View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 07:43 PM   #366
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
thank
they look good

but acrylic tops on video cards at 3090 prices
and what no AMD cards ?

not since i lost two ati 4870's in cfx due to acrylic tops cracking around their bolts
600 bucks out the window
They're pretty small - still a new start-up company. They've been pummeled by COVID which really slowed them down. They haven't said much about making blocks for AMD GPUs, but let's be honest .. there's way more customers looking for NV blocks, so kind of have to prioritize the larger market as a small company.

The acrylic they use is not the cheapo stuff you see from Alphacool and other companies. Apparently this acrylic is extremely heavy-duty. I'm also a fan of Acetal tops (and I also prefer a blacked-out design rather than RGB-puke-bling or seeing the fluid in the block) but hopefully down the road we see more options.

They just moved to a new Cerakote finish rather than anodized Nickel - apparently it's better for heat transfer and removes the chance of nickel flaking.

Quote:
it's acetal or full copper only for me on blocks

and the full copper Heatkiller IV pro is a deadly weapon if you throw it at someone
yeah, the Heatkiller IV Pro is a monster! I love mine .. runs phenomenal on my 10900K mounted direct-die. They said they have plans for a new model (Heatkiller V) for 2022 .. hoping we see that as well. I'll need a new block for the Intel X299 successor
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote