Thread: New Monitor
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2020, 05:36 PM   #160
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Spent some time getting the computer hooked up to a DisplayPort cable today. I have kind of an odd setup with the cables going through the wall and the PC sitting in the guest bedroom, rather than the office with me. It's always 100% quiet in here and never gets warm from a PC. Loving it.

So now I'm finally using 144Hz. Soooooo, it's ok??? I mean, it's definitely smoother and I can obviously tell. But it's by no means a game changer for me. It's just kind of a subtle thing that's kind of nice, but I'm not sure I'd notice the difference if I just walked up to a PC in a store and it was at 60Hz or 144Hz. I tested GTA V at 100fps, and it's definitely smoother, but again it's kind of a subtle thing and I'd also be just fine at 60fps. So I'm not sure I'm on the whole high refresh bandwagon yet. It's not really doing much for me.

GSYNC is pretty nice. I tested Shadow of the TombRaider that only runs 48-50fps average and it's perfectly smooth. Getting the job done, and that'll be super nice to have.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600