View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2021, 09:08 AM   #187
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I'd consider the 11900K a crazy amount of cash though. I mean, it's the highest of the high end so it's going to cost you even if you do stay with the 490 platform. All I'm saying is that when the next GPU launch comes out it will change what is CPU bound. We already have CPU limitations at 4K on some titles right now. How do you think it's going to look when the 4080 comes out? Ignoring a 15% performance advantage is just plain dumb. CPU and GPU limitations flip flop over the course of time. Unless you buy a new CPU every time a GPU is released you are bound to hit CPU limitations at some point. Especially if you stop moving up in resolution which I'm willing to bet most of us are staying at 4k for a good long time. If people are going to ignore performance advantages that don't immediately effect their bottom line then they are buying blind and wasting their money. Only people who plan to upgrade every time a new GPU is released are free of this issue and I'm willing to bet they value owning the fastest regardless of weather it will benefit them or not.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 10, 2021 at 09:21 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote