View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2020, 07:53 PM   #69
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That sucks man... I've lost hardware to folding in the past. A power supply and a CPU (but the CPU was my fault for trying to increase PPD ). Many say that folding just exposes existing issues, but I don't necessarily agree.

It's pure bliss being able to fold and not worry about crashes. I genuinely thought the occasional crash was just the nature of [email protected], and that everybody encountered them. Mine just were more frequent.

No - FlyorDie pegged it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Something must be wrong with your GPU. My V64 runs that unit just fine.
Anyway, if you have the case space for it, the Nitro+ is the quietest card I've had for as long as I can remember. It pulls about 180W (GPU) and gets 1.5M PPD with non 13421 WUs (gets about 600k PPD with the 13421's, @ 70W). Temp stays at 75C and fan RPM never breaks 3 digits. When it's idling, the fans don't even spin.

I think getting bigger than reference, specialized cooled GPUs is going to be my MO from here on out.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote