View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2020, 04:34 PM   #67
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor976 View Post
Nice PPD jump, Crawdaddy!

What all are you folding with now? I've had this 1070 since early 2016. Next gen cards can't come soon enough... I've had a death grip on my wallet wrt gaming since the crypto craze. Prices -still- seem artificially inflated/fixed, to me. Hopefully next gen competition will at least ease my perception, if not the actual prices. lol
I ended up giving up on the Vega 64 and got a 5700XT. I RMA'd the Vega a 2nd time and it's been in repair for a week. Not sure what I'll do with it when it gets back, assuming it's fixed.

But the new card is a beast. Micro Center had the Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT for $435. When I asked about it the guy said the bigger version was quieter because the cooling solution was much more efficient, and the only reason not to get it was if you didn't have enough case space. Arrogantly I thought I had plenty of room for any card. Nope. This one was a full inch+ more beastier than the Vega 64. It forced me to route my motherboard cable correctly.

Just running it with default settings out of the box. Not a single crash in two weeks.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote