View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2018, 04:52 AM   #12
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Is there any high output fan that is loud? Are you talking about their dust resistant fans?
Their PPC3000 RPM fan or whatever. One of the worst fans I've ever used/heard. At full blast you couldn't even be in the same room with it. But it was tuned so far towards output you couldn't really turn it down enough that it would be quiet (30% was still around 1000 RPM).

The fan did what it was designed to do, but it was terrible. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would buy one of them!

As far as quiet high output fans, the only fan I've really been impressed with is the Corsair ML series. I have two in push/pull on my VR computer's GPU radiator. They're still pretty loud at full blast, but the noise they produce relative to the amount of air being moved is decent. And you can turn them down to the point where they're silent from more than 3 feet away. They're also expensive though and arguably not really worth it except in a situation where you need that much power.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote