Rage3D Discussion Area

Rage3D Discussion Area (http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Biomutant gets a Release date (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34052174)

SD-[Inc] May 25, 2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338286934)
I saw nothing but glowing reviews for Death Stranding (and I'm still not sure about that one)...

Right at launch it got the title "walking simulator" and was panned as boring and tedious. This was because most reviewers didn't really spend the time to play the game. Just played a short while, got a few impressions and wrote negative reviews. The real "good" reviews didn't come out until much later. Who knows if Biomutant has the same long term appeal. The only way to know is to play the game. Something I will start doing once I get off work :)

SD-[Inc] May 25, 2021 05:12 PM

Let's start talking about the game, INSTEAD of reviews!! What classes did you guys pick and why? I'll be off in a few hours and face the agonizing choice of setting up my character. What did you do??

Silent-Runner May 25, 2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338287003)
Let's start talking about the game, INSTEAD of reviews!! What classes did you guys pick and why? I'll be off in a few hours and face the agonizing choice of setting up my character. What did you do??

Tested mercenary and sharpshooter so far. Both are fun and very different. Although skills you choose make the biggest difference in gameplay. Hardest difficulty is actually hard but rewarding. Weapon customization is outright craaaaaaazy :lol:

xCLAVEx May 25, 2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338287000)
Right at launch it got the title "walking simulator" and was panned as boring and tedious. This was because most reviewers didn't really spend the time to play the game. Just played a short while, got a few impressions and wrote negative reviews. The real "good" reviews didn't come out until much later. Who knows if Biomutant has the same long term appeal. The only way to know is to play the game. Something I will start doing once I get off work :)

I really hope it is good actually, so I look forward to your anal isis over time! :manches:

xCLAVEx May 25, 2021 05:44 PM

A tip for getting started;

Quote:

Don't agonize over picking your class
Biomutant makes you think it's going to be a class-based RPG, but the fences all fall down the moment you hit the road. Gear is rarely stat-limited—it’s typically gated by your character level—so any mutant can wear anything. Every psi-power, Biomutant's take on magic, is open to all characters as well, so there's almost no meaningful difference in your class choice except for how you'll play through the intro. I started off intending to play a psi-power focused character, but the abilities were quickly outpaced by all the powerful weapons I threw together.

Cyko May 25, 2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] (Post 1338287003)

Picked mercenary. Just got to the childhood village so I’m not far enough to make a call yet.

Dungeoncrawler May 25, 2021 08:23 PM

Mercenary was not available at start for some people including myself. Glad to see it was fixed rather quickly :up: . Merc for me on the light side of the force.

edit: what is it with games for pc not having a kb/m walk ability?

Eisberg May 25, 2021 08:35 PM

Holy cow, I cannot believe this. So EA is honoring their "mistake" (or maybe it wasn't a mistake at all?" and Biomutant is in my library right now, downloading the game. I got the game from EA for $3, they were selling it as a pre-order through EA Desktop On Saturday, only through EA Desktop. This awesome price happened late saturday evening for only 2 hours or so, I got in at the tale end.

I'm very surprised at this. :D

SD-[Inc] May 25, 2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyko (Post 1338287022)
Picked mercenary. Just got to the childhood village so I’m not far enough to make a call yet.

Me too. I just went past that level and that's where the game actually begins. So, I don't have any real feedback yet today. The whole tutorial felt very not open-world like. But once you climb out of the training level the world looks a lot more interesting. Play more tomorrow. The open world RPG elements seem to be there. The tutorial didn't really do much there though. Let's see.

KAC May 26, 2021 07:06 AM

Watched a live stream by a gay and it was indeed boring af. It was also taking him forever to kill anything (playing on normal). Also graphics looked like ass when compared to trailers. Not sure where they faltered but I am glad that I got my refund.

Btw the narrator was annoying af.

azalea May 26, 2021 07:48 AM

That's why I was reminded of Borederlands. Bullet (kung fu?) sponge enemies and no beer make me something something.

Sundance Kid V2 May 26, 2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAC (Post 1338287100)
Watched a live stream by a gay and it was indeed boring af. It was also taking him forever to kill anything (playing on normal). Also graphics looked like ass when compared to trailers. Not sure where they faltered but I am glad that I got my refund.

Btw the narrator was annoying af.

Sad to see the game fail (not bomb).. maybe they can fix it

xCLAVEx May 26, 2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 (Post 1338287136)
Sad to see the game fail (not bomb).. maybe they can fix it

It is possible. No Man's Sky was terrible at launch but the devs did not give up. Not only that, but the game has a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of content now that it didn't have on release, and it goes waaaaaaaaaay beyond what was even originally planned. It is a AAA game now.

Jet Black May 26, 2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azalea (Post 1338287116)
That's why I was reminded of Borederlands. Bullet (kung fu?) sponge enemies and no beer make me something something.

…go crazy?

Sundance Kid V2 May 26, 2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCLAVEx (Post 1338287150)
It is possible. No Man's Sky was terrible at launch but the devs did not give up. Not only that, but the game has a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of content now that it didn't have on release, and it goes waaaaaaaaaay beyond what was even originally planned. It is a AAA game now.

Very true. Maybe these devs can pull a NMS .

SD-[Inc] May 26, 2021 07:19 PM

Game has a Darksiders feel to it so far. Need to play more ....

azalea May 26, 2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Black (Post 1338287152)
…go crazy?

...doNT MiNd iF i dO!

Jet Black May 26, 2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azalea (Post 1338287217)
...doNT MiNd iF i dO!

The payoff was worth it, thank you! :D

The Steam reviews of this game are interesting. Most of the negatives seem really thorough and almost apologetic. It's like the game is on the cusp of something great, but just doesn't reach it in some ways. Seems like it will be enjoyable for many, even the negative reviewers, but something about it is just falling short. I almost feel bad for the game.

Sundance Kid V2 May 27, 2021 05:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okzPNoF522M

This video the guy says $60. But here it's like $75

Reading the comments there is a mix bag.

Silent-Runner May 27, 2021 01:33 PM

i'm really enjoying it as _all_ of my friends also do. So, as usual, some hate it - some love it. Find out by yourself. If you are unsure and have no chance to try before buy, simply don't buy it. I mean it's not like it will vanish if you don't buy it right now.

SD-[Inc] May 29, 2021 01:58 PM

I find it fun. But not a $60 AAA release. I've gotten far enough to get a decent feel and it's fun. But, could have been a lot better. Combat and weapons are fine. But, exploration so far is lackluster. There isn't really any cool hidden items or pickups. Most are in plain sight. For example you scan an area and see something like a big hole blown into the second story of a building and think "seems like a good place for decent item to hide". Jump around on ledges and roofs until you can get close enough to hope in and nothing... I've given up on doing anything but obvious paths now. My other major complaint is the whole third person perspective. It should be over-the shoulder. Instead it is almost an isometric interface. This kills the immersion for me as most fights look like a bunch of little stuffed animals fighting each other. Your character creator is really the only place that your actual character can been seen. The rest of the game you view the top of their head. The narrator is fine and a little annoying at times. "It's dark out so you cannot be seen as easily", gee ... thanks for the info :rolleyes: But the biggest problem is how aggressive they hand-hold you through the game. "Hey that platform doesn't look very steady", ... It looks like you can turn a lot of it down. I need to tweak it because it is getting annoying.

Jet Black May 29, 2021 03:47 PM

Thanks for reporting back! I’ll keep this on my wishlist for sale season.

Drexion May 29, 2021 03:54 PM

I heard in some countries this game retailed at $75 US. The price point imo is probably the primary cause of the negative feedback from players, because if you list your game at $60 it's gonna get compared to other $60 games, and that puts you up against other very highly lauded titles.

If they sold at doubleA price, maybe around $45 or so then there probably would be a lot more leniency by the playerbase around the game's faults.

If they sold at indie price, maybe around $25-30 or so players would probably be recommending this game to to other gamers who were looking for a time killer.

They prob made the most $ from selling at 60, they probably have accountants and number-crunchers at the publisher who calculate these values, but at the cost of losing some trust/reputability with their customers.

Sundance Kid V2 May 30, 2021 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drexion (Post 1338287713)
I heard in some countries this game retailed at $75 US. The price point imo is probably the primary cause of the negative feedback from players, because if you list your game at $60 it's gonna get compared to other $60 games, and that puts you up against other very highly lauded titles.

If they sold at doubleA price, maybe around $45 or so then there probably would be a lot more leniency by the playerbase around the game's faults.

If they sold at indie price, maybe around $25-30 or so players would probably be recommending this game to to other gamers who were looking for a time killer.

They prob made the most $ from selling at 60, they probably have accountants and number-crunchers at the publisher who calculate these values, but at the cost of losing some trust/reputability with their customers.

We got the $75 price. Way too expensive.

theshadowcult May 30, 2021 04:21 AM

$75? Too expensive? Bwahhahahahah AHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh man... thats funny.

Sundance Kid V2 May 30, 2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338287775)
$75? Too expensive? Bwahhahahahah AHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh man... thats funny.

to each his own. I can afford it.. but I wont pay that. 3-6 months later.. way cheaper.

Mangler May 30, 2021 10:02 AM

Isn't 75 real dollars basically the same as 100 AUD?

Silent-Runner May 30, 2021 01:13 PM

i really like the game but even i wouldn't have bought it for 60 bucks, let alone 75. I wouldn't buy most games at that pricetag.

theshadowcult May 30, 2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 (Post 1338287796)
to each his own. I can afford it.. but I wont pay that. 3-6 months later.. way cheaper.

Point was its 100 in australia :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangler (Post 1338287797)
Isn't 75 real dollars basically the same as 100 AUD?

A lot of the time currency exchange is meaningless for regular locals. A lot of the time currency exchange is misleading because of currency trading. 100 dollars in aus is a 100 dollars in us. Everything in the us is waaaay cheaper than what we pay in aus, and our job pay is fairly equivalent. Only thing ive seen that seems to be reasonably similar is rent.

Sundance Kid V2 May 30, 2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshadowcult (Post 1338287897)
Point was its 100 in australia :P

my bad :heart: