View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:27 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think under volting this CPU is a must for me to maintain decent temperatures. Almost 12 C difference. I was running CODBOCW for about 1 hour and hitting 83 C tops w/ core boost to max of 5.1 Gs and other cores around the usual 4.65 Gs to 4.85 Gs. However, just set the volts down to 1.25 and look at the magic. Lost maybe 50 MHz here and there, no impact on FPS, but temps down to 71 C max. And usually under 70 C for most of the gaming time. Also it doesn't make my balls sweat with all the heat coming out of the case.

Can't wait for new bios that will allow for even lower volts (possibly 1.15 or 1.2 volts) and if it boosts back to about 5 Gs I am golden.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote