View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2021, 02:58 PM   #217
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You can run the 11 series on a Z490. Some boards will even do PCIE4.0. I'm not sure if there's any official support yet but I believe the MSI boards all have everything needed to support PCIE4.0 support once you drop a compliant chip in.

Rebar support is good on all Z490 and I believe everyone has released BIOS updates to comply; I know both ASUS and MSI had updates out as early as December 2020.

The Tomahawk has excellent VRMs and build quality. You might want to do some googling to confirm it can give you PCIE4.0 lanes off the PCH.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote