Thread: New gaming pc
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2020, 09:57 AM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
32 GB is required these days given Windows eats a chunk of memory and all. I would keep the 32 GB for future proofing. It is a solid build, however, I would suggest either a 5600X or 5900X given what everyone is saying about the AMD processor lineup.
It's not required at all. I only have 16GB and don't have any performance issues.

You could get 32GB now for future proofing (way in the future) but IMO its a better choice to just go with 16GB now and put the saved money towards the GPU. You can always upgrade to 32GB later down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
that's a good question, i forgot to add the monitor.

I thought about something like this: 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B | WQHD, IPS, 144Hz.

And yes, that's not included in the ~2000? (of course not)
Great choice, I just got the 34" ultrawide version and its awesome.

I'd definitely go with the 3080 (or AMD equivalent - 6800XT) if you're using 1440 or above resolution with high refresh rate. It will give good performance overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If using with gaming in mind, save money and get a 5600X, just look at all the reviews and you will see why. If more then gaming, get the 5900X.
Agree with this as well. 5600X is plenty good enough even with less cores. Although, might need to settle with whatever is available.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote