View Single Post
Old May 3, 2021, 06:57 PM   #33
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
To keep Steam as the number 1 PC download vendor forever? Yes. That's the definition of monopoly power.
I likely don't understand the definition of "monopoly power" or I don't disagree with it because I think that Steam has put themselves in a position where they are the best, but they are not unbeatable nor are they unchallenged.

I guess where I'm lost is why does someone get to sue someone else because they are the best at something? If they have a superior service and want to charge more for it and have contracts that stipulate controls, as a developer (or publisher) I'm still free to take it or leave it. I don't know retail that well, but I'm sure it's similar. I can't afford to pay for the front kiosk, eye-level display at the best store, so I won't sell as well. Or I do pay more and sell lots. Should we be suing retail for this because they are controlling what sells and hence the market?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad