Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   General Hardware (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   -Post pics of your computer- (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33744307)

Flyordie Jan 10, 2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evileh (Post 1338321462)
Yeah mega get a gpu bracket it's almost required these days. Damn gpus be big bois.

Odd... Mine doesn't need one... and it weighs more than his. Must just be poor build quality. :lol:

Seyiji Jan 10, 2022 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1338322568)
Odd... Mine doesn't need one... and it weighs more than his. Must just be poor build quality. :lol:

It's 'stralia everything is spinning backwards with xbox hugh spiders dangling off the shrouds like a chain swing ride at an amusement park.

Megaman Jan 10, 2022 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1338322568)
Odd... Mine doesn't need one... and it weighs more than his. Must just be poor build quality. :lol:

According to your specs you don’t own a 30 series card nor a 6000 series card. If you have simply forgotten to update the specs then I propose a 3 week ban. See who laughs now.

Nunz Jan 10, 2022 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1338322568)
Odd... Mine doesn't need one... and it weighs more than his. Must just be poor build quality. :lol:

Damn, that's a troll attempt if I ever seen one.

andino Jan 11, 2022 08:50 PM

:yep:

CurrentlyPissed Jan 12, 2022 02:01 PM

New desktopless setup

Laptop is a Asus G15 Advantage Edition Ryzen 9 5900HX, 6800M, 16GB Ram, 300Hz IPS.

11568 Score on 3dMark TimeSpy without any OCing or even touching fans.
Graphics score was 12101 >.>

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/25223928


Lazy8s Jan 12, 2022 02:16 PM

Really nice CurrentlyPissed. Desktop-less here as well, but not nearly that neat.

Didnít you just build a desktop recently?

CurrentlyPissed Jan 12, 2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy8s (Post 1338323082)
Really nice CurrentlyPissed. Desktop-less here as well, but not nearly that neat.

Didn’t you just build a desktop recently?

Yeah, I've been building and selling them. Kinda tinkering around with ideas. I do want to do a SSFF build, but going to wait until we get into the house.

To be honest the clean look and ease of a laptop is nice. And using it as a second monitor, if it wasn't as loud it'd be an ideal option.

Lazy8s Jan 12, 2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed (Post 1338323083)
Yeah, I've been building and selling them. Kinda tinkering around with ideas. I do want to do a SSFF build, but going to wait until we get into the house.

To be honest the clean look and ease of a laptop is nice. And using it as a second monitor, if it wasn't as loud it'd be an ideal option.

Iím enjoying the ease of a laptop setup too. No regret purchase :up:

lmchv Jan 12, 2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338321661)
that's some errrmm...."interesting" cable-management right there :bleh:

what cable management? :nuts: :lol:

Hapatingjaky Jan 12, 2022 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmchv (Post 1338323116)
what cable management? :nuts: :lol:

KAC's is still worse.

shrike126 Jan 14, 2022 04:31 PM

I have some cable management to do still. And a bunch of art to put up on the wall (we just moved in November).




demo Jan 14, 2022 04:44 PM

Dog looks happy with set up!

shrike126 Jan 14, 2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demo (Post 1338323430)
Dog looks happy with set up!

He wants to go outside right now mother****er why aren't we outside yet there's deer and stuff outside.

KAC Jan 14, 2022 09:44 PM

That’s a proper man cave.

Flyordie Jan 16, 2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megaman (Post 1338322574)
According to your specs you donít own a 30 series card nor a 6000 series card. If you have simply forgotten to update the specs then I propose a 3 week ban. See who laughs now.

Not my fault manufacturers cheap out on the frame stiffeners. Them 3080's need some cross-members. :bleh:

Evileh Jan 16, 2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyordie (Post 1338323672)
Not my fault manufacturers cheap out on the frame stiffeners. Them 3080's need some cross-members. :bleh:

I think you fail to understand just how massive these cards are lol

Silent-Runner Jan 17, 2022 01:48 AM

i'm surprised you can work on that pc sitting that close to this giant monitor, Shrike126. Otherwise a nice, clean setup.

Crawdaddy79 Jan 17, 2022 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338323751)
i'm surprised you can work on that pc sitting that close to this giant monitor, Shrike126. Otherwise a nice, clean setup.

That's almost everyone these days. I don't get it.

I will have my monitor pushed to the back edge of my desk and my keyboard served to me on a pull out tray for as long as I am able to.

shrike126 Jan 17, 2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338323751)
i'm surprised you can work on that pc sitting that close to this giant monitor, Shrike126. Otherwise a nice, clean setup.

It works pretty well. It's like having a regular ultrawide monitor, that's just taller. But you don't have to use all of the screen all of the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 (Post 1338323773)
That's almost everyone these days. I don't get it.

You don't have to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338323469)
Thatís a proper man cave.

Thank you. Some work left to do but I'm having fun with it already.

Lazy8s Jan 18, 2022 08:33 AM

Looking good shrike :up:

What brand is that chair? I like it, and need a new one.

Whereís the PS5? :runaway:

Silent-Runner Jan 18, 2022 09:07 AM

looks like a Wafting, my wife has a very similar one, a Aiidoits.


Lazy8s Jan 18, 2022 09:28 AM

Iíll check those out, thanks Silent-runner! :up:

shrike126 Jan 18, 2022 12:52 PM

That looks really close. It's actually an Autonomous ErgoChair that Sara picked up a while back and then swapped with me when she stole my chair after a move. But it looks almost identical to that chair Silent shared.

logical Jan 18, 2022 01:19 PM

I was going to buy that ergo chair but the only thing holding me back is that I want a mesh seat.

shrike126 Jan 18, 2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logical (Post 1338323910)
I was going to buy that ergo chair but the only thing holding me back is that I want a mesh seat.

I don't notice not having the mesh cushion as much as I thought I would. And the mesh seats are pricier. But yeah, if I had it to do over again I'd probably hold out and buy a seat with a mesh cushion.

Lazy8s Jan 18, 2022 02:05 PM

Nice, thanks Shrike.

Silent-Runner Jan 18, 2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrike126 (Post 1338323903)
That looks really close. It's actually an Autonomous ErgoChair that Sara picked up a while back and then swapped with me when she stole my chair after a move. But it looks almost identical to that chair Silent shared.


oof, yours is 549 bucks (if i saw that right)? Really? The one my wife has was around 150 bucks :hmm: I've never seen a complete mesh one, but my guess would be it's very pricey, also i'm not sure if that would be very comfy if used over a longer period of time.

logical Jan 18, 2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338323947)
oof, yours is 549 bucks (if i saw that right)? Really? The one my wife has was around 150 bucks :hmm: I've never seen a complete mesh one, but my guess would be it's very pricey, also i'm not sure if that would be very comfy if used over a longer period of time.


Wife has one.


Its pretty damn comfy and keeps everything cool ;) Which is why Im looking for one with mesh all around.

shrike126 Jan 18, 2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent-Runner (Post 1338323947)
oof, yours is 549 bucks (if i saw that right)? Really? The one my wife has was around 150 bucks :hmm: I've never seen a complete mesh one, but my guess would be it's very pricey, also i'm not sure if that would be very comfy if used over a longer period of time.

Actually, no it was closer to $300 when we bought this one.



This is from the receipt. I had to look it up. It was free shipping at the time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com