Thread: New Monitor
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2020, 10:02 PM   #167
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Fisheye is exactly why I don’t have one. Even games claiming that they support UW do not do it properly. The stretching in fps games would give me a headache.

At least in the games I tried 4-5 years ago, I did FOV changes or hacks and the monitor was just not for me. I am still thinking about whether I should buy one but when I saw some random game playing in the store demo I could see the stretching quite visibly.

It’s something that some people call peripheral vision and how it creates immersion but for me it is stretching and how it completely distorts my vision. Stretched trees, walls, oval tyres, extended bonnets or car interiors, leaves that should be straight tilting in games towards both edges just ruined the fun for me.

Can you try some new games and talk about them like Doom Eternal, Control, Borderlands 3, Star Wars game etc. would love to know what is the status in those games. 1st and 3rd person games are the ones that suffer the most.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote