View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2021, 06:34 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
While monitor settings will be specific to the monitor, do you not find 30% brightness to also be searingly bright?

I would argue that maybe it's too bright if you find yourself needing to adjust the brightness when looking at dark vs. bright content.
It's not really that bright at 30, maybe even arguably a bit on the dim side, which is why in some dark games I need to turn it up. If I used my computer exclusively for gaming/movies 40 or 50 would probably be closer to ideal.

It's just a different experience with full screen graphics of different gradients of colors (few of which are full white), versus a screen that is 75-90% blasting out full white light. The thing is when I'm working on text I don't need the background to even be remotely white. As long as I can read the text, if it's like dingy gray it doesn't matter. In the past when staring at text for hours I've felt that putting the brightness on the minimum helps with eye fatigue. Maybe my eyes are just more sensitive to this sort of thing. With my current monitor I don't usually turn it down from 30, so it's not that bad at that setting.

The other thing to consider is that your eyes adapt to different brightness levels, so you can quickly acclimate to different settings up to a point. So, when turning down from 100 brightness to say 50, or from 50 to 30, for a second or two it looks really dim, but then your eyes adjust and it looks pretty much the same.

Last edited by Nagorak : Mar 31, 2021 at 06:43 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote