View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:44 PM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think $370 is a great price. Also, don't get crazy thinking you'll hit 5.3 all-core. Expect 5.1, and if it's a good bin, 5.2 or 5.3. My chip does 5.2 but I run it at 5.1, and it's one of the worst bins; however I tweaked the **** out of it. Also consider you're only on a 240mm rad. This isn't an 8086K, you're stepping up into the big leagues in terms of power draw and thermals I'm not sure a 240mm rad would be able to handle much beyond 5Ghz or 5.1Ghz.

Resizeable BAR is already released on all Z490 boards if I'm not mistaken, just requires a BIOS update, and some even have PCIE4.0 support if you dropped in a Rocket Lake chip.

I would go with the MSI Z490 Unify. I think it's $290. Other than that, MSI Z490 Tomahawk @ $199.

There's a round-up video from Gamers Nexus run by Buildzoid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iLS...el=GamersNexus

I seen improvements going from my 9900K @ 5Ghz to the 10900K @ 5.1. The extra cache and much stronger memory controller make a difference.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote