View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 08:43 PM   #367
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
They're pretty small - still a new start-up company. They've been pummeled by COVID which really slowed them down. They haven't said much about making blocks for AMD GPUs, but let's be honest .. there's way more customers looking for NV blocks, so kind of have to prioritize the larger market as a small company.

The acrylic they use is not the cheapo stuff you see from Alphacool and other companies. Apparently this acrylic is extremely heavy-duty. I'm also a fan of Acetal tops (and I also prefer a blacked-out design rather than RGB-puke-bling or seeing the fluid in the block) but hopefully down the road we see more options.

They just moved to a new Cerakote finish rather than anodized Nickel - apparently it's better for heat transfer and removes the chance of nickel flaking.

yeah, the Heatkiller IV Pro is a monster! I love mine .. runs phenomenal on my 10900K mounted direct-die. They said they have plans for a new model (Heatkiller V) for 2022 .. hoping we see that as well. I'll need a new block for the Intel X299 successor
well i marked them and may well give them a try if they make a block for RDNA 3 that is first this time with me

and may well skip lovelace along with ampere depends on prices
not going to drop 4k on two cards that i can only use one at a time
having both is not that big of deal without SLI/CFX

i do like they are made here
my AM4 block is a all copper EK and it has been fine
and my 2080 ti Strix just doesn't need it it's fine on air

but i do think RDNA 3 will need water .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote