FT-02 it does great with cooling and I've had this case for a while now and it still doesn't need a dusting. At times I wish that I went with more of a standard case though. There is next to no space under the bottom card. If you look closely at the top pic you'll see that I had to pull the sata power cable to get the card to fit. I had to go and buy a 90 degree sata power cable.

Nope, just 2.0 actually. They still put out a fair amount of bass. I actually prefer them to my headphones most of the time.

demo Jan 7, 2012 03:22 PM

Thats why you needed leet maximus 4 extreme! it comes with 8 right angled sata cables :bleh:

I'm addicted to my two 5.1 systems (one at PC, the other in lounge room with 50" plasma also connected to PC). I know 5.1 is plenty, but I want a 7.1 system now lol.

I have a confession to make though, when I use the 5.1 system at my PC its too loud to use my 900/2050 oc profile, so I go back to 820/2050.. but with noise canceling headphones I cant hear the cards so 900/2050 is ok. Anyway, you need headphones for BF3 and such, as good as 5.1 or 7.1 is, theres no comparison to headphones imo for online gaming.

edit:btw, wheres your leet sabertooth mobo covers?!

BababooeyHTJ Jan 7, 2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demo (Post 1336803743)
Thats why you needed leet maximus 4 extreme! it comes with 8 right angled sata cables :bleh:

I'm addicted to my two 5.1 systems (one at PC, the other in lounge room with 50" plasma also connected to PC). I know 5.1 is plenty, but I want a 7.1 system now lol.

I have a confession to make though, when I use the 5.1 system at my PC its too loud to use my 900/2050 oc profile, so I go back to 820/2050.. but with noise canceling headphones I cant hear the cards so 900/2050 is ok. Anyway, you need headphones for BF3 and such, as good as 5.1 or 7.1 is, theres no comparison to headphones imo for online gaming.

edit:btw, wheres your leet sabertooth mobo covers?!

I've always wanted to play around with a 5.1 setup but due to where I have my computer setup I'm not sure how I could layout the speakers. I'm sure that a properly set up 5.1 system must be very nice.

I agree that headphones are definitely an advantage for online gaming. I do find it easier to miss little details like where a footstep may be coming from. I'm still trying to find a set of headphones that I like as much as my speakers for just a little bit of everything.

As for the stupid thermal armor on the sabertooth. I remember a thread here where a few members where having issues with the board overheating without using a fan. I still want to use the top pci-e slot so I just pulled off the thermal armor. I think that it looks better that way anyways.

How has the MIVE been treating you? It sounds like a killer board. Also what do you think about the 650? It looks like a great all around case. Must be a big step up from the Antec 1200, I had one of those rat's nests too.

demo Jan 8, 2012 06:20 AM

Lol man antec 1200 is the biggest POS I've ever owned.. I cant believe such a giant case had such little room inside.. there was no back plate opening to change cooler brackets meaning you had to pull the entire board out, stupid HDD trays that were the most difficult to deal with ever and just a generally poor design in every way imaginable.. Corsair 650D kicks ass, nice looking, heaps of room despite being smaller and excellent design making everything so easy to work with.

MIVE is kicking ass man, its like a mobo from the future compared to my x58 boards, which I guess it is lol.

The antec case + MSI board was really difficult to work with and had strange places for cables etc making cable managemnt a nightmare, but with the MIVE everything is placed logically and in combination with the 650D is very easy to work with. Board clocks well from what I can tell, looks mean and clean, whats not to like?

BababooeyHTJ Jan 8, 2012 08:53 AM

Which MSI board were you running? Did they ever fix the crappy voltage regulation? I know that with my P55-GD65 it either had excessive vdroop or negative vdroop if I turned on loadline. I guess that it was a problem across most of their lineup.

KAC Jan 8, 2012 08:57 AM

Baba, wtf is your computer tilted?

BababooeyHTJ Jan 8, 2012 08:59 AM

I'm no photographer and thats putting it mildly.

demo Jan 8, 2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336804196)
Which MSI board were you running? Did they ever fix the crappy voltage regulation? I know that with my P55-GD65 it either had excessive vdroop or negative vdroop if I turned on loadline. I guess that it was a problem across most of their lineup.

I had an MSI bigbang xpower, was actually a beast of a mobo, rock solid stable with the best power delivery of any x58 board for CPU, Mem & pcie slots. Could get better oc out of it than my friends maximus 3 extreme when using the same i7 970 and RAM. That thing made the UD3 & UD5's I had before it seem like little toys. I'm shattered I damaged it actually, I loved that board and 970.

fasedw Jan 8, 2012 01:41 PM

New cpu and motherboard
 
Here's some updated pics of my ATI rig:D


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

demo Jan 8, 2012 01:45 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Nunz Jan 8, 2012 02:42 PM

I just find that big ass ATI logo taking away from the "view" inside that beast.
Nice rig though!

fasedw Jan 8, 2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336804402)
I just find that big ass ATI logo taking away from the "view" inside that beast.
Nice rig though!

Yeah Maybe, I might take it off someday.;)

SHIZIC Jan 13, 2012 04:42 PM




KAC Jan 15, 2012 01:51 AM

That red led on the cooler is dope. Dayem!

Meteor_of_War Jan 15, 2012 09:42 AM

Nice.:up:

Corsair cases are sweet. I just got the 650D, going to use it for my next build. Best mid-tower chassis I've ever seen.

fasedw Jan 15, 2012 04:19 PM

took Ati Log off
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunz (Post 1336804402)
I just find that big ass ATI logo taking away from the "view" inside that beast.
Nice rig though!

I took ATI Logo Off, Looks better now.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BababooeyHTJ Jan 15, 2012 05:33 PM

Is that a FiiO e9? Are you running off of a sound card? If so what are you using to hook it up? How do you like it and what are you driving? I'm thinking of picking one up myself.

fasedw Jan 15, 2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ (Post 1336811504)
Is that a FiiO e9? Are you running off of a sound card? If so what are you using to hook it up? How do you like it and what are you driving? I'm thinking of picking one up myself.

Yeaph hooked up to headphone out on the creative hd sound card. I like it because it just amps the sound and doesn't mess with the sound cards dacs, Some times I hook up my denon AH-D2000 headphones, otherwis my audio Technics ATH-AD700 Headphones. I like it alot.:D

BababooeyHTJ Jan 15, 2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasedw (Post 1336811506)
Yeaph hooked up to headphone out on the creative hd sound card. I like it because it just amps the sound and doesn't mess with the sound cards dacs, Some times I hook up my denon AH-D2000 headphones, otherwis my audio Technics ATH-AD700 Headphones. I like it alot.:D

Nice thats what I was hoping for I had played around with a receiver that I have which does a good job amping my HD598 but adds a bit too much of its own color to the sound. The e9 sounds like what I'm looking for.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright 1998-2011 Rage3D.com