Thread: New Monitor
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2020, 05:40 PM   #187
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Do you happen to wear glasses? Because if you do, you might be aware of that moment when you either first get them or get a new prescription. Your brain takes a bit to adapt to the change in the optics. A similar thing happens with a wider FOV setups. This has been a thing since 3D graphics, it's also why fov adjustments have been common place since at least Quake.

btw you can adjust the fov more in Doom using console commands. The command is "g_fov". Now the difference here is going to be even more exaggerated on my 32:9 display, but here's a quick screen shot of the difference between a FOV of 100 and FOV of 75 in Doom 2016. Note, that a fov of around 75 is really common on consoles to try and reduce that fisheye effect.
Thanks Trunks, I'll play around with it a bit. I don't wear glasses, but I think I understand what you're saying.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600