View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2021, 08:16 AM   #12
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Unless you get a good deal on a 10900K (wouldn't touch the 10850K or 10900F - these are defective cores that didn't make the cut for the 10900K) I would just wait.

Alder Lake will be the platform worth moving to, but it will be expensive.

I'm considering waiting for the X299 replacement and getting off the mainstream platforms all together unless they start giving us more PCI-E lanes.
So 10 core is the way to go, forget 8. I could get it for $370 from Best Buy after they price match MC and I have some BB cash. Good enough price to be tempting?

What about mobo? Z490? What's a decent one that would let me do all core 5.3?

EDIT: Looking to get resizable BAR support. That can make a difference in some current and future games. Also, CPU scaling on something like Cyberpunk will benefit from my 8086K to even an 8 core 10th gen CPU.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Mar 7, 2021 at 10:15 AM.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote