View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2015, 04:19 PM   #19
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
There is a reason the Cayman is limited on power and that no one else puts the engine in the same spot as the 911.

Don't get me wrong, I love 911's but they are fundamentally flawed by design. That doesn't produce a great driver just from driving 911's. A great driver can learn the traits of any car.
The Cayman is limited on power because it is an entry level Porsche, and it outperforming a 911 would look bad -- that is the one and only reason. That said, the engine placement is superior on the Cayman versus the 911 -- superior sports car platform IMO, which is why I want one.

The flawed design theory was true in the early 60's, since then with wider wheels, tires, a longer wheelbase and technology has changed that. Longer and wider over time making it easier to move and much more stable -- particularly when more power was injected. No other car has ever shown a production life 50+ years without an entire re-style or re-engineering of its basic foundation -- pretty sure if it was flawed they would have made a change...